Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Yes there was a significant change a while back, You can see the info on the Business Center page
Delivery of Packages For Our Guests
Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind.

Bottom of that same page you can click to open the PDF Package Shipping & Handling Information while most of it deals with shipping it also has the key bit of info (and change).

GROCERY DELIVERIES (Amazon, Instacart, Shipt, etc.):
Guests are encouraged to schedule grocery deliveries when they will be available to receive items from the delivery driver. When guests are not present to receive deliveries from the delivery driver, grocery items will be held at Bell Services until picked up or delivery is requested by the guest. Refrigeration iqs not provided. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or unusable perishable items.

When booking Swan Dolphin keep in mind "that you get what you pay for" - the view rooms, balconies, etc are options when booking, asking for a free upgrade doesn't generally work - but never hurts to try. But if you book a no-view room assume that's what you'll get. From my experience and reading others when you ask upon check-in they usually give you an option to upgrade.. but with a fee.

Email does not appear to be working well, your best bet is to download the Swan Dolphin Mobile App click on I'm on property then use the "Text Us!" option - as the text number may change I don't directly link to it.
Great thank you that makes grocery delivery much easier!

We paid for resort view with balcony, and are hoping for a Boardwalk view side. We did send the text so fingers crossed!

Yes there was a significant change a while back, You can see the info on the Business Center page
Delivery of Packages For Our Guests
Please note the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin accepts packages for our guests, however we are unable to accommodate any deliveries that require refrigeration of any kind.

Bottom of that same page you can click to open the PDF Package Shipping & Handling Information while most of it deals with shipping it also has the key bit of info (and change).

GROCERY DELIVERIES (Amazon, Instacart, Shipt, etc.):
Guests are encouraged to schedule grocery deliveries when they will be available to receive items from the delivery driver. When guests are not present to receive deliveries from the delivery driver, grocery items will be held at Bell Services until picked up or delivery is requested by the guest. Refrigeration iqs not provided. The Resort is not responsible for damaged or unusable perishable items.

When booking Swan Dolphin keep in mind "that you get what you pay for" - the view rooms, balconies, etc are options when booking, asking for a free upgrade doesn't generally work - but never hurts to try. But if you book a no-view room assume that's what you'll get. From my experience and reading others when you ask upon check-in they usually give you an option to upgrade.. but with a fee.

Email does not appear to be working well, your best bet is to download the Swan Dolphin Mobile App click on I'm on property then use the "Text Us!" option - as the text number may change I don't directly link to it.
I'm not OP, but I'm wondering more about experiences in room requests as far as good location, any room ppl. liked for any particular reason etc. Not asking to be moved to a room category that I didn't book. It's just REALLY hard to have an idea as to what to request considering there is very little information as to room maps/locations. I'm used to the Disney hotels which you can easily find a detailed room map showing what category each room is, what room connects with which etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated. We personally have 2 king rooms with balconies and 2 doubles with balconies booked. TIA!

@brockash since you booked balconies I am pretty sure you will have a view - in your case I'd suggest asking for a Theme park view and indicate DHS or Epcot if that's what you are looking for. But I'm asuming you all want to be close? If so that is probably the biggest thing to request - if you don't care that's even better. The big thing, as you already know, is asking for location vs free upgrade. I do wish there was a better map, but with the funky layout of Dolphin that would be pretty hard. If you scan through this thread you may find some rooms that you like and hopefully the posters share where they were and even a room number. I've thought about setting up a site just for actual pictures the views from each room ;)

I'm not OP, but I'm wondering more about experiences in room requests as far as good location, any room ppl. liked for any particular reason etc. Not asking to be moved to a room category that I didn't book. It's just REALLY hard to have an idea as to what to request considering there is very little information as to room maps/locations. I'm used to the Disney hotels which you can easily find a detailed room map showing what category each room is, what room connects with which etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated. We personally have 2 king rooms with balconies and 2 doubles with balconies booked. TIA!
I personally scoured reviews all over the internet and social media to try to find the best room for my upcoming stay. It was tedious and so time consuming. I wish TP would add the SwanDolphin resorts to their room finder tool. They don’t even have to send the request, just list the email address for people to do it for themselves. If anyone else wants to take on that task, I would fully support it! 🙃 I’d happily contribute during my upcoming stay as well!

Is check in day of for swolfin?
From what I’ve read, you can checkin through the Bonvoy app 3 or 5 days before arrival. But many people reported still needing to go to the checkin counter to pickup keys (and tickets for packages) so online checkin was moot.

From what I’ve read, you can checkin through the Bonvoy app 3 or 5 days before arrival. But many people reported still needing to go to the checkin counter to pickup keys (and tickets for packages) so online checkin was moot.
I checked in early on the app but still had to go to the front desk to activate my mobile key. Luckily it wasn’t busy at 3:30 Friday afternoon we checked in.

I know S/D/SR can’t charge to magic bands in the parks, but can you charge food/ gift shop purchases at the hotel to your room? If so, is it limited to the specific hotel you are staying in or are the 3 resorts linked for charging to your room? ie: if we’re staying at the Swan Reserve & use the Dolphin pool can we charge food at the Dolphin pool bar to our room?

I know S/D/SR can’t charge to magic bands in the parks, but can you charge food/ gift shop purchases at the hotel to your room? If so, is it limited to the specific hotel you are staying in or are the 3 resorts linked for charging to your room? ie: if we’re staying at the Swan Reserve & use the Dolphin pool can we charge food at the Dolphin pool bar to our room?
You can charge to your room, just not with a magic band. You give them your room number, and I don't remember if they look at your room key or not. I'm not sure if you can charge to the sister hotels, or not. Someone will know and answer that for you.

I know at Dolphin and Swan you can charge back to that hotel you are in but I don't know about a dolphin charge going to your room at SR or any other resort for that matter. I think it would be hard for this to span all 3 resorts since they're all marriott bonvoy but not all the same hotel chain so they may have different systems. I would call and inquire about that one. But we've stayed at Swan and Dolphin and have dined on their properties recently and charged those meals to our room.

The layout of the Swan and Dolphin are funky for sure and typically we love a room near the elevator to avoid long walks to the ends of the halls. Some of the halls at the Dolphin feel like they go on forever. That could be a good request, or higher floor. Really just depends what your preference is.

The layout of the Swan and Dolphin are funky for sure and typically we love a room near the elevator to avoid long walks to the ends of the halls. Some of the halls at the Dolphin feel like they go on forever. That could be a good request, or higher floor. Really just depends what your preference is.
Thx...yes not having to walk forever to get out or in our room would be great.

They do go on forever...

I know at Dolphin and Swan you can charge back to that hotel you are in but I don't know about a dolphin charge going to your room at SR or any other resort for that matter. I think it would be hard for this to span all 3 resorts since they're all marriott bonvoy but not all the same hotel chain so they may have different systems. I would call and inquire about that one. But we've stayed at Swan and Dolphin and have dined on their properties recently and charged those meals to our room.
We stayed at the SR in January and April, and we charged Dolphin restaurants to our SR room. All 3 resorts are tied together.

I have what probably will sound like a pretty rookie question but in all my times going to Disney this situation has never really come up.

How does one get a taxi pick up from the Swan at like 4AM?

Normally I know that there are parking attendants out there and they call the cab over for you but I have also left Swan at 4am before (with a rental car) and it is basically a ghost town with no one to be found even at the front desk.

With all the talk of airport issues I just got to thinking that we may need to leave around then to get to airport for our flight which is around 8am to be sure we get through baggage check and Security in time to make the flight.

Thanks.

I have what probably will sound like a pretty rookie question but in all my times going to Disney this situation has never really come up.

Normally I know that there are parking attendants out there and they call the cab over for you but I have also left Swan at 4am before (with a rental car) and it is basically a ghost town with no one to be found even at the front desk.

With all the talk of airport issues I just got to thinking that we may need to leave around then to get to airport for our flight which is around 8am to be sure we get through baggage check and Security in time to make the flight.

Thanks.
Mears Taxi is a popular service and I think all the yellow cabs in orlando are mears 407-422-2222 or (407) 699-9999

Thanks.
I don’t imagine the airport is very busy at 4:30-5AM. Even the Atlanta airport is pretty dead until 6AM or later. However, at MCO you can schedule an appointment to go through security for your entire party. I’ve read several reports of it being an efficient way to get through security quickly. You can do that here. I wish ATL offered the service but instead I had to settle [and pay] for TSA PreCheck.

at MCO you can schedule an appointment to go through security for your entire party. I’ve read several reports of it being an efficient way to get through security quickly.
This sounds like a great service and I agree it would be nice at more airports. Unfortunately for me however it appears it is limited to certain destination airports and carriers and my carrier and destination are not included.

I do also agree that I have never really seen an airport super busy at 4 or 5am. I actually recall one time several years ago we were on a really early flight and got to the airport at like 4am. We actually couldn’t check the bag at the counter until 5am when they opened it. So we sat around pretty much alone till 5am waiting.

Hi all,

Does anyone know which category rooms have the walk in shower only, not the tub/shower combo? (not handicapped accessible rooms, regular rooms with the walk in shower)

I was looking at the traditional and deluxe 2 queen rooms. Thanks, Marina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter