WDW Canadian Resident Ticket Expiry *RESOLVED* - Offer extended to May 20/17.

SO tempted to speculate and buy this deal. I am going down on a free dining package in August so I can easily redeem my vouchers for tickets while in Disney. BUT - I usually prefer free dining possible and still have a bunch of days left on nonexpiring tickets I bought several years ago (turned out to be a great "investment"!) which I use for 1-2 day visits. So these tickets will probably not be used for quite some years and I have no trip in mind.

Still tempting...

We've been going annually for 8 years now so its rather safe to say that we will keep going. But my kids are 14 and 15 now so possible we wouldn't use these tickets until they are in their 20s. And who knows if we would be looking at 5 day or 10 day tickets. SO many unknowns! I just wish I had bought another set of nonexpiring tickets back in the day when it was possible. But one set was already a huge investment.

Ugh - did you see the news?!? Price increases tomorrow!!!!
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...ld-ticket-prices-increase-20170210-story.html

OK - so I did a screen capture of both the "chat" with the cast member who said that they don't expire, as well as the page saying they don't expire, and I bought 10 day tickets. The announcement today indicated that ALL tickets (not just one day tickets) will now have expiry dates, so I didn't want to take any chances.

Last edited:
I imagine then that the expiry date on the discounted Canadian tickets is valid and was perhaps just ahead of the announcement? For me it is ok since I'm going in August, but I would be quite upset if I had bought them for further out. Very glad I ordered yesterday! just in time...

Expiry date is still there - on the website, and on my confirmation email.

I rushed my purchase through today for my July trip because I didn't want to pay whatever the increase ended up being. With this exchange rate, every $5 saved matters.

This just seems so crazy, like what if you already bought them, intending to use them in 2018? I really don't think they can just change an expiration date in the middle of a promotion, as well, it is slightly ridiculous to raise costs, again, in the middle of a promotion, so is the current 25% going to be off the new price? Or will the cost suddenly go up, bought still be 25% off the new cost? Why didn't they just wait until the end of the month when the promotion ended? Then their wouldn't be all this confusion.

This just seems so crazy, like what if you already bought them, intending to use them in 2018? I really don't think they can just change an expiration date in the middle of a promotion, as well, it is slightly ridiculous to raise costs, again, in the middle of a promotion, so is the current 25% going to be off the new price? Or will the cost suddenly go up, bought still be 25% off the new cost? Why didn't they just wait until the end of the month when the promotion ended? Then their wouldn't be all this confusion.

This happened to me last year as well. Wanted to book the free 1-QS meal deal for a week at Music, got quoted by a travel agent, and then ticket prices were raised in the middle of the promo. They wouldn't honour the package price they quoted me, so I just booked directly through Disney instead.

Just off phone with Disney. Canadian 25% off tickets will have an expiry date of December 31, 2017 starting TOMORROW. If you buy your tickets today, they will not expire. The note on the web page is up too early.

Just off phone with Disney. Canadian 25% off tickets will have an expiry date of December 31, 2017 starting TOMORROW. If you buy your tickets today, they will not expire. The note on the web page is up too early.

Thanks! Did the CM give you anything written?

Thanks! Did the CM give you anything written?
No. She was a supervisor and said that the tickets will have a purchase date associated with them. The new expiry date rule is not in effect until tomorrow. If ever there was a problem they can check purchase date. The ticket will be subject to the rules in effect on the purchase date. I did take screen shots with today's rules and will save them just in case.

Just hope WDW can coordinate their policies and changes better! It would be more logical to have the price increase after the Canadian promo is over. Probably they want to raise prices as ROL is going to officially open on the 17th. This can be frustrating to many. I just bought the tickets today for my August trip. I would be extremely pissed if I am buying the tickets for future trips beyond 2017.

Ugh - did you see the news?!? Price increases tomorrow!!!!
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...ld-ticket-prices-increase-20170210-story.html

OK - so I did a screen capture of both the "chat" with the cast member who said that they don't expire, as well as the page saying they don't expire, and I bought 10 day tickets. The announcement today indicated that ALL tickets (not just one day tickets) will now have expiry dates, so I didn't want to take any chances.

What did the terms in your email confirmation from today say?

Do tickets have to be bought online? Can you just phone them and buy tickets thus avoiding having the wrong fine print added?

What did the terms in your email confirmation from today say?

Interestingly, the email has the following note in the body of the email:

Important Details

Prices for Canada Residents

Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use. Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use. The first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2017.

However, the TERMS AND CONDITIONS (which is the legal agreement that you must accept prior to purchase) does not mention expiry dates.

All indications are that they will not expire - but I figured that, no matter what - Disney will take the ticket price at face value off a future purchase, if indeed they expire Dec 2017. So... I bought them!

We may not go back until Star Wars opens in 2019 - but what a treat it will be to already have the tickets :)

OK - so now if you look at the rules on the multi-day (not the Canadian Resident deal), it says the following:

Multi-day tickets are valid for one theme park per day for each day of the ticket. The first use must be on or before December 31, 2017.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter