Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I don't know for sure, but a few people I have talked to have canceled their trips but the park reservations remained until they canceled them. Just anecdotal, but park reservations don't seem to be like Fastpasses in that way from what I have heard.
This was true for me.

Couldn't risk dolphin not opening so just switched to Swan for our november trip. Sure hope disboards are right and we don't lose our park passes. It is hard to second guess what things will be like.

Couldn't risk dolphin not opening so just switched to Swan for our november trip. Sure hope disboards are right and we don't lose our park passes. It is hard to second guess what things will be like.

We switched from Pop to Dolphin for one trip and cancelled another trip altogether and both times, our park passes remained intact. I finally went in and cancelled them for the trip we’re not taking myself. So I think yours will be fine!

Does anyone know if all the queen rooms are the same size? We have 2 teens and definitely need room. The resort options are pretty limited, understandably.

I've been overthinking my trip in December (nothing new, but still ugh).

1. What are the chances the Swan closes again? Like, is it even possible?

2. If they do close, would Disney move us to another Disney resort like they did people who had reservations at the Disney resorts that remain closed or would we have to scramble to get rooms like everyone else?

I'm included in the states that are eligible for the 30% discount right now and am wondering if I should book another resort instead of the Swan. It's my 50th birthday (was supposed to be in Caribbean) and I'd prefer to stay at the Swan for convenience and comfort (those beds).

I understand nobody knows the future, but statistically, do you think the Swan has a chance of closing again?

2. If they do close, would Disney move us to another Disney resort like they did people who had reservations at the Disney resorts that remain closed or would we have to scramble to get rooms like everyone else?

I'm included in the states that are eligible for the 30% discount right now and am wondering if I should book another resort instead of the Swan. It's my 50th birthday (was supposed to be in Caribbean) and I'd prefer to stay at the Swan for convenience and comfort (those beds).

I understand nobody knows the future, but statistically, do you think the Swan has a chance of closing again?

1. No one knows for sure, but I'd say it's highly unlikely that it would close again as long as the parks are open. It is possible, though, that, if they need more capacity than the Swan has, but not enough to have both the Swan and Dolphin open, they might move everyone to the Dolphin. But again, that's just speculation.

2. While the Swan was commissioned by Disney, and Disney owns the land, Disney does not actually own or manage the Swan or Dolphin, so you would not get moved to a Disney-owned resort. Marriott currently manages the Swan / Dolphin, so in the unlikely event that both the Swan and Dolphin close, you'd probably get moved to another Marriott resort.

1. No one knows for sure, but I'd say it's highly unlikely that it would close again as long as the parks are open. It is possible, though, that, if they need more capacity than the Swan has, but not enough to have both the Swan and Dolphin open, they might move everyone to the Dolphin. But again, that's just speculation.

2. While the Swan was commissioned by Disney, and Disney owns the land, Disney does not actually own or manage the Swan or Dolphin, so you would not get moved to a Disney-owned resort. Marriott currently manages the Swan / Dolphin, so in the unlikely event that both the Swan and Dolphin close, you'd probably get moved to another Marriott resort.

Thank you for your reply. I would be perfectly fine with a move to the Dolphin, but having to change to an official Disney resort along with everyone else that was staying at the Swan makes me nervous. UGH

I was going to rent DVC points, but was told that if the parks close that the points were just lost and Disney isn't backing DVC owners up. I had my heart set on a Savanna view, but when I found out the issue with points will just POOF with no refund I couldn't take that chance.

2020 sucks!

I am at the Dolphin now which I prefer over the Swan, although I've enjoyed my stays at the Swan as well. I booked the lowest rate(Nurse and AAA are the same) and was upgraded to a very nice balcony view room. It was nice to see many familiar faces staffing the hotel but many fewer of them. It's fairly quiet here right now and the weather is quite nice. I was surprised to see that the gift shop and the Disney store are completely closed but I can understand why. I was looking for something quick to eat for dinner and without Picabu, it's a bit tough. I haven't had good experiences at The Fountain. I settled on Fuel and it was fine. Most everything is pre-packaged but I had a good sandwich that was heated up on a griddle. Fuel has many breakfast items such as milk, cereal, yogurt and fresh fruit. They are not carrying the pies and cakes they used to have, but there may be those options at the Swan.

There are 2 conferences going on here right now and at least one of them is housing the attendees at the Dolphin. The groups just arrived today. I ended up speaking with one of the women who was attending the health care conference as she was maskless and leaning over all the food and utensils at Fuel. I asked the lovely person at the register if not wearing a mask was allowed in the food establishment and she said they really don't say anything as people from certain states just don't like to wear masks. My state did have a high rate of Covid and then masks became mandatory everywhere and now we are one of the lowest in the country. Where I work we do not let people enter with gaiters, bandanas or filter masks(I'm a nurse and I have a catering company) so it was a bit shocking to see a small but significant amount of people at the Dolphin who had opted out of following the rules. In case you're wondering- the concierge told me that Marriott International has a worldwide policy mandating masks in their hotels and she was going to speak to the conference organizers and refresh their memory. All of the Dolphin employees were completely compliant and food service workers were wearing masks and gloves.

I am here for the week and anticipate a very nice visit. All of the pools are open and the hotel is being kept in excellent condition. I'll close by saying that I am not wanting to open up a huge mask discussion. I only mentioned my experience because people on this thread have said that mask compliance would influence where they choose to stay.

Cheers! Threehearts

Sure anything is possible but don't expect the Swan to close unless WDW shuts down again.

Dave

Sure anything is possible but don't expect the Swan to close unless WDW shuts down again.

Dave
That's what my hubby says! I'm just a worry wart. So you think we should just keep the Swan reservations?

1. As others said it's doubtful, they will be closing the Dolphin side back down shortly, leaving the Swan up and running as it's smaller. Do close it all down would mean things were worse then they were in the Spring by a lot. I don't see that happening.

2. Keep in mind that Swan/Dolphin is not a Disney owned property, it's owned by the Marriott so no they wouldn't move you to a Disney property. This summer when the MLS was there they did move some people over to the new JW Marriott. But again I don't see them closing the Swan again.

We are arriving for our stay at the Swan on 9/21 and staying until the 26th. Packing light and were hoping to do laundry midweek. Does the Swan resort have laundry facilities since we will not be able to use the ones in the Dolphin?

I just got off of the phone with the wonderful man who was doing room reservations at the Swan. I added a day to the front end of our trip and our room rates actually went down some more! YAY!! Then I asked him if he thought the Swan would close down again and he said, "No." He explained that the Dolphin is closed some days and open others, but the Swan's demand has been steady. What a relief and a win win for me today!!

Last edited:
I have never stayed at Swan but considering it instead of Pop or CBR for a fall break trip arriving Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. My one concern about Swan is navigating the use of the lobby and waiting at elevators during a potentially busy week. Was anyone there over Labor Day weekend when it was busy who can tell me about their experiences in these shared common areas?

I have never stayed at Swan but considering it instead of Pop or CBR for a fall break trip arriving Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. My one concern about Swan is navigating the use of the lobby and waiting at elevators during a potentially busy week. Was anyone there over Labor Day weekend when it was busy who can tell me about their experiences in these shared common areas?
There was someone on this thread over Labor Day weekend. If you scroll up she actually had a picture of feet in front of stairs and that's the post about the crowds. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter