Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi All! New to booking at the Swolphin. We're excited to try something new but I'm not sure what to do. I have the Dolphin booked through an agency exclusive. It is a standard room and the double beds have me questioning my choice. There are rooms available at the Swan for our dates so I need to make a choice about spending a bit more for the queen beds at the Swan. What would I be losing hotel wise going from the Dolphin to the Swan and vice versa? If it will be too close to call, then I can focus on the beds! It will be DH, DS23 and myself so no littles to consider. If I switch I will book a 2 bed queen with balcony. Staying at BC most likely for 3 nights first so balcony/no balcony won't be a huge deal (we may get one of the dreaded Juliette balconies there so won't get hung up about the balcony.)
I prefer the Swan over the Dolphin. Bigger beds, important I would say for 3 adults. It is a smaller, more compact hotel, Dolphin is too big for me. Bus pickup is before the Dolphin, might be important during more crowded times. Swan has double vanities, one inside the shower/toilet area, the other outside that area.

The Dolphin has more eating venues than the Swan, but the Swan has a good share also.

In any case, the two resorts are a very short walk from each other. Door to door is just over 500 feet, about a one minute walk, 2 for me.

I prefer the Swan over the Dolphin. Bigger beds, important I would say for 3 adults. It is a smaller, more compact hotel, Dolphin is too big for me. Bus pickup is before the Dolphin, might be important during more crowded times. Swan has double vanities, one inside the shower/toilet area, the other outside that area.

The Dolphin has more eating venues than the Swan, but the Swan has a good share also.

In any case, the two resorts are a very short walk from each other. Door to door is just over 500 feet, about a one minute walk, 2 for me.

Thanks Dan! I'm thinking I may drop my deal and more the res to the Swan. Those double beds are not my favorite. Son says no big deal-but he's not sharing one! I've visited the Dolphin to go to Mandara but otherwise I'm unfamiliar with these resorts. Really looking forward to trying something new.

Hi! Will the Swan front desk transport our bags to a Disney hotel (Ft. Wilderness Cabins)? Can I drop them off at their Bell Services early in the morning such as 7am?

The day we arrive at Swan will be a very early morning for us, and I see check-in is not until 4pm. Will be too tired to stay at park until then. If we head to Swan about 2pm hoping our room is ready but turns out its not, any suggestions on restful things we can do there to kill time? This is next week so weather could be iffy. But maybe the hot tub (place to change into swim suit? are there towels at pool?) or Swan boats? Or do we need room key to show for those activities?

@dtchgrl yes they will transfer your bags, take them to Bell Services.

Do download the Bonvoy app and login with your Marriott account info, great way to stay in touch. You're right about check-in time, but you might get lucky and have it ready early..

You can do all those activities, when you arrive and drop you bags they can fill you in on everything.

Have a blast!

@dtchgrl -
For a relaxing activity, The Boardwalk is essentially outside of the Swan's door, as well. If you've never been, you could stroll over there and peek around. It's not huge or anything, but there's a few restaurants, a "general" store, The Bakery (more sizzle than steak, imo,) Ample Hills (I highly endorse AH...HIGHLY.) You can also hop on a Friendship boat for a leisurely ride around the lake/resorts/DHS/EP.

I'm not 100% sure of a changing area for the Swan's pool/Hot tub, BUT, on the Dolphin side, behind the grotto waterfall, there are washrooms. You'll see that the Dolphin pool complex is MUCH bigger - it's just down a short walkway across from Swan's pool - (the amenities are shared, no worries there.) One time, I was asked for a room key for towels at the Dolphin pool "cabana/hut." Every other time, I just grab towels off the rack. When I've stayed at Swan, I just grab towels off of their rack or chairs before heading over to Dolphin. If you are worried about not having a room key, just ask at the front desk. If anyone asked me about a room key, and I didn't have one, I'd give them my name and room number and politely ask them to figure the rest out on their own and return if they needed further proof. That's not me being a hard a$$ or anything, I'm not a jerk, but I'm not in the business of pool hopping with my family while spending a ton of money at Wallyworld trying to have a vacation.

I'd also suggest taking a stroll around Dolphin to get the "lay of the land." The first floor is a little confusing, but it might be worth walking around before/after you check out all of the pools and hot tubs.

If the weather is in your favor, one thing we do is take a dip in each pool and hot tub. If you are staying at Swan, I think I'd:
1. Walk around Swan, Take a peek in Garden Grove, find Kimonos if you like sushi. DEFINITELY go to Kimonos while you are there.
2. Walk over to Dolphin, look at the lobby, peek inside Fuel (maybe grab a small froyo, and also decide which sandwich to get a Fuel later in your stay. Those lunch/dinner sub sandwiches at Fuel are worth every penny - don't worry about the price. They are another hidden gem, like Kimonos, imo.)
3. Find Picabu, Fresh Med, and the ice cream/sandwich place (forgot the name, but it's next to fresh med, you won't miss it.)
4. Walk down the hallway from Picabu towards the fitness center, and exit those doors out to the Dolphin's lap pool.
5. Start your pool dip mini marathon in the Dolphin's lap pool, and work your way back to Swan. Note: Dolphin's hot tubs are behind their pools, kind of tucked away. and also, there's a cool seating area behind the waterfall - you'll see)

This is not a cheap hotel, I assumed it was at first and I was very skeptical until I started doing some research. I'm glad I'm on team Swolphin. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely for us. I'm a researcher when it comes to spending money. I don't like to overpay for things, but I will gladly pay for quality when it's worth it to me. We could stay anywhere in Wallyworld, but the value, to me, is in Swolphin

Last edited:

@Matty123 thanks for sharing your information, I'm sure that will be helpful.

I'm guessing that the system changes for charging kids were not fully implemented, it was supposed to have been fixed last fall, but like you reports keep popping up that it's not.

Have a great trip!

Just booked our room at the Swan for our third stay in October 2020 (woohoo!) and can confirm that the site charged us for a child as an extra adult (assuming Marriott views a 10 year old as a child even though Disney is ridiculous about treating her as an adult). So I will be calling to have the charge removed and be sure that DD shows up for MDE linking purposes -- I've learned to be sure that the reservation is 100% straight on Marriott's end before linking.

Love the Swan - can't wait to be back!!!

Odd question - I know that we can use the fitness center facilities (showers/changing room) on our c/o day, BUT does anyone know if they have swimsuit dryer? Right now the plan is to use the pool for a couple of hours before our flight and I really do not want to pack wet swimsuits - did it once and long story short forgot about DDs suit for a couple of days :crazy2:
Our rec center has a very convenient suit dryer that takes less than a minute.

Is it possible to actually speak to someone at the Swolphin front desk about a reservation? If so, do you call the 407-934-3000 number, 800-828-8850 number or a different number? if the 407 number which option do you select when the call is answered?

Thank you!

Is it possible to actually speak to someone at the Swolphin front desk about a reservation? If so, do you call the 407-934-3000 number, 800-828-8850 number or a different number? if the 407 number which option do you select when the call is answered?

Thank you!
I believe the toll free number directly to the Swan and Dolphin is 888-828-8850.

Last edited:
Odd question - I know that we can use the fitness center facilities (showers/changing room) on our c/o day, BUT does anyone know if they have swimsuit dryer? Right now the plan is to use the pool for a couple of hours before our flight and I really do not want to pack wet swimsuits - did it once and long story short forgot about DDs suit for a couple of days :crazy2:

No idea if they have those dryer things - never even thought about it. It would be a great idea. I use them all the time at my gym.
BUT, I have (and maybe all of us have) done the same exact thing about forgetting wet swim suits. I've learned my lesson. I just make sure to pack the wet stuff into a plastic bags (and I keep a few plastic grocery bags just for this reason.) I always make it a point take them out within a few minutes after getting home. It's MUCH easier than opening the suitcase to science experiment.
👨‍🔬

Unless they were recently added, there is no swimsuit dryer in either fitness center locker rooms.

Hello everyone. I've booked a room called the family suite in the dolphin which has 2 double beds and a sofa bed. Anyone know anything about the view from these rooms? Do they have balconies? Is the sofa bed comfortable? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter