WDW Canadian Resident Ticket Expiry *RESOLVED* - Offer extended to May 20/17.

The offer has been officially extended to May 20, 2017!
@mab2012 could you edit the title of this thread, there should be lots of people interested in this information :D

So when I go to check out, it still says First use must be before December 31st, 2018. Is this something that is staying or are they saying they are truly non-expiring?

So when I go to check out, it still says First use must be before December 31st, 2018. Is this something that is staying or are they saying they are truly non-expiring?

Did you want to do a screen grab?
There's no mention of an expiry on my computer when I go to checkout, or anywhere else.

Here's first-hand information from someone who purchased the tickets on the weekend
Purchased Canadian tickets last night and shows valid til 2030.

He also included a screen shot of his confirmation
http://www.disboards.com/attachments/screenshot_20170212-223748-png.219961/

It has been cleared off the page I was referring to within the checkout screens. A generic message is seen at the bottom of this page of Theme Park Tickets. It's the same message for all options to click, including the Canadian tickets, so I am assuming it's a general rule, with the Canadian offer being the exception.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/?rate=canada

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, and first use must be on or before December 31, 2018, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 16, 2018, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: April 8, 2017 to April 21, 2017; June 5, 2017 to August 10, 2017.

All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Water Parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures.

It has been cleared off the page I was referring to within the checkout screens. A generic message is seen at the bottom of this page of Theme Park Tickets. It's the same message for all options to click, including the Canadian tickets, so I am assuming it's a general rule, with the Canadian offer being the exception.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/?rate=canada

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, and first use must be on or before December 31, 2018, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 16, 2018, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: April 8, 2017 to April 21, 2017; June 5, 2017 to August 10, 2017.

All tickets and options are nontransferable and nonrefundable and exclude activities/events separately priced. Water Parks subject to rehabilitation, seasonal and weather closures.

I don't see that quote about 2017 or 2018 anywhere on the link you provided.

I see this:

"Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use. Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use."

It's when you go into the "View Details" link at the top of the page under the Products and Prices for Canadians. The section in question is at the bottom of this linked page. It is likely that it is a generic statement of terms and that the terms of the Canadian offer will take precedence. It is there.

From Ticketing,

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

This is a known display error of the expiration date of December 2017 prior to the use of the ticket and is being worked on. The tickets will never expire prior to the use and will expire 14 days after the first use of the ticket.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

eCommerce Sales and Service Team"

Anyone curious if the offer will get extended again, with the CAD being so terrible still?

I know. Our dollar is the lowest it's been in over a year. But I doubt it since they already extended it once.

Yeah, would be nice. I'll definitely buy my tickets before the 20th. But hopefully for others they keep it going. But you are probably right....

Does anyone know if I can upgrade to an AP with these tickets?
Will they price bridge if I buy the tickets from Perkopolis or CAA or will Disney know how much I paid for the tickets?

TIA!

Will they price bridge if I buy the tickets from Perkopolis or CAA or will Disney know how much I paid for the tickets?
As far as I understand from lots of other posts about this. YES you can definitely upgrade, but you will pay the difference from the CDN price to an AP.

TIA!
As @Sailormoon2 pointed out you can upgrade these tickets to anything you want but you will only be allowed the actual value of these tickets. It doesn't matter where you get the tickets (including redeeming Airmiles for them) you will be getting an exchange certificate that looks like this
e1ad3d86-1acd-40f1-9a05-96a403d61f3d.jpg
There will be no question how much you actually paid. If you think you might want to upgrade to add extra days or hoppers you would be better off buying them directly from Disney for exactly what you want or you will lose the discount. If you want to upgrade to an AP you will *more than likely* only be allowed what you paid.

EDIT: The thread that follows is a stellar example of Disney's appalling inability to clearly and accurately communicate their policies through their staff, and sometimes even their website. But beyond that, this thread (happily) is no longer relevant. All sources now appear to agree that the expiry of Canadian Resident tickets was a mistake from the outset, and it has now been corrected. Even better, the offer has been extended to May 20, and Canadian Resident tickets were not impacted by the recent price increases. Happy ticket shopping!

I hope I don't overly alarm anyone with this post, but I figure it's better for people to be aware...

I was poking around at tickets just now, and went as far as to add some of the 25% off special offer tickets to my cart. In viewing the cart, I noticed the sentence in bold below (emphasis mine):

---------------
Important Details

Prices for Canada Residents

Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use. Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use. The first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2017.
----------------

Now, this is in direct conflict with their promotional page, which still states:

"The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during 2016, 2017 and beyond—they won’t expire!"

Not to mention reports all over Disboards indicating that the tickets are non-expiring. But between this fine print and the likelihood that any upgrade at all will wipe out your discount, buying these tickets for future use is getting less appealing all the time.

I do have one of the exchange vouchers, ordered from Air Miles, and I checked it very carefully just now. No indication of expiry. So who knows? :confused3 Most likely they'll honour the tickets indefinitely, but it would be nice if they could keep their story straight.

**Still not true for the Canadian tickets. It's not december 31 2017, it's december 31, 2018

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, and first use must be on or before December 31, 2018, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 16, 2018, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: April 8, 2017 to April 21, 2017. December 18, 2017 to December 31st, 2017; March 24, 2018 to April 6, 2018; June 4, 2018 to August 9, 2018.

**Still not true for the Canadian tickets. It's not december 31 2017, it's december 31, 2018

Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use, and first use must be on or before December 31, 2018, except for Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets. Florida Resident 3-Day and 4-Day Tickets expire 6 months after first use or December 16, 2018, whichever comes first, and may not be used on the following blockout dates: April 8, 2017 to April 21, 2017. December 18, 2017 to December 31st, 2017; March 24, 2018 to April 6, 2018; June 4, 2018 to August 9, 2018.

-----So if I read correctly recently, the tickets do not expired???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter