Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

If you want her to pick her own, then you can still link them yourself when you buy them there - only takes a second to do. You just need the serial number from the mb, - you enter that into MDE and you're good. I set mine up before we got there, but still asked the cm at the disney desk to verify everything was linked properly before we headed out on day 1. The cm scanned each mb and saw everything - only took a few sec. I'd assume the cm at the desk would have no issue linking them for you if you needed. They might just be able to scan them instead of entering the serial number manually.

However, keep this in mind - you might have a bigger selection if you buy them online.

If you want her to pick her own, then you can still link them yourself when you buy them there - only takes a second to do. You just need the serial number from the mb, - you enter that into MDE and you're good. I set mine up before we got there, but still asked the cm at the disney desk to verify everything was linked properly before we headed out on day 1. The cm scanned each mb and saw everything - only took a few sec. I'd assume the cm at the desk would have no issue linking them for you if you needed. They might just be able to scan them instead of entering the serial number manually.

However, keep this in mind - you might have a bigger selection if you buy them online.

Thanks! I just read the "magic band" thread on the DIS theme parks strategy board and I think I have this straight in my head now. The tickets are in our MDE account already. I can order MBs online in advance and have them shipped, and link them myself. Or, once on site I have the option of getting hard tickets (having them scan my email and giving us tickets) or buying MBs. With the MBs, either way, once I link the MBs (bought in advance or onsite) to our MDE account, the MBs are good for park entry and all the rest.

Do I have that right?

Well I wanted to report that today was my 60 day mark and I was beyond happy/relieved to see my full stay window open right at 7 am this morning after all the troubles I had linking my Costco Dolphin package to MDX!! :D I think in the back of my mind I just expected another issue to pop up this morning. We got everything we wanted at the times we wanted including FOP and 7DMT. We haven't been in 4 years so really looking forward to this trip in May AND we are taking a less commando approach so we have two half days blocked out for pool time at the Dolphin. Yay!

Raises hand: I have some park tickets/Magic Band questions!

I know MBs aren't included so we have to buy them (and yes I know we can't charge to them or use as room keys, we want them anyway). I purchased our park tickets and linked them to MDE already, so that part is set. I had them email me the bar codes for CMs to scan onsite rather than have hard tickets mailed.

So, does anyone know if I can buy our MBs at the Swolphin gift shops on the day we check in and have the CM there link our tickets to them, so we can use our MBs for entry, photos, etc. when we enter the park for the first time the following day? If we can't, then what do I need to do to get them set up that evening (head over to Boardwalk? Guest services at Int'l Gateway? Other?). My goal is to have everything set up so that we can just head to MK the following morning without having to stop at Guest Services or something. TIA! :wave:
I don’t know if this is an option for you, but if you have old Magic Bands from a previous trip, they will work. We always use old ones when staying there.

Thanks! I just read the "magic band" thread on the DIS theme parks strategy board and I think I have this straight in my head now. The tickets are in our MDE account already. I can order MBs online in advance and have them shipped, and link them myself. Or, once on site I have the option of getting hard tickets (having them scan my email and giving us tickets) or buying MBs. With the MBs, either way, once I link the MBs (bought in advance or onsite) to our MDE account, the MBs are good for park entry and all the rest.

Do I have that right?

Sounds like you have it right. There may be MORE stuff to know about the subject, but what you have is correct.
Just an opinion: buy them before, and link them instead of getting hard tickets when you are there. You'll be standing in lines enough, trust me. Don't choose to stand in one more, especially if you WANT the mb's. If you want the little one to get a fancy one, just choose one you think she'd like, order it online, and then give it to her however many weeks before. (I'm pretty sure she will be thrilled with any mb, no?) Just an opinion.

Raises hand: I have some park tickets/Magic Band questions!

I know MBs aren't included so we have to buy them (and yes I know we can't charge to them or use as room keys, we want them anyway). I purchased our park tickets and linked them to MDE already, so that part is set. I had them email me the bar codes for CMs to scan onsite rather than have hard tickets mailed.

So, does anyone know if I can buy our MBs at the Swolphin gift shops on the day we check in and have the CM there link our tickets to them, so we can use our MBs for entry, photos, etc. when we enter the park for the first time the following day? If we can't, then what do I need to do to get them set up that evening (head over to Boardwalk? Guest services at Int'l Gateway? Other?). My goal is to have everything set up so that we can just head to MK the following morning without having to stop at Guest Services or something. TIA! :wave:

If you are flying in to MCO, you can also purchase MagicBands at the EarPort Store (Disney shop) at the airport. They have a fairly good selection, at the same prices as in the parks. The CMs there will gladly help you set everything up, as well. The store is located on the same level as arrivals/departures, on the landside (pre-security).

DISNEY’S EARPORT
LOCATED: Main Terminal - East Hall
HOURS: 7:00am - 9:00pm
PHONE: 407-825-2339

Sounds like you have it right. There may be MORE stuff to know about the subject, but what you have is correct.
Just an opinion: buy them before, and link them instead of getting hard tickets when you are there. You'll be standing in lines enough, trust me. Don't choose to stand in one more, especially if you WANT the mb's. If you want the little one to get a fancy one, just choose one you think she'd like, order it online, and then give it to her however many weeks before. (I'm pretty sure she will be thrilled with any mb, no?) Just an opinion.

Thanks! I may just pick one out for her so I can order now and have them shipped, haven't decided yet.

If you are flying in to MCO, you can also purchase MagicBands at the EarPort Store (Disney shop) at the airport. They have a fairly good selection, at the same prices as in the parks. The CMs there will gladly help you set everything up, as well. The store is located on the same level as arrivals/departures, on the landside (pre-security).

DISNEY’S EARPORT
LOCATED: Main Terminal - East Hall
HOURS: 7:00am - 9:00pm
PHONE: 407-825-2339

Thanks! I wouldn't be opposed but DH usually wants to get out of the airport ASAP. But nice to know it's an option!

Woohoo just booked our first two days at Dolphin, super excited as its our first stay here!
The smores kits what are they for and where do you use them?
IS there a current link to the menus at Picabu and Fuel?
Do you prepay the $28 resort fee plus $20 for parking at check in
I'm an SPG member with the SPG credit card if that makes any difference

Last edited:
I don’t know if this is an option for you, but if you have old Magic Bands from a previous trip, they will work. We always use old ones when staying there.

I'm definitely doing this, made sure no one lost their magic band from 4 years ago!!

Woohoo just booked our first two days at Dolphin, super excited as its our first stay here!
Picabu menu select by meal (20% discount with AAA card)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dolphin-hotel/picabu/menus/dinner/
Fuel menu
http://allears.net/dining/menu/fuel/all-day
Daily fee must be paid by all (Plat SPG members might get small discount). This is what it gets you:
https://swandolphin.com/welcome/checkin/resortpackage.html
Parking fee to be paid by any guest with a vehicle parked in the resort's parking lot. It's a daily fee and includes unlimited number of exits and re-enterings each day.
The fees are added to your daily charges.

magic band from 4 years ago
Be aware that the long distance RFID might not work after that long. The long distance RFID is used to trigger on-ride photos and videos and a number of on-ride little 'treats' on several rides.

Fyi I just read a Tripadvisor review that said they got a AAA discount at Fuel too. Good to know!
The AAA discount at Fuel is "iffy." Shortly after Fuel opened, I received the discount. On a following trip, a manager had to approve the discount, as I was informed they are not supposed to offer it. Since then, I have not been able to get it.

It's worth trying, but, unless things recently changed, there is no guaranty.

The AAA discount at Fuel is "iffy." Shortly after Fuel opened, I received the discount. On a following trip, a manager had to approve the discount, as I was informed they are not supposed to offer it. Since then, I have not been able to get it.

It's worth trying, but, unless things recently changed, there is no guaranty.
Good to know!! Thanks. I haven't been using it there since I didn't think I could. When I read the tripadvisor review I was bummed thinking I missed some discount. I mostly go to Picabu anyway. 6.00 for a latte at Fuel? No thank you!

Yes, anyone who is there/goes there in the next month, can you check out the AAA discount availability? I don't see it on the website anymore, and I'm pretty sure I did before.

Also, can anyone verify stairwell availability in the Dolphin? My boys love to take the stairs down rather than wait for an elevator, but I've heard that several of the floors only have true emergency exits (set off an alarm) instead of stairs being another option to use.

The smores kits are not in the rooms. They are in the lobby. The staff will give you a calendar when you check in that tells you what nights the smores are available. I think you make them in the pool area. There is a menu for Picabu...it's on the main Disney World website under dining. I don't believe there is an official menu for Fuel, although I would bet somebody has posted it in a blog somewhere. The resort/parking fees will be charged to your room one day at a time. I have never prepaid for them but, then again, I have never asked to prepay for them. FWIW, I am also an SPG member but don't have their credit card.

I'm definitely doing this, made sure no one lost their magic band from 4 years ago!!
We usually use our old ones but this time added a night at Poly, got new MBs and a ride on Magical Express.

Just to briefly compare Poly and Dolphin (stayed at both in the past 5 days)
Poly: nice location obviously, watched MK fireworks from the resort, room size good, huge bathroom with large double vanity but since vanity is in bathroom, hard for one person to use vanity and one to shower; poor placement of towel racks/hooks (none can be reached from shower, you have to get out dripping wet to reach a towel.)

Dolphin:close to 2 parks instead of one (better for us since Epcot is our fave), good size room, tiny bathroom with tub/toilet; single vanity outside bathroom allowing 2 people to get ready but little room for stuff on single vanity; well placed towel racks/hooks, reachable from tub; super comfy beds, far better than Poly.

Both resorts, we had std rooms, no upgrades. Poly looked out onto neighboring resort and a walkway. Dolphin view was rooftop of convention center. I doubt I’d stay at Poly again just due to cost.

We usually use our old ones but this time added a night at Poly, got new MBs and a ride on Magical Express.

Just to briefly compare Poly and Dolphin (stayed at both in the past 5 days)
Poly: nice location obviously, watched MK fireworks from the resort, room size good, huge bathroom with large double vanity but since vanity is in bathroom, hard for one person to use vanity and one to shower; poor placement of towel racks/hooks (none can be reached from shower, you have to get out dripping wet to reach a towel.)

Dolphin:close to 2 parks instead of one (better for us since Epcot is our fave), good size room, tiny bathroom with tub/toilet; single vanity outside bathroom allowing 2 people to get ready but little room for stuff on single vanity; well placed towel racks/hooks, reachable from tub; super comfy beds, far better than Poly.

Both resorts, we had std rooms, no upgrades. Poly looked out onto neighboring resort and a walkway. Dolphin view was rooftop of convention center. I doubt I’d stay at Poly again just due to cost.
I like your comparison. I think we felt similarly about BLT vs Dolphin on our honeymoon. We had theme park view at BLT so neat to watch fireworks/walk to MK, but teeny vanity in bathroom... I like when they're outside the bathroom. I'm a little more forgiving of the vanity being in the bathroom in a cheap hotel, like the $50 a night Quality Inn we stayed at in my hometown over NYE :laughing: BLT also had funny shelves in the bathroom which I dislike in a house where I want to hide things away to look neat, on vacation I don't care so I dislike them 10x more! Dolphin we got upgraded and had balcony plus could see DHS and Epcot fireworks, and beds were so much better. Plus easy to get to those parks. It will be hard for me to shell out the money (or CC points ;)) for Deluxe vs Swan/Dolphin. I also like the Starbucks coffee in the Dolphin, because I'm picky and usually travel with the VIA packets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter