WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm wondering how many people have rebooked before Disney have said even if you have made this park reservation there is a possibility you won't get in.
It has always been true, though rarely occurred. Parks have capacity limits and those have been reached on occasion during very crowded times. However, I do believe the park reservation system will be active before people arrive for their on-site stays at WDW. We just need to be patient to see how that will work.

Yes as in you turn up drunk you are not getting in, you try and smuggle in something you aren't supposed to have, you aren't getting in etc. Disney letting you book your trip and then saying you arent getting in even though you have travelled, paid a ton, have valid tix is wrong. I'm wondering how many people have rebooked before Disney have said even if you have made this park reservation there is a possibility you won't get in. I am probably reading too much into it as I have faith that Disney wouldn't do that to people.

Disney has always included that verbiage, just as legal cover for themselves and because they do have park capacity limits even during normal times. They're just saying it clearly now to make sure people understand. The reality is, IF you have a park reservation, there is a slim to none chance you won't get in. The issue I have is that you may have tickets and a resort reservation and not be able to secure a park reservation- but since they have not announced how they're going to allot those reservations, I'll wait until I know for sure before I get all up in arms about it.

I have a 7/1-7/5 package reservation and never received the email that was discussed, so I ended up calling last night and they were able to modify my package. We decided to keep the same dates, so she removed our park tickets and moved us from CBR 5th sleeper to SSR 2 bedroom villa. The cost of the tickets was removed and we did not pay extra to upgrade resorts We were not given a choice which resort, she specifically said there would only be one resort option offered to us. She told us where we would be moved to before she actually changed anything. Final payment due 7 days before. If we cancel within 7 days they will refund all except $200 deposit, canceling more than 7 days out is a full refund. I'm very grateful for these boards or I never would have known to call!

Here is my question: what happens to your ticket value if you can get reservations for only some of your park days? Example, you have a 6-night Disney resort reservation with a 7-day ticket. Normally, you get a 10-day window in which to use those 7 days. But for this trip, when reservations open, you are able to secure park reservations for 4 days. Does Disney then recognize you have a 3-day ticket that can be used on another trip by September 2021 or can apply the value of a 3-day ticket to another date-based 3-day ticket if you don't travel back to WDW before expiration? I'm willing to be flexible on which parks I visit during the trip, and I'll make due with a resort day or two if I can't get reservations on some of my days. But I don't want to lose out on the value of my tickets because Disney won't let me into a park. I paid for 7 days, and I expect to have 7 days in Disney parks.

Here is my question: what happens to your ticket value if you can get reservations for only some of your park days? Example, you have a 6-night Disney resort reservation with a 7-day ticket. Normally, you get a 10-day window in which to use those 7 days. But for this trip, when reservations open, you are able to secure park reservations for 4 days. Does Disney then recognize you have a 3-day ticket that can be used on another trip by September 2021 or can apply the value of a 3-day ticket to another date-based 3-day ticket if you don't travel back to WDW before expiration? I'm willing to be flexible on which parks I visit during the trip, and I'll make due with a resort day or two if I can't get reservations on some of my days. But I don't want to lose out on the value of my tickets because Disney won't let me into a park. I paid for 7 days, and I expect to have 7 days in Disney parks.
This is true. I wonder the same and it’s a completely valid concern. You shouldn’t be SOL because of the new system. Most people bought tickets prior to this even being a thing

Rumor from some of my sources are they are exploring the refunds for days not used. But, it’s also possible they will decide...since they extended all passes bought through June 6th, to allow the days to be used anytime....that came out after I was told the refund idea

It sounds like they are working on things to decide what makes the best sense for the masses.

My guess (and that’s all it is) - they will allow you to carry the unused days through 9/26/2021. I believe folks whose trips were cut short in early March have been allow the same.
I am hoping they will allow ticket days to be separated by long time gaps up to 9/26/2021 as a general proposition, rather than making the guest fail to obtain all desired park days first. Come on, 'sources,' tell us what's up! :magnify:

"Carrying" unused days seems far more complicated and expensive than just refunding the days that can't be used. Not to mention useless in the case of people who do not visit more frequently than once a year.

Yes, but park days become cheaper later in a trip. For the first 4 days, you're paying over $100/day for even a value-season base ticket. But after that the price per day drops steeply. If you go from a 4-day ticket to a 7-day ticket, you'll pay about $70 more total for the additional 3 days.

If I'm taking the time off work, paying hundreds of dollars for flights, and staying onsite for a week, I'm going to be really upset if Disney tells me I can only go to the parks for 4 days, and the entirety of my guest recovery is a $50 refund per ticket.

On the other hand, if Disney essentially lets me convert those 3 unused days into a 3-day ticket, I can use them on another trip within the year, or apply the value of a 3-day ticket towards the purchase of another ticket.

Yes, but park days become cheaper later in a trip. For the first 4 days, you're paying over $100/day for even a value-season base ticket. But after that the price per day drops steeply. If you go from a 4-day ticket to a 7-day ticket, you'll pay about $70 more total for the additional 3 days.

If I'm taking the time off work, paying hundreds of dollars for flights, and staying onsite for a week, I'm going to be really upset if Disney tells me I can only go to the parks for 4 days, and the entirety of my guest recovery is a $50 refund per ticket.

On the other hand, if Disney essentially lets me convert those 3 unused days into a 3-day ticket, I can use them on another trip within the year, or apply the value of a 3-day ticket towards the purchase of another ticket.

Got me thinking. If they let them be used later, and someone doesn’t by expiration , then I can see the value toward the new one be only the value of 4 day to 7 day,

So, the incentive would be to use them as the value would be much greater! It will be interesting what they do!

Last edited:
Hello

I have a reservation at SSR check in July 17th and I’m in the fence if we’re still going. Has anyone heard how or when these park reservations will be released? Will we be able to walk in to the poly for a dole whip? And lastly, it may be old, but my sister read people from CT have to quarantine so if that’s true we can’t come.

anyone who read anything or has any insight into my questions would be so helpful.

thanks!

Hello

I have a reservation at SSR check in July 17th and I’m in the fence if we’re still going. Has anyone heard how or when these park reservations will be released? Will we be able to walk in to the poly for a dole whip? And lastly, it may be old, but my sister read people from CT have to quarantine so if that’s true we can’t come.

anyone who read anything or has any insight into my questions would be so helpful.

thanks!
Reservation information has not been released
Resort hopping is unclear, the website says you need to have a dining reservation to be able to visit a specific resort if you're not staying there
Yes, there's an order for tristate area to isolate but that expires first week of July, unclear if it'll be extended

My guess (and that’s all it is) - they will allow you to carry the unused days through 9/26/2021. I believe folks whose trips were cut short in early March have been allow the same.

If this turns out to be true wouldn’t it be in someone’s best interest to pay to extend your current ticket say from a 5 to 10 days even if you’re just planning to use 5 of them? Assuming they allow you to add days. And assuming you’d be back in a year.

I doubt this would happen but if it does I’m jumping on it.

This is all speculation but, if you are hoping to carry extra days to a future trip, won’t you still encounter the same problem the following trip?

Hypothetically, if you normally travel and enjoy 7 day’s in the park but only get reservations for
4 and carry 3 day tickets to your next trip, yes you’d have a 3 day ticket but still end up needing to purchase 4 dats at full price the second trip. It’s just delaying the inevitable.

how many days if park reservations I can secure before our trip is one of the many, many factors in taking into consideration when deciding if a Disney trip will work for us this year or not.

I wonder, for those with park hoppers already reserved. Since we can only choose a park a day, do you think Disney will refund the difference?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter