• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WARNING - Possible Pedophile at House of Blues Restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einstein509

Mouseketeer
After dinner last night at Disney Springs, we decided to sit outside at House of Blues because there was a band playing there and to have a drink. During a break in the band’s set, our young daughter wanted to do some cartwheels in the area in front of the stage. A middle aged man sat on the edge of the stage eating a turkey leg and began taking obvious pictures of our daughter. This prompted my wife and I to become very concerned. The group of British people sitting next to us also noticed the odd behavior and gave us a look as to what was going on.

Later on, the man continued to take pictures of young kids and even babies as they passed by. We quickly settled our bill and I approached the man to inquire why he was taking pictures of my daughter. He very quickly replied that he would delete them and called me “sir” during the entire encounter. I watched him delete the pictures (around 20 in total) and I told him that I took a picture of him and would report him, which I did to the restaurant staff upon leaving.

This encounter soured our evening and we became very concerned about being in this area with our young daughter. Just wanted to share here so folks are aware that despite all the security, there are people that might be deemed “dangerous.” Be wary of your kids at all times!

Has anyone else had these types of experiences at Disney?

This must be immediately reported to a CM when things like this happen. They will take this very seriously. It may be too late now -- unless you have a photo of the person. Chances are they might frequent the area so Disney could be on the lookout. I would still report it with a description if nothing else so CMs in that area (or Disney Springs generally) would be aware.

There are weirdos everywhere. I'm local and have seen a few in the parks, too. You have to report it immediately. I'm not placing blame, but just for the next time, or anyone reading this, security can't do much, if anything, if you tell them after the fact.

We were in Disney Springs last year and noticed a man following a bunch of teenage girls. We followed for over a 1/2 hour and confirmed they didn't know him and he was definitely following them. My DH kept and I one him and I went and got security. They actually were following him as well and at that point approached him and took care of the situation. We left not interested in losing any more time of the night.

UPDATE: I spoke to some security CMs at our resort the following day after you folks said to report this and they recommended we contact the front desk and report the incident, which we did. The front desk CM (over the phone) took down basic information and said a manager would be calling us right back.

It took about 30 minutes, but the manager along with security personnel showed up to our room. They took down the information about the incident and we sent them pictures we had of the individual in question. Basic information included the circumstances of the incident as well as our contact information.

They said they would open an investigation and look into the incident. I’m sure they will review DS video footage and see what other things this individual did. Since they have our contact info, we will be sure to provide any additional information if asked. They thanked us for reporting this incident and were appreciative that we were willing to do that. They stressed that if you see something, to say something.

So lesson learned, here, thanks to those in the forum that encouraged us to report this incident beyond the initial report to the wait staff at House of Blues. Disney appears to take this stuff seriously and are taking the appropriate actions. What they will actually do is beyond our visibility, but I hope they do follow up with an investigation so this doesn’t happen to others.

Just remember that the "front desk CM" on the phone is actually someone at an off-site call center. If you want to speak with the front desk, you need to take the time to walk to the desk. Hopefully the info will get from off-site to on-site.

But I also agree that contacting security AT THE TIME is the absolute best thing you can do.

You're only spotting the fairly obvious ones. Maybe you miss this story about the Disney World worker took hundreds of 'upskirt' videos of unsuspecting women for years. Always, ALWAYS keep and eye on your kids even at Disney and trust your gut.
As a retired mental health professional that has had to study and read about this stuff, this is why we females (esp. kids) should always wear shorts or skorts, or other means of coverage under dresses and skirts. Now mirrors and lenses are so small that in a crowd you can't tell who is doing what, and it happens a lot more than people think.

As a retired mental health professional that has had to study and read about this stuff, this is why we females (esp. kids) should always wear shorts or skorts, or other means of coverage under dresses and skirts. Now mirrors and lenses are so small that in a crowd you can't tell who is doing what, and it happens a lot more than people think.
I am 50 and I don't wear skirts or dresses. My parents sent us to a Catholic school and we HAD to wear the jumpers back then. Girls were not allowed to wear any pants. Even as young as 4th grade, the boys were trying to look up our skirts. I have clear memories of the boys under the stairs as we were lined up and they were looking up our skirts and laughing. Nothing is ever done about this, it is just "boys will be boys" but it has lasting affects. People do a crap job of raising their sons. This behavior is never addressed and they grow up doing the same thing.

Man missed an opportunity to just have him trespassed and banned from property on the spot.

This makes me so sick and heightens my anxiety to a 10.
I’m glad OP was able to report the situation.
And I’m sorry to add this to convo because it’s not reassuring but it might help others to be aware.
Deleting pics from your photos app doesn’t actually delete them. On iOS your photos go to trash and can be easily resorted, and then there’s cloud.

This makes me so sick and heightens my anxiety to a 10.
I’m glad OP was able to report the situation.
And I’m sorry to add this to convo because it’s not reassuring but it might help others to be aware.
Deleting pics from your photos app doesn’t actually delete them. On iOS your photos go to trash and can be easily resorted, and then there’s cloud.
Our older DD told me about the photos not really being deleted after the fact, so that was a bummer.

I'm just hoping Disney actually did an investigation and tracked this individual. Also hoping he was stupid enough to do it again and Disney caught him.

Who knows, but we certainly are more vigilant now and know how to deal with this situation in a better manner. I guess it's hard when you never think it will happen to you and then it does. Hindsight is always 20/20, but we did the best we could at the time.

Good job being aware of your surroundings. This becomes even more important when you have kids.

Our older DD told me about the photos not really being deleted after the fact, so that was a bummer.

I'm just hoping Disney actually did an investigation and tracked this individual. Also hoping he was stupid enough to do it again and Disney caught him.

Who knows, but we certainly are more vigilant now and know how to deal with this situation in a better manner. I guess it's hard when you never think it will happen to you and then it does. Hindsight is always 20/20, but we did the best we could at the time.
You did all the right things in that situation so don’t beat yourself up about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter