Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thoughts?...We originally booked 3 rooms at Dolphin as it was cheaper. Swan is now a tiny bit cheaper (overall about $50/room total). Would you switch?

We have 2 King balcony rooms and 1 double/queen balcony. The double/queen only has 2 ppl. sleeping in it total, so the smaller beds are not really an issue. The 2 sinks and shower wand (young girls- easier to shower with) we would prefer, which is at Swan. However, not sure if it's worth not having as many/many at all? quick service food options with potentially shorter hrs???

It does seem walking to the parks from Swan would be a bit shorter as we would already be on the "right" side of the bridge. It also seems a lot easier to navigate Swan.

Honestly, our most important concern is we would really like to have 1 of the Kings and the double/queen connecting, so not sure if there is a higher likelihood at 1 of the resorts.

Also, during my dates Dolphin is sold out. - It seems to be some kind of conference, as for many many days there was plenty of availability and then overnight one day there was 0. (Going 2nd week of Aug.)

We've never stayed at either, so just trying to get personal opinions of preferences and thoughts on our specific situation/wants etc.

Tia for any insight!

That sounds like a great deal to me! We loved the convenience of walking to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Also, there's so many great dining options. We paid with giftcards and didn't miss the ability to charge to our magicbands at all.
I have stayed in the Epcot area many times and absolutely love it! Thanks for the experience of using the gift cards - time to get a few extra for this upcoming trip. It is too good a rate to pass up - even with the $40 per day resort fee - still only $100 dollars more than Pop Century--, especially since the other Disney conveniences are no longer part of a Disney resort stay -- Magical Express and Dining plan.

I have stayed in the Epcot area many times and absolutely love it! Thanks for the experience of using the gift cards - time to get a few extra for this upcoming trip. It is too good a rate to pass up - even with the $40 per day resort fee - still only $100 dollars more than Pop Century--, especially since the other Disney conveniences are no longer part of a Disney resort stay -- Magical Express and Dining plan.
Have a fantastic trip!

Can anyone comment on the showers at the Swan, specifically water pressure? I have previously stayed at the Reserve and the shower/bathroom was fantastic, but the difference in cost for an upcoming trip is $635, not sure if it is worth it for the newer hotel.

Can anyone comment on the showers at the Swan, specifically water pressure? I have previously stayed at the Reserve and the shower/bathroom was fantastic, but the difference in cost for an upcoming trip is $635, not sure if it is worth it for the newer hotel.
I've never had a problem with the showers at the Swan. Now, I have not been back for 5 years now, but can't imagine they are any different.

When we’ve stayed the pressure was always good. Not a fire hose but normal range. The best is that they also have the removable hand wand, so that helps.

I have a one night stay booked via Priceline. My daughter is joining me later in the trip, but will not be staying with me at the Dolphin. For some reason, she was added to the reservation even though she will not be a guest that night.

Now, my sister is thinking about joining me for that night. Is it possible to change the name on the reservation from my daughter to my sister? I booked the non refundable Express Deal if that makes a difference.

I have a one night stay booked via Priceline. My daughter is joining me later in the trip, but will not be staying with me at the Dolphin. For some reason, she was added to the reservation even though she will not be a guest that night.

Now, my sister is thinking about joining me for that night. Is it possible to change the name on the reservation from my daughter to my sister? I booked the non refundable Express Deal if that makes a difference.
Are you seeing your Daughter's name on your Marriott reservation or just in Disney's reservation system - MDE?

Also it would help to know where you are switching after your 1 night at the Dolphin so we can recommend alternative ways to add your Daughter later after your Dolphin stay and maybe remove your Sister.

If you see your Daughter in MDE you can manage names with in MDE. If you are seeing your Daughters name in both systems you may have entered it in your Priceline profile or it could be from your Marriott profile.

Marriott does not care about secondary names and neither does Priceline. Just need your name and number of guests with in most Express Deals is always 2 adults.

Dave

Are you seeing your Daughter's name on your Marriott reservation or just in Disney's reservation system - MDE?

Also it would help to know where you are switching after your 1 night at the Dolphin so we can recommend alternative ways to add your Daughter later after your Dolphin stay and maybe remove your Sister.

If you see your Daughter in MDE you can manage names with in MDE. If you are seeing your Daughters name in both systems you may have entered it in your Priceline profile or it could be from your Marriott profile.

Marriott does not care about secondary names and neither does Priceline. Just need your name and number of guests with in most Express Deals is always 2 adults.

Dave
Thanks so much for the information! I went back and checked the Priceline confirmation, and it just lists my name with "2 adults" listed under it. So, it must just list my daughter in MDE since I made the YC reservation first. Even though DD wasn't going to come until the second day at YC, I just put her name on the entire YC reservation. It is a room only. Depending on my sisters plans, I was thinking that I could add her for one or two nights and just pay the $35 fee for the 3rd adult.

Present plan:
Day 1 - Dolphin solo
Day 2 - YC solo
Day 3- 6 YC with daughter

My sister may join me on day 1 and day 2 with the possibility of also joining us on Day 3.

My plans are clear as mud, right!?!? :) My sister came up with this idea yesterday and my trip is less than two weeks away.

My plans are clear as mud, right!?!? :) My sister came up with this idea yesterday and my trip is less than two weeks away.
Pretty normal these days. Everybody hears @disneyfan150 is heading to WDW so maybe I can squeeze in a few days.

It is pretty flexible these days without dining plans and a room-only reservation. Just need the right names for MDE and resort if any resort specific benefits are needed like extended hours or SAB pool access.

Pretty normal these days. Everybody hears @disneyfan150 is heading to WDW so maybe I can squeeze in a few days.

It is pretty flexible these days without dining plans and a room-only reservation. Just need the right names for MDE and resort if any resort specific benefits are needed like extended hours or SAB pool access.
Thanks again! DD and I have park hoppers and G+ (bought before the "day off purchase only" requirement). We have a couple ADRs and extended hours on Monday. Sis hasn't been to WDW in a while and has forgotten that it can be complicated. I don't even think sis visited during the FP+ era. It is not easy just to drop into WDW. Sorry for the ramble!! I appreciate your help.

So I just wanted to share about my experience with group reservations thus far, as I’m a bit confused. I had asked for price quotes for multiple weekends for 20 rooms and said I didn’t care whether it was Swan, Dolphin, or Reserve. I just received my email from the group reservation customer service rep, and several of the nights listed are at higher rates than what is listed on the Bonvoy site. In one weekend, we were given a quote of $259 plus tax and resort fees, but on the Bonvoy site the same rooms go for $220. I was under the impression that a group rate meant a discount and not an up charge. Was I ignorant to think that? I have held off from responding because I was confused.

In one weekend, we were given a quote of $259 plus tax and resort fees, but on the Bonvoy site the same rooms go for $220.
Are the terms the same for both examples?

For example do you have to pre-pay full balance for those lower rates and are they refundable?

Dave

Are the terms the same for both examples?

For example do you have to pre-pay full balance for those lower rates and are they refundable?

Dave
Standard rate for the cheaper price, and I can also choose the room/bed type. Apparently I cannot with the group rate.

Does anyone know the amount for the incidentals hold fee at the Swan Reserve and the Dolphin/Swan hotel?
Thanks!

Has anyone recently tried to have luggage moved from the dolphin to another disney resort for a split stay? We are staying at BCV but ended up throwing another night on the front at dolphin. So after our 1 night at the dolphin we were hoping they would move our luggage for us. I know its really not that long of a walk to do it ourselves but with 2 little kids it would be easier if they could do it for us.

Does the Swan have daily housekeeping now?

Does anyone know the amount for the incidentals hold fee at the Swan Reserve and the Dolphin/Swan hotel?
Thanks!
You might get the SwanDolphin Mobile App, click on "I'm on Property" then "Text Us!" - Hopefully the right back to you with the info. I think daily HK is back, but I can't recall if it was only for higher level Bonvoy or all. I can't say I recall how much they held on incidentals and would have been too long ago to quote. Hope you both get the answers you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter