• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I had the breakfast buffet this morning at Rosa Mexicano’s At the Dolphin. I have to say I highly recommend. The food was top notch quality, as was the service. A buffet where they take your omelet order at the table, as well as your bread (toast, English muffin, bagel). Mickey waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes served by someone instead of by yourself. And the continental buffet side with pastries, plated fruit, guacamole toast (avocado‘s Mexican cousin), hard boiled eggs, yogurt and oats. It’s $30 for adults, but I think it was worth it.

Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated! I contacted the hotel via email and gave them my 2 conf #'s and this was their response!! I am bummed I will not be able to make my dining all at once but the other benefits of staying at the Swan definitely outweigh that!
I just did a back to back stay at Swan last week, half on points and half cash. Never thought to contact the hotel ahead of time! When I checked in, I explained that I had 2 reservations and why (they were even 2 different room types) and the very nice FDA was able to link the reservations and I was able to stay in the same room.
I did a chat on the app on my first check out day and they did check me out and check me back in. Very seamless.

Thanks for all your replies! Much appreciated! I contacted the hotel via email and gave them my 2 conf #'s and this was their response!! I am bummed I will not be able to make my dining all at once but the other benefits of staying at the Swan definitely outweigh that!

@gottalovepluto I didn't realize their is a shuttle from the car care center!! Do I need to schedule that in advance? Thanks

Good Afternoon Ms. Simon,

I have linked your reservations together and put notes that you have back to back reservations with us to ensure that you will be in the same room during the full length of stay with us.

Please let us know if you have any further requests!

Reservations Team
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
1255 Epcot Resorts Boulevard | Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
P: 407.934.4360

I just did a back to back stay at Swan last week, half on points and half cash. Never thought to contact the hotel ahead of time! When I checked in, I explained that I had 2 reservations and why (they were even 2 different room types) and the very nice FDA was able to link the reservations and I was able to stay in the same room.
I did a chat on the app on my first check out day and they did check me out and check me back in. Very seamless.
I was told you need to stop by the front desk and get a new room key on your check out check back day, Swan

Heading down to the Swan for Memorial Day weekend and doing a split stay with Boulder Ridge. Does the Swan still offer luggage transfer to the Disney resorts?

Me, wife and kids are staying for a week in Boardwalk. My mother is going to come down mid week and is going to stay at Swan. Is there any downside to this as far as reservations? Transportation? Early hours? Late hours? Anything else I may not be thinking of?

Me, wife and kids are staying for a week in Boardwalk. My mother is going to come down mid week and is going to stay at Swan. Is there any downside to this as far as reservations? Transportation? Early hours? Late hours? Anything else I may not be thinking of?
Early and late hours are the same as Boardwalk. Transportation from the Swan is no longer on a Disney bus, and that matters for the Magic Kingdom. She would be dropped off at the Ticket and Trans. Center. It would be easy for her to walk over to Boardwalk and take the bus with you.

Edited to add that she won't be able to use a magic band to charge anything to her room, but she can use it to enter the parks. If she doesn't have a magic band, she can use her Swan room key for early entry or late hours. Also, if she doesn't have a magic band, she will need to have an actual ticket from Disney to enter the parks, and scan in for any LLs or Ills.

Last edited:
I’m sure these questions have been asked a million times on here but I can’t sort through all the posts

1. Do you get the 60+10 dining reservation perk the same as you would if you booked any other onsite Disney property

2. Curious about the cabana rentals, do people seem to think they’re worth it? Is it hard otherwise to get poolside chairs/lounges

3. What is the walking distance between the swan/dolphin? Is it really a fluid distance for easy access to restaurants in both?

4. If you booked directly through Disney did you still have to pay daily resort fees?

Thanks

I’m sure these questions have been asked a million times on here but I can’t sort through all the posts

1. Do you get the 60+10 dining reservation perk the same as you would if you booked any other onsite Disney property

2. Curious about the cabana rentals, do people seem to think they’re worth it? Is it hard otherwise to get poolside chairs/lounges

3. What is the walking distance between the swan/dolphin? Is it really a fluid distance for easy access to restaurants in both?

4. If you booked directly through Disney did you still have to pay daily resort fees?

Thanks
1. Yes

2. sorry, never have used

3. The walk from swan to dolphin maybe 100 yards give or take but it's less than a minute from door to door across the walkway to get to/from each resort. Yes, extremely easy access to both resorts dining and amenities. And what's nice is the sidewalk has portions that are completely covered.

4. Yes, there's no circumventing the resort fees :( They just include the resort fee in your final total to pay to WDW.

4. If uu5eqou booked directly through Disney did you still have to pay daily resort fees?

Thanks
1. Yes, as long as you link your reservation.
2. The walk is short. The walk from your room to the hotel entrance is the wild card

3. I don't know. COSTCO specifically says resort fee included. Id assume it's not included unless otherwise stated

1. Yes, as long as you link your reservation.
2. The walk is short. The walk from your room to the hotel entrance is the wild card

3. I don't know. COSTCO specifically says resort fee included. Id assume it's not included unless otherwise stated

Speaking of the walk from the hotel room being a wild card…..do you have any knowledge of where the ‘firework view, guest room, 2 doubles, resort view, balcony’ would be? What kind of walk that might be?

How many rooms can be booked at the AP rate? My husband and I both have APs, but booking two rooms so my son and his friend have their own, but they don't have APs. Will this be a problem if we all check in together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter