Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Booked Dolphin for one night last week on the Marriott site and it still hasn’t shown up on my credit card. Is this normal? Will it not charge until I am there?

Booked Dolphin for one night last week on the Marriott site and it still hasn’t shown up on my credit card. Is this normal? Will it not charge until I am there?
Mine is the same whenever I book at a Marriott. CC is to hold the room and they charge you upon arrival.

I have never stayed at Swan but considering it instead of Pop or CBR for a fall break trip arriving Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. My one concern about Swan is navigating the use of the lobby and waiting at elevators during a potentially busy week. Was anyone there over Labor Day weekend when it was busy who can tell me about their experiences in these shared common areas?
We didn’t have problems with crowds in the lobby or waiting for the elevators. No line at Mobile checkin upon arrival and short line for regular checkin. When we came back to the hotel around 10:45pm Saturday, the area outside Il Mulino was busy, but easy to navigate around the people waiting there. Elevators have distancing markers but lines were not long any time we used them. We found the stairs convenient and used them frequently since we were only on the 5th floor. The stairwells were clearly marked with yellow shoe stickers to guide you to them.

Labor Day weekend was “sold out” according to the room controller with whom I corresponded, so that should be as busy as it will get unless they change capacity (I was told they are filling every other room for distancing).

Couldn't risk dolphin not opening so just switched to Swan for our november trip. Sure hope disboards are right and we don't lose our park passes. It is hard to second guess what things will be like.

Heading out for the Swolphin tomorrow. We had booked the Dolphin, but got a notice that our reservation was switched to the Swan. I've stayed at Dolphin before, enjoyed it, but this is my first at Swan. Hearing the rooms are nicer, so we're pretty excited. I got a discounted room rate for being an RN... Disney rooms couldn't touch the price, even without the nightly room fee. Looking forward to it, but will keep posting!

Heading out for the Swolphin tomorrow. We had booked the Dolphin, but got a notice that our reservation was switched to the Swan. I've stayed at Dolphin before, enjoyed it, but this is my first at Swan. Hearing the rooms are nicer, so we're pretty excited. I got a discounted room rate for being an RN... Disney rooms couldn't touch the price, even without the nightly room fee. Looking forward to it, but will keep posting!
The Swan is really nice. When we stayed, we booked a room with no view but ended up having a great view of the Tower of Terror from our room. Plus, you really can't beat the location with the prices. It's so close to BWI and YC/BC, but much more affordable. I hope you enjoy it -- let us know what you think!

We didn’t have problems with crowds in the lobby or waiting for the elevators. No line at Mobile checkin upon arrival and short line for regular checkin. When we came back to the hotel around 10:45pm Saturday, the area outside Il Mulino was busy, but easy to navigate around the people waiting there. Elevators have distancing markers but lines were not long any time we used them. We found the stairs convenient and used them frequently since we were only on the 5th floor. The stairwells were clearly marked with yellow shoe stickers to guide you to them.

Labor Day weekend was “sold out” according to the room controller with whom I corresponded, so that should be as busy as it will get unless they change capacity (I was told they are filling every other room for distancing).
Thank you, this was very helpful info!

7 more days til we check into the Swan for our first ever visit!!!!
Nervous but excited to go.
Can anyone tell me how late the pool bar is open in the evenings?

Thanks!!:wave2:
Splash is open until 8 and Cabana is open until 10. I would download the Swan/Dolphin app because they keep hours and info updated there.

FYI when we were there in August, Splash closed early several days due to low sales. Things may have picked up so hopefully that won’t be an issue for you.

Splash is open until 8 and Cabana is open until 10. I would download the Swan/Dolphin app because they keep hours and info updated there.

FYI when we were there in August, Splash closed early several days due to low sales. Things may have picked up so hopefully that won’t be an issue for you.

When you were there in August, what is the check in procedure if we do online check in? Do I have to go to the front desk to get my room key and room number or is it on an app on our phone? Also, for parking do we get a card like in the past?

Thanks for your help!!

When you were there in August, what is the check in procedure if we do online check in? Do I have to go to the front desk to get my room key and room number or is it on an app on our phone? Also, for parking do we get a card like in the past?

Thanks for your help!!
So for online checkin, there is a separate line. There was no one else waiting, so it went very quickly. You give them your name and show photo ID and then they make your key cards. I’m not sure about parking as we didn’t have a car, sorry!

Can I attach magic bands to a swolphin reservation just to use for parks and stuff? I know you can’t charge back to the room ...

Can I attach magic bands to a swolphin reservation just to use for parks and stuff? I know you can’t charge back to the room ...
Your MB actually just attaches to your ticket, no need to link it to Swan/Dolphin res bc they are not Disney owned.

Yes, when staying at the Swalphin, you can still use a MB for park entrance, FP+, PhotoPass, etc. - everything but room keys and purchases.

Technically, MBs are linked to your account (not specific tickets or reservations), so once it's linked, you don't need to explicitly link the band to tickets or reservations; it will work with any tickets, etc. (current or future) linked to your account; no need to link them specifically to the MB.

For parking in the self-parking lot: your room key will be used to exit any time during your stay and remember to keep at least 1 key card to use to exit parking on your check-out day.

Dave

I am so glad you said that. I sure woulda turned them both in! :rotfl2:

Mine is the same whenever I book at a Marriott. CC is to hold the room and they charge you upon arrival.
I'm glad someone asked this and that you answered! We booked the Swan for June over a week ago and nothing's been charged. I was starting to wonder if there was an error or the reservation didn't go through. They said they'd charge what I think is basically the equivalent to one night.

What do you get charged when booking? I'm getting one night deposit to other odd amounts when I price out different dates.

I'm glad someone asked this and that you answered! We booked the Swan for June over a week ago and nothing's been charged. I was starting to wonder if there was an error or the reservation didn't go through. They said they'd charge what I think is basically the equivalent to one night.
You can always check / lookup your reservation on the Marriott site:

https://www.marriott.com/default.mi
Just Click the "My Trips" on the top right of the page and a web form will pop up for you to enter details to lookup your reservation(s) without even having to Sign in.

Dave

What do you get charged when booking? I'm getting one night deposit to other odd amounts when I price out different dates.
Yea that is one odd web site after the last merger in 2019. The pricing is dynamic based on occupancy levels and it may also indicate a $50 per child fee.

Dave

Does anyone know of garden GROVE*** is open? App says yes and book they open table, and open table says it’s closed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter