Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

How early do the park buses start doing pickups at S/D? Trying to compare any possible advantage vs driving to MK or AK for rope drop...

In August it was 45 minutes prior to park opening with an 8am AK opening. In mid-September it was 75 minutes prior to park opening with both parks opening at 9a. The MK and AK buses arrived within 1 minute of each other. For AK in Sept we were one of the 1st 10 groups in line for FOP. With the larger crowds I would expect to see the 75 minutes prior continue, but with different opening times we could see varying bus arrivals on different days of the week.

Edit to add: in all cases the buses beat the driving folks in if you were on that first bus of the day.

Looking at the dolphin fit December 8-10 (midweek). I would not mind one bit if we were moved to the Swan (Dolphin is cheaper those dates lol) but I would not want to be moved to another off site hotel. Would they let us know before the 5 day cancellation period)

also is there a benefit to booking on bonvoy app vs S/D app? I have both and am a member. Thanks!

How early do the park buses start doing pickups at S/D? Trying to compare any possible advantage vs driving to MK or AK for rope drop...
One advantage of the buses to MK is that, since they're Disney-run buses, they drop you off directly at the main gate vs. driving where you have to take a monorail or ferry boat from across the lagoon to get to the main gate.

One advantage of the buses to MK is that, since they're Disney-run buses, they drop you off directly at the main gate vs. driving where you have to take a monorail or ferry boat from across the lagoon to get to the main gate.

I never realized this until we ubered to MK If I had known we would have waited for the bus - same time difference!!! (We were coming from BWI tho)

Has anyone else had trouble linking their reservation to My Disney Experience? I booked through Disney and called today and they got it connected, but my tickets don't show up in my Tickets section. Instead I see FP Planning Cards... :/

We went early this month and while we walked to HS and EP most days at Swan, the first MK bus arrived at 7am for a 9am open, which we missed by 1 min., and the same driver came back at 7:40 (just 1 bus). By that time, we saw at least 5 AK buses for the 8am opening just before Labor Day. I've heard that MK buses were closer to arriving an hr before park opening starting the Tue. after Labor. We had a easier time grabbing an AK bus on our split stay at Pop too. We had good luck getting the 1st bus nearly every day, and not much bus related issues returning at night. Can't beat the Boardwalk area location; so convenient for walking to HS and EP.

In August it was 45 minutes prior to park opening with an 8am AK opening. In mid-September it was 75 minutes prior to park opening with both parks opening at 9a. The MK and AK buses arrived within 1 minute of each other. For AK in Sept we were one of the 1st 10 groups in line for FOP. With the larger crowds I would expect to see the 75 minutes prior continue, but with different opening times we could see varying bus arrivals on different days of the week.

Edit to add: in all cases the buses beat the driving folks in if you were on that first bus of the day.

Perfect, thank you!

GREAT point, thank you!

sorry! My bad! Here is my question again!!

Looking at the dolphin fit December 8-10 (midweek). I would not mind one bit if we were moved to the Swan (Dolphin is cheaper those dates lol) but I would not want to be moved to another off site hotel. Would they let us know before the 5 day cancellation period)

also is there a benefit to booking on bonvoy app vs S/D app? I have both and am a member. Thanks!

Has anyone else had trouble linking their reservation to My Disney Experience? I booked through Disney and called today and they got it connected, but my tickets don't show up in my Tickets section. Instead I see FP Planning Cards... :/
Had the same issue with my May 2021 Swan package booked through Disney. Hotel linked, but no tickets showed up. In my case, I didn't even have the FP Planning Cards. I called Disney, and the CM assured me that I had tickets, but they wouldn't show up in MDE (for whatever reason). She added the FP planning cards to my account, and that allowed me to make Park Pass reservations. Hoping that the CM is correct, and I do actually have tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter