Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Oh my! That is quite the view!! We had a "roof view" at the BC once. I guess it didn't bother us too much. We just didn't sit on the balcony much. Thank you for sending the picture.
We weren't in the room much. DH was more disappointed because we stayed 2 other times in the last year and got upgraded, once to resort view and once to fireworks view, we could see epcot and dhs. But I keep telling him that probably had to do with me noting we were there for our wedding and honeymoon :)

[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
DH would say the view we had in January :)

u57zHdpl.jpg
Ours today is close. Rooftop of convention center at Dolphin.

Attachments

• 0B032EA6-5704-43ED-977A-660ECE839628.jpeg
    0B032EA6-5704-43ED-977A-660ECE839628.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 20
We weren't in the room much. DH was more disappointed because we stayed 2 other times in the last year and got upgraded, once to resort view and once to fireworks view, we could see epcot and dhs. But I keep telling him that probably had to do with me noting we were there for our wedding and honeymoon :)
I’m not upset. Last time we could see Epcot & HS from our room. This time not, but we will sleep here, eat breakfast and be in the parks pretty much the rest of the time.

What would you suggest as far as a request to avoid those awful views from a "traditional" room? When booking online you can chose high floor, low floor and close to elevator I think? I haven't stayed at the Dolphin in at least 10 years and we had great luck in the past getting balcony rooms facing epcot and even an epcot fireworks view (both upgrades from what I booked!) and I think I only requested maybe west wing? I am very rusty in my Dolphin knowledge so any advice would be great! Not expecting an upgrade but would love to avoid those dumpster/rooftop views if possible!

What would you suggest as far as a request to avoid those awful views from a "traditional" room? When booking online you can chose high floor, low floor and close to elevator I think? I haven't stayed at the Dolphin in at least 10 years and we had great luck in the past getting balcony rooms facing epcot and even an epcot fireworks view (both upgrades from what I booked!) and I think I only requested maybe west wing? I am very rusty in my Dolphin knowledge so any advice would be great! Not expecting an upgrade but would love to avoid those dumpster/rooftop views if possible!
I think West is better but not entirely sure. We are in east wing now with the roof view (see above)

""
I always book my room off the spg.com website, and it allows me to choose different room types such as "Traditional Room", "Resort View" "Resort View with Balcony", "Fireworks View". If you want a guarantee to avoid a view from a "traditional" room, book one of the other room types.

Thanks everyone!
Yes I know I could book a resort view or resort balcony but I’m trying to save some $$ but also want to increase my chances of the best of the worst view I could get!

I’m thinking higher floor would be a good choice. As I said the only choices in my room category as far as requests were high floor, low floor, or close to elevator. Every time I’ve stayed at the dolphin I’ve been lucky enough to get a balcony room. Once was on a lower floor which was great because we used the stairs to the lobby all the time. The other time we were upgraded to a fireworks view and had the best view of the Epcot illuminations fireworks. But I think both times I had booked resort view, so I’m stressing over this traditional view!

So West wing is closest to the pools then? East is closer to yacht club? The google map was awesome but I’m directionally challenged sometimes! ☺️

So West wing is closest to the pools then? East is closer to yacht club? The google map was awesome but I’m directionally challenged sometimes! ☺️

That sounds right, I think. The west wing would be near the pool/bus stop and the east wing would be near the water taxi/yacht and beach club. I base that on where I remember the west and east elevator banks being located in the lobby.

An east view, if a number of floors up, will be of the Boardwalk and Epcot.

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3589616,-81.5544159,1586a,35y,39.05t/data=!3m1!1e3

We arrived yesterday and are at The Swan. We lucked out and got the exact room we requested. Our view is amazing - of the Epcot geosphere and both the HS and Epcot fireworks. My planning sure came through for us!

At check in the guy assumed we’d been here many times before given how well informed I was on the primo view. Thanks to you all for the tips.

Full report when we return - we are off to Early Morning Magic!

Thanks everyone!
Yes I know I could book a resort view or resort balcony but I’m trying to save some $$ but also want to increase my chances of the best of the worst view I could get!

I’m thinking higher floor would be a good choice. As I said the only choices in my room category as far as requests were high floor, low floor, or close to elevator. Every time I’ve stayed at the dolphin I’ve been lucky enough to get a balcony room. Once was on a lower floor which was great because we used the stairs to the lobby all the time. The other time we were upgraded to a fireworks view and had the best view of the Epcot illuminations fireworks. But I think both times I had booked resort view, so I’m stressing over this traditional view!

I have better luck with room requests by using the concierge request link (Dan posts it every few pages, scroll back a couple if you don't have it handy). I always just explain that we'd like a resort view, if possible, and I mention what we're celebrating. Most of the time using that method I get at least a room facing "the right direction" (versus overlooking the bus loop, dumpsters, and hotel entrance)

Every high floor room won't guarantee a nice view, and not every nice view is great in all directions... sorry for the low quality photos but here are two pictures from the same room just looking in different directions from our September 2017 stay:
IMG_9626.JPG

IMG_9627.JPG

We arrived yesterday and are at The Swan. We lucked out and got the exact room we requested. Our view is amazing - of the Epcot geosphere and both the HS and Epcot fireworks. My planning sure came through for us!

At check in the guy assumed we’d been here many times before given how well informed I was on the primo view. Thanks to you all for the tips.

Full report when we return - we are off to Early Morning Magic!
Hard to beat this post! Enjoy.

I have better luck with room requests by using the concierge request link (Dan posts it every few pages, scroll back a couple if you don't have it handy)
Here is the link again, to put it on a more current page. It is on the S/D website, click Home on the upper left and then VIP Concierge Services in the lower right.

https://swandolphin.com/

http://swandolphinconcierge.com/

I'm sniffing a return visit for us. November.
Anyone have SPECIFIC room numbers to request for views. We had simple resort view w/ balcony last time. I think we had TOT in the distance. 324, I think? Nothing special, but nothing bad at all.

Thanks everyone!

This is correct. I am here now to confirm .
Also we have a door that connects to the room next to us and I have noticed that since a family checked in next door we can hear every peep. It has made for some noise at night that has woken us. Also double beds are not ideal for us we have decided .Booked with points and saved but next time it is back to the Swan for sure and will make sure to have a room that is not one that connects for less noise

Raises hand: I have some park tickets/Magic Band questions!

I know MBs aren't included so we have to buy them (and yes I know we can't charge to them or use as room keys, we want them anyway). I purchased our park tickets and linked them to MDE already, so that part is set. I had them email me the bar codes for CMs to scan onsite rather than have hard tickets mailed.

So, does anyone know if I can buy our MBs at the Swolphin gift shops on the day we check in and have the CM there link our tickets to them, so we can use our MBs for entry, photos, etc. when we enter the park for the first time the following day? If we can't, then what do I need to do to get them set up that evening (head over to Boardwalk? Guest services at Int'l Gateway? Other?). My goal is to have everything set up so that we can just head to MK the following morning without having to stop at Guest Services or something. TIA! :wave:

My goal is to have everything set up so that we can just head to MK the following morning without having to stop at Guest Services or something. TIA!
Why not just order them now and set them up at home? We did that for our November trip then to be safe swung by the Disney Planning Center in the Swan to test them. Worked great.

Why not just order them now and set them up at home? We did that for our November trip then to be safe swung by the Disney Planning Center in the Swan to test them. Worked great.

I thought about that but I want DD to be able to pick out her own, and I don't plan on telling her about the trip until about 3 weeks before we go (She's 6 and while I want her to look forward to the trip I don't want to hear "when are we going? Is it now? Tomorrow? How many more days?" for months on end). By then I'd be nervous we wouldn't get the bands shipped in time. And anyway we have plenty of time the day we get there and no real plans other than eating dinner, exploring the resort, and maybe going for a swim. I don't mind doing it on site, I just want to know where to go to do it ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter