WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Good morning! I keep reading about only being allowed to reserve parks for four days... is this in writing somewhere or is it a rumor?

Good morning! I keep reading about only being allowed to reserve parks for four days... is this in writing somewhere or is it a rumor?
I don’t believe so, I think people would just be counting their blessings if they are able to get all 4 parks with this new crazy system :)

here's another question about the park entry reservations - I don't recall these specific words before on the Disney site:

"New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon. New ticket sales will resume after that period of time."

I know it used to say something about making those reservations first but I don't recall it saying IN PHASES...

hmmmmm

here's another question about the park entry reservations - I don't recall these specific words before on the Disney site:

"New Ticket Sales: At this time, new ticket sales are temporarily paused. Existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders will be able to make reservation requests in phases before new tickets are sold. Additional details will be shared with these Guests soon. New ticket sales will resume after that period of time."

I know it used to say something about making those reservations first but I don't recall it saying IN PHASES...

hmmmmm
in phases has been there for a while. I am assuming they will go the Universal route and let the highest AP book first then an hour later they go down the line and so on

Where did you hear that? That's crazy. Disney is a long way to travel and a lot of money for a 4-day trip. We would cancel for sure.
the only place there's a mention of limited number of days reserveed is in the AP page
During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited. More details will be shared in the coming weeks.

hmmmmm

I took the phases to mean by date of your trip. Like they're not going to open it to everyone who has a trip planned, but first to people going soon.

I think everyone is speculating and causing panic for very little benefit. A lot of what has been out there is legalize, and much of it is language that has been there before, just maybe not realized.

Using the FP+ system as a guide, since I think that will be the technology that they are modifying for the new system (I work in IT Finance systems development, and understand the complexities of bringing up a new or modified system). Purely speculation, but my chips are obviously on resort guests getting access to the reservation system first, starting Day 1 of check in for length of stay (up to 7 days, similar to the FP+ system) with the added wrinkle of #days on ticket. So for instance, we have a 7 day DVC reservation but only 5 day park tickets, so I would expect to only be able to register for a park on 5 days. My guess is AP holders will be phased in early as well and allowed to hold 4 park reservations at a time BUT if they have a resort stay booked, then they would fall into the category above. This is very similar the FP+ rules, and I just don't think they have the time or IT resources to do something drastically different. They are most likely taking what they have and doing a copy and then modifying since a lot of the base coding is already there. I do think they will allow park hopping (maybe not immediately but shortly thereafter at least for AP holders), but it will be a standby type of thing, as people leave more can go in.

Disney is a business, but a lot of people tend to get caught up in the "magic" and forget that. They have a breakeven point they need to hit where they cover their fixed costs and incremental costs to reopen to even make it worthwhile (including the resorts). They have a real problem with DVC and a points glut if they don't take care of those guests as DVC has been their cash cow and they cannot risk it devaluing.

This is all my opinion though. The only thing we know for sure is we have to wait and see!

I have just now heard of this 4-day restriction. We have a TEN-night trip in August using DVC points that were to be used on multiple trips in the spring and early summer that we'll lose if we don't use them now. Not good.

There is no word if it is a 4 day restriction. It’s all speculation that people are saying. If anything, people are basing it off of Shanghai with Annual Passholders, not regular ticket holders. Plus, August is a bit away, if anything the reservation system ‘restriction’(if there even is any) would be gone after the initial phases. Again, this is just summing up what others have said but there is NO confirmation of a 4 day restriction! I think people were just using it as an example, as if they would be lucky to get 4 days of reservations to be able to attend the 4 parks.

Again lets try and keep this thread based on what info Disney has announced.
As of today no announcement on how the reservation system will work, how many days you can book, how far in advance, when will dining and hotel reservation will open up...nothing new at all since Saturday night.
For those that don't know post one has alll the links to everything Disney has announced so far

I saw that a thread on this subject was closed, with the reason cited as many other planning threads with this discussion. I am having a difficult time finding this information or discussion mixed with everything else. There is so much information to dissect, I believe it would be helpful for those of us in tNY, NJ, CT and La to have a separate thread.

I saw that a thread on this subject was closed, with the reason cited as many other planning threads with this discussion. I am having a difficult time finding this information or discussion mixed with everything else. There is so much information to dissect, I believe it would be helpful for those of us in tNY, NJ, CT and La to have a separate thread.
LA has been lifted as of a couple of weeks. The new executive order is due to expire beginning of July unless it's extended. The best place to find this info is here
https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/current-travel-safety-information.htmlyou can check that daily and it will update once the order is not longer active

Where did you hear that? That's crazy. Disney is a long way to travel and a lot of money for a 4-day trip. We would cancel for sure.

I think one of my previous posts on this thread is the source of your confusion. I was asking what would happen to the value of the remainder of a multi-day ticket if a person were unable to secure reservations for all the days of a planned trip. Since I personally have 7-day tickets purchased, I gave a hypothetical example of only being able to reserve 4 park days during my next stay to hypothesize what might happen to my remaining 3 days.

There is nothing at all from Disney stating a 4-day max, nor is there a rumor from someone supposedly in the know. It's just a hypothetical example that a few others have used to reply with what Disney might do in my hypothetical situation.

This is all speculation but, if you are hoping to carry extra days to a future trip, won’t you still encounter the same problem the following trip?

Hypothetically, if you normally travel and enjoy 7 day’s in the park but only get reservations for
4 and carry 3 day tickets to your next trip, yes you’d have a 3 day ticket but still end up needing to purchase 4 dats at full price the second trip. It’s just delaying the inevitable.

how many days if park reservations I can secure before our trip is one of the many, many factors in taking into consideration when deciding if a Disney trip will work for us this year or not.

If Disney gives me the value of a 3-day ticket, I wouldn't have the same problem the following trip. A 3-day ticket is over $300. If I can use the value of a 3-day ticket to upgrade to a 7-day ticket, the upgrade would cost me about $200 per ticket. if I have to buy a separate 4-day ticket, that would be over $400 per ticket. If I have to buy a new 7-day ticket, that would be well over $500 per ticket. If Disney only refunds me or credits me the ~$50 difference between the cost of a 4-day ticket and a 7-day ticket (I purchased 7 day base tickets before the February price increase), that would not go very far towards another ticket.

Yes, but park days become cheaper later in a trip. For the first 4 days, you're paying over $100/day for even a value-season base ticket. But after that the price per day drops steeply. If you go from a 4-day ticket to a 7-day ticket, you'll pay about $70 more total for the additional 3 days.

If I'm taking the time off work, paying hundreds of dollars for flights, and staying onsite for a week, I'm going to be really upset if Disney tells me I can only go to the parks for 4 days, and the entirety of my guest recovery is a $50 refund per ticket.

On the other hand, if Disney essentially lets me convert those 3 unused days into a 3-day ticket, I can use them on another trip within the year, or apply the value of a 3-day ticket towards the purchase of another ticket.

That was also my thinking... but when it is such a slog to get there it doesn't matter if I still have a 3 day park hopper. It'd cost thousands again to get to use them. We'd need more flights, another hotel, more food money, more time off. I'd be far more mad if I ended up with a voucher for another trip that I won't be taking before September 2021 than I would getting a refund - if we can only book a few days in the theme park during this trip then nothing will change that. I'd cancel the trip if I felt it wasn't worth the money rather than say if Disney tosses me another couple hundred to get MORE of my money later everything is golden. It'd be nice if they'd let us choose between the two.

Edited to add for more context, we are a party of two. The cost of two tickets is dwarfed by what we spend on the other aspects of a vacation - especially the hotel and flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter