WDW Canadian Resident Ticket Expiry *RESOLVED* - Offer extended to May 20/17.

mab2012

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
EDIT: The thread that follows is a stellar example of Disney's appalling inability to clearly and accurately communicate their policies through their staff, and sometimes even their website. But beyond that, this thread (happily) is no longer relevant. All sources now appear to agree that the expiry of Canadian Resident tickets was a mistake from the outset, and it has now been corrected. Even better, the offer has been extended to May 20, and Canadian Resident tickets were not impacted by the recent price increases. Happy ticket shopping!

I hope I don't overly alarm anyone with this post, but I figure it's better for people to be aware...

I was poking around at tickets just now, and went as far as to add some of the 25% off special offer tickets to my cart. In viewing the cart, I noticed the sentence in bold below (emphasis mine):

---------------
Important Details

Prices for Canada Residents

Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use. Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use. The first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2017.
----------------

Now, this is in direct conflict with their promotional page, which still states:

"The best part? You can use these discounted tickets at any time during 2016, 2017 and beyond—they won’t expire!"

Not to mention reports all over Disboards indicating that the tickets are non-expiring. But between this fine print and the likelihood that any upgrade at all will wipe out your discount, buying these tickets for future use is getting less appealing all the time.

I do have one of the exchange vouchers, ordered from Air Miles, and I checked it very carefully just now. No indication of expiry. So who knows? :confused3 Most likely they'll honour the tickets indefinitely, but it would be nice if they could keep their story straight.

Last edited:
You're confusing Disney Land tickets with Disney World tickets.

Disney Land tickets purchased as part of this promotion expire at the end of the year.

Disney World tickets purchased with this promotion do not expire, ever.

Disney Land tickets purchased as part of this promotion expire at the end of the year.

Disney World tickets purchased with this promotion do not expire, ever.

That's what I thought at first too - but if you add WDW tickets to your cart and go to checkout, you'll see that it now mentions December 31, 2017

We just bought WDW tickets today (feb 9th) and in the confirmation email it states an of expiry Dec 31st 2017. I copied and pasted below what the email showed.

db94012690a4bb59ddced2650c58d40a-Candian-Resident.png

Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use. Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use. The first day of use must be on or before December 31, 2017.

That's what I thought at first too - but if you add WDW tickets to your cart and go to checkout, you'll see that it now mentions December 31, 2017

Just got off the phone with a CM. Tickets will not expire, that is an error that they are correcting. Tickets WILL NOT expire until you use them the first time, then they will expire 14 days after that. My tickets are still good for 2020!! Good catch though!
We just bought WDW tickets today (feb 9th) and in the confirmation email it states an of expiry Dec 31st 2017. I copied and pasted below what the email showed.

Thanks for the call Seoulbro! I was planning on buying some tickets but with this new thread, I was worried.

No, I most certainly am not confusing DL with WDW. But from Seoulbro's post, it sounds like they will correct this.

I sent an email earlier today, asking the same. It will take longer to get a response, but I don't trust anything a CM says over the phone. Too much misinformation (just like this Important Details notice). I want it specifically in writing, so that if they change their minds I at least have some proof of what I was told.

No, I most certainly am not confusing DL with WDW. But from Seoulbro's post, it sounds like they will correct this.

I sent an email earlier today, asking the same. It will take longer to get a response, but I don't trust anything a CM says over the phone. Too much misinformation (just like this Important Details notice). I want it specifically in writing, so that if they change their minds I at least have some proof of what I was told.
I agree. Do you have an email address? My friend is buying her ticket and I want her to have written confirmation that it won't expire.

My bad, hasn't changed yet. Will confirm soon.

Funny, on a desktop, you see that message, on my tablet, nothing about use by December 2017.

Alright, have good news for everyone!!

Got off the phone with Disney supervisor. He assured me that the tickets will not expire unless activated. I sent him a screen shot of the section that mentions use by Dec. 2017, and he said this would be fixed. He also told me the deal is going to be extended until May 20th. If you look at this deal on your tablet, you wont find that stipulation. Disney needs to get things straight! Hope this helps. I bought 4 seven day tickets, so I have a lot invested in this, as I am not going until 2020.

I purchased tickets Feb 2nd, and this was in my confirmation email:

Important Details
a292f005207cd0dc4d49b6e07f961c3c-calendar-14-large.png
Multi-Day Theme Park Ticket Expiration
Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use.

Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use.

Last edited:
Wow if this is being extended that is great. I might have enough Airmiles for a couple of tickets then. Hope they show an update for the extension soon.

Hi - I am a lurker but wanted to throw my 2 cents in...

I checked on Tues, Feb 7 and I did notice that wording for Disneyland and NOT Disneyworld. However, the system wouldn't let me buy so I figured I would try again later in the week. When I looked today, Feb 9, that wording was now on the Disneyworld tickets! So doesn't surprise me that there is confusion (only wish I had taken a screenshot on Tuesday - grrr) ...I was going to call but then found this thread. thanks all for their hard work/

I agree. Do you have an email address? My friend is buying her ticket and I want her to have written confirmation that it won't expire.

I just used their web form. If you go to the WDW website and scroll to the bottom, you'll see a "contact us" link. From there there's another link to contact by email, which takes you to a form.

I'll post the response here when I get it, for what that's worth.

Alright, have good news for everyone!!

Got off the phone with Disney supervisor. He assured me that the tickets will not expire unless activated. I sent him a screen shot of the section that mentions use by Dec. 2017, and he said this would be fixed. He also told me the deal is going to be extended until May 20th. If you look at this deal on your tablet, you wont find that stipulation. Disney needs to get things straight! Hope this helps. I bought 4 seven day tickets, so I have a lot invested in this, as I am not going until 2020.

I purchased tickets Feb 2nd, and this was in my confirmation email:

Important Details
a292f005207cd0dc4d49b6e07f961c3c-calendar-14-large.png
Multi-Day Theme Park Ticket Expiration
Tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use.

Item(s) are priced for Canada residents only. All Guests who will use Canada resident tickets or passes must present a Canadian passport prior to first use. If the Guest selects Will Call as the delivery method, the Guest must present a Canadian passport to exchange the Will Call certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park window or Guest Relations prior to first use.

Awesome, thanks for the additional confirmation! Sorry if I caused concern with this thread - just thought it was better for people to be aware if there actually was a change.

Regarding the possible extension to the offer, that will be great if it happens. Just a small cautionary tale though:

Back in November there was a thread here on the Dis discussing an extension to the "13 month AP" offer. Someone had been told both over the phone *and* confirmed in email (posted to the thread) that the offer was to be extended until October 2017. I read this and filed it away in my brain, assuming the written confirmation to be accurate. I then dragged my feet on the APs I was considering purchasing, finally going ahead on January 12, in full confidence that I was buying 13 month tickets.

Turns out that the extension offer actually only applied to renewals, not new purchases. The new purchase offer had ended on Jan 3 as originally intended, and now I have three 12 month APs that I would not have bought if I'd realized the offer had ended (and would have bought ten days earlier if I'd been paying attention). Stupid mistake on my part, should have double checked, but I just had it in mind that the offer was still good, and the duration of the pass is not actually stated anywhere in the purchasing process, even in the terms and conditions, so there was nothing to clearly indicate either way.

Moral of the story: anyone who wants these tickets but would rather wait to buy them should double check near the end of February. If the extension hasn't been posted by then, don't wait to buy!

Just I checked my confirmation email, and I have a message similar to @Seoulbro:
upload_2017-2-10_8-28-20.png

I'll be getting my passes in about a week when my mom comes back from visiting my brother/nephew in LA. If there is any literature included with the passes I'll be sure to let everyone know.

I have 5 of th 5 day WDW exchange certificates purchased during the Canadian Resident sale. There's nothing on the certificates indicating an expiry, so yeah, I'd say they email was wrong.

I am not buying my tickets until I see the wording on the website change. It is possible they changed the conditions for people buying the tickets now.

I just went to purchase WDW 3x 10 day tickets (I've been meaning to do this before the end of Feb...) and I too noticed the "Dec 31st" clause. I called, and they indicated that it was an error - checked with the supervisor, also indicated it was an error. I am not overly comfortable with taking the word of a CM, especially when I'm clicking "yes", indicating that I understand the conditions. However, I'm weighing this out with the impending and likely ticket price increase, which for the last few years has fallen in the latter end of February.

We don't plan to go back for a few years, so this will be a good deal (unless the CDN$ goes back to par against the USD...!). So... I've taken a screen capture of the "and beyond - they won't expire!" phrase under the CDN ticket deal, and may just go ahead with it.

Wish me luck!

So three days later and the website still has the Dec 31, 2017 expiry date noted.
Yes, previous posters have been assured by Disney that this will be corrected. Now, I'm not an IT person but how long could it take to remove one sentence from a web page? Surely, it should be done by now.
I'm trying not to worry but this concerns me.

This is weird. I bought my passes on Feb. 3 and I just doubled checked my confirmation email....there is NO expiry date on mine. I'm sure the added date is a glitch, they wouldn't just add one out of the blue and have to face the wrath of us Canadians ;) lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter