• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

whats the airport shuttle like? How long did it take? Was it better than the free magical exp available at the other resorts? Is it $36 PP round trip? Anyone just taken a lyft/uber from the airport?

We are looking to book the Alcove Room or Premium room but usually we book on points and pay the upgrade fee. We do this to take advantage of the CL FP program (who even knows if it will still be around December 2020) I don't even know what is more economical at this point anymore. It's roughly the same price as CL at Coronado....but we just love the Dolphin location so much!
You might call and ask for In-House reservations see if they can help you out. But yeah I agree, S/D prices made it to much for my budget, probably better for their bottom line but not for mine.

whats the airport shuttle like? How long did it take? Was it better than the free magical exp available at the other resorts? Is it $36 PP round trip? Anyone just taken a lyft/uber from the airport?
I can't help on the shuttle we did Lyft from MCO to Swan, worked great for us about $35 total.

Is the swan hotel quiet and good for sleeping? I currently have booked the Pop Century resort. I have stayed their before. The rates there are good, but its one of those outdoorsey motel disney resorts that remind me of an upscale quality inn. I am thinking of cancelling POP and getting into Swan.

Is the swan hotel quiet and good for sleeping? I currently have booked the Pop Century resort. I have stayed their before. The rates there are good, but its one of those outdoorsey motel disney resorts that remind me of an upscale quality inn. I am thinking of cancelling POP and getting into Swan.

Swan and Dolphin are not motels like the Disney "Value" models, and some of the "Moderates."
Don't be romanced into the Disney nomenclatures. Those things are motels.

Swan and Dolphin are not motels. I completely assumed they were shabby, cheap, motels because of the comparable prices of the Disney owned resorts. For my first stay at Swan, it didn't cost much more than a value with the same ticket options, so I assumed it would be a motel as well.

It's not a Disney motel. Trust me. You get more for your $ BECAUSE they are not Disney owned. The restaurants, and location follow suit. I'm glad I researched and didn't immediately cross it off the list because of the "it's not Disney themed" arguments. That is absolutely a deal breaker for some, and it's understandable, and valid. It's just not even on my radar as being an issue. Do your research, see if it works - remember the charges:
no dme = extra $
Resort fee = extra $

No ability to get the Disney Dining Plan (which is not really pertinent to us, since we don't want it)
If you'd like MagicBands, you won't get them free = extra $

Just do your research, you'll make the right choice.
For your original question about Pop Vs Swan - not even close. Pop is a motel. Swan is a pretty darn nice Hotel.

I will say this - if you are worried about night noise and sleeping - if there's a big convention in the resorts, you might have issues. I've never encountered any, but it's a possibility that can happen at any of the Wallyworld resorts.

Swan and Dolphin are not motels like the Disney "Value" models, and some of the "Moderates."
Don't be romanced into the Disney nomenclatures. Those things are motels.

Swan and Dolphin are not motels. I completely assumed they were shabby, cheap, motels because of the comparable prices of the Disney owned resorts. For my first stay at Swan, it didn't cost much more than a value with the same ticket options, so I assumed it would be a motel as well.

It's not a Disney motel. Trust me. You get more for your $ BECAUSE they are not Disney owned. The restaurants, and location follow suit. I'm glad I researched and didn't immediately cross it off the list because of the "it's not Disney themed" arguments. That is absolutely a deal breaker for some, and it's understandable, and valid. It's just not even on my radar as being an issue. Do your research, see if it works - remember the charges:
no dme = extra $
Resort fee = extra $

No ability to get the Disney Dining Plan (which is not really pertinent to us, since we don't want it)
If you'd like MagicBands, you won't get them free = extra $

Just do your research, you'll make the right choice.
For your original question about Pop Vs Swan - not even close. Pop is a motel. Swan is a pretty darn nice Hotel.

I will say this - if you are worried about night noise and sleeping - if there's a big convention in the resorts, you might have issues. I've never encountered any, but it's a possibility that can happen at any of the Wallyworld resorts.

Another thing is, if I arrive early will they hold my bags? Also, if I am planning on heading to the airport late then will they hold my bags too?

Another thing is, if I arrive early will they hold my bags? Also, if I am planning on heading to the airport late then will they hold my bags too?

I can tell you are skeptical like I was.
This is not a cheap hotel.
Someone else will give you a definite answer, but I can almost guarantee you that the answer is yes.
This is not a cheap hotel. It is very nice.

On your reservation you can request an early check in. It’s not always available but I’ve checked in as early as 7am. That was when I had two connecting rooms - one was available that early, one was not. If your room isn’t ready, yes, they’ll hold your bags.

I can tell you are skeptical like I was.
This is not a cheap hotel.
Someone else will give you a definite answer, but I can almost guarantee you that the answer is yes.
This is not a cheap hotel. It is very nice.
I have been in the Dolphin before and its really nice. I just booked it for my trip. Now I have to cancel the pop century. eh well, I wanted to book Beach Club, but it was over $100 a night more to be across the lake.

Everything worked this morning for FP - thanks for all your input. Yay!
Awesome I was thinking about you earlier hoping you got the MDE numbers all lined up.

Is the swan hotel quiet and good for sleeping?
One of the big plusses is the Heavenly Beds that the use. We've always slept very good at either S/D, but our last trip it was wonderful. We had nice quiet corner room, view of the backside of Boardwalk and the water, left the blinds open and just the sheet curtains closed, nice glow from the lighting, but no noise that I can remember.

I also want to give a word of caution, S/D doesn't include a few Disney perks. You won't get free magic bands, or use of Magical Express or charging to your room while in the parks. You do get 180 ADRs and 60 day FP+ though.

Here is a few of our room.

we Have booked Swan for end of March. My husband has a convention so we are getting a pretty good rate. It’s just the 2 of us so we requested king but no guarantee. We’ve always stayed at a Disney resort so I have some questions I’m hoping someone can help me with. Can we use Magic bands from a prior trip? We were there in Nov 18 so just a little over a year ago. If not, can I order some special customized bands thru Disney? Do we buy park tickets thru Disney or from Swan? I’ve looked thru some of these pages and understand no magical express or charging in park privileges. Also understand I can link my Swan reservations on my disney experience app. Anything else I need to know about? Thanks everyone!

we Have booked Swan for end of March. My husband has a convention so we are getting a pretty good rate. It’s just the 2 of us so we requested king but no guarantee. We’ve always stayed at a Disney resort so I have some questions I’m hoping someone can help me with. Can we use Magic bands from a prior trip? We were there in Nov 18 so just a little over a year ago. If not, can I order some special customized bands thru Disney? Do we buy park tickets thru Disney or from Swan? I’ve looked thru some of these pages and understand no magical express or charging in park privileges. Also understand I can link my Swan reservations on my disney experience app. Anything else I need to know about? Thanks everyone!
Enjoy the trip, not too far off.

I would check special rates in addition to the convention rate. I have often found available special rates at hotels/resorts can be better than convention rates. Just a thought.

YOu can use Magic Bands from prior trips. You can purchase park tickets at the Swan.

@Markal Has the conference announced any ticket packages for the parks yet? I'd check to see if they are going to, most do get a conference rate for tickets. I've been to a few, but to long ago to be of much help. Though this summer at Disneyland we got our ticket offer within a month of a arrival, I'd almost bought them and was happy I waited as the prices were lower than I could have gotten from any where else. Might be worth checking with the conference organizing group.

For those who have gotten breakfast vouchers through Marriott status at Swan, where do you use them to pick up to go items? Fresh has worked so well in the past for us, but might be looking at Swan

@Markal Has the conference announced any ticket packages for the parks yet? I'd check to see if they are going to, most do get a conference rate for tickets. I've been to a few, but to long ago to be of much help. Though this summer at Disneyland we got our ticket offer within a month of a arrival, I'd almost bought them and was happy I waited as the prices were lower than I could have gotten from any where else. Might be worth checking with the conference organizing group.
Great idea. I hadn’t thought about that. Thank you!

Hi All! New to booking at the Swolphin. We're excited to try something new but I'm not sure what to do. I have the Dolphin booked through an agency exclusive. It is a standard room and the double beds have me questioning my choice. There are rooms available at the Swan for our dates so I need to make a choice about spending a bit more for the queen beds at the Swan. What would I be losing hotel wise going from the Dolphin to the Swan and vice versa? If it will be too close to call, then I can focus on the beds! It will be DH, DS23 and myself so no littles to consider. If I switch I will book a 2 bed queen with balcony. Staying at BC most likely for 3 nights first so balcony/no balcony won't be a huge deal (we may get one of the dreaded Juliette balconies there so won't get hung up about the balcony.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter