WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Hi all,

I haven't been on the Dis Boards or to Disney World in years. I listen to the Podcast every week though. I am considering a trip down this weekend with a flight and hotel credit I have not related to Disney. I've already had and recovered from Covid. I tested positive for the antibodies, but I'm traveling from the tri-state area. I need a break from my roommates. I am wondering how FL is enforcing the 14 day quarantine rule? Am I going to get arrested if I don't follow it. Or no one actually checks. I am just planning to go to the hotel pool and maybe to Estefan Kitchen one night and Disney Springs another? Any information or advice would be appreciated. :) Happy to be linked to another thread if there is a more relevant one. Sorry if I'm being redundant. This is a last minute idea, and I knew this was the best place to come for information. Thank You! :D

I am wondering how FL is enforcing the 14 day quarantine rule?
I can’t say how Florida is enforcing it. But WDW states the following:
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.

I have a few questions for anyone that may know the answer. First some background. I’m a DVC member and an annual pass holder and have/had 3 trips this year. 2 have been canceled due to the virus. The next trip is in August. I live in upstate NY and the governor has stated that no one from the tri-state area Is allowed in Florida. I’ve been cooped up at home for the past 3 months with little to no contact with anyone.

The points that I have used are borrowed from 2021. So the first question is if I’m forced to,cancel yet another trip, can those points be put back into 2021? Another question is Disney is extending the annual passes for the time the parks have been closed (which is great), however, if I’m not allowed to go because of some edict, is Disney going to extend my annual pass for the time that I’m forbidden to visit? I will also post this in the DVC area. This is very frustrating since I’ve got all these airline credits also.
I am wondering all of these things as a NYer (Dutchess County) with a July 15th arrival. I have asked numerous CMs and emailed DVC "leadership" because nobody has answers. I was appalled at the lack of answers to some questions, and am equally appalled that I haven't even received such as an automated response from my email. When I asked a CM supervisor, I was told that the emails are generally responded to within 10 buisness days!?! I need to make hard before the 14th of this month. DVC is not treating Disney's most loyal customers with the transparency they deserve. So very frustrating.

Hi all,

I haven't been on the Dis Boards or to Disney World in years. I listen to the Podcast every week though. I am considering a trip down this weekend with a flight and hotel credit I have not related to Disney. I've already had and recovered from Covid. I tested positive for the antibodies, but I'm traveling from the tri-state area. I need a break from my roommates. I am wondering how FL is enforcing the 14 day quarantine rule? Am I going to get arrested if I don't follow it. Or no one actually checks. I am just planning to go to the hotel pool and maybe to Estefan Kitchen one night and Disney Springs another? Any information or advice would be appreciated. :) Happy to be linked to another thread if there is a more relevant one. Sorry if I'm being redundant. This is a last minute idea, and I knew this was the best place to come for information. Thank You! :D
you have to fill out a questionnaire when entering the state with your information, phone number where you will be staying. You must sign this. Then you get a paper explaining COVID and the fact that you have to self isolate for 14 days, go directly to your hotel or wherever you're staying and stay there.
They call you during the 14 days.
It's more of an honor thing but if you do get caught the fine can go up to $500

you have to fill out a questionnaire when entering the state with your information, phone number where you will be staying. You must sign this. Then you get a paper explaining COVID and the fact that you have to self isolate for 14 days, go directly to your hotel or wherever you're staying and stay there.
They call you during the 14 days.
It's more of an honor thing but if you do get caught the fine can go up to $500
Got it, that is kind of what I gathered as well. Do you think they would come to my resort to check if I was there? Or they just call you on your cell phone?

Hi all,

First, welcome to the Disboards.

Second, I'm glad you recovered from COVID, and are feeling well enough for a vacation.

Third, if you head over to the transportation board, there is a thread about coming from the tri-state area that addresses the order, as well as has some discussion regarding the enforcement.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/new-york-new-jersey-connecticut-florida.3803248/

I wish I knew if having a split stay will hurt me with the new reservation system vs. having a full stay at the same resort?

I don't think it will. Split stays don't affect FP or dining. It's treated as one stay as long as it is continuous. I have a split stay too between BWV and BWI.

Seems like a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen if you don’t give a reason. Then again it is easy to give a reason

Giving no reason is not discriminatory. Giving a reason is. For instance, in Texas, you can be fired for no reason, but not for any or all reasons. However, the person could challenge it in court or sue.

I wish I knew if having a split stay will hurt me with the new reservation system vs. having a full stay at the same resort?

I don't think it will. Split stays don't affect FP or dining. It's treated as one stay as long as it is continuous. I have a split stay too between BWV and BWI.
Dining, yes, 2 separate, now 60 day, windows. FP can book for all days.
So yes, I too am slightly nervous on how they'll set up reservations. I'd assume like FP, so we can book for all days. 🤞since as of right now, I have a BLT and BWI split starting August 3. :goodvibes

Just as DISBoards does not allow discussion of ways to circumvent Disney policy, it's generally best not to use these boards to discuss, hint at, or imply ways to circumvent laws/orders (whether we agree with them or not). We should probably steer clear of further discussion on the topic.

Thanks all.

I'm curious, on 21 day tickets, how many days of FP+ could you hold at once?

I believe it's 60+14 days.

Our plan for our 5-day August trip is that if we can't get Disney park reservations every day, we'll make it a pool/disney springs day or take an uber and go check out Universal Studios/Volcano Bay. Given how limited the capacity is, I do not think it is realistic to expect that guests with longer trips will be able to get reservations every single day. It may be that they will allow you to shorten a hotel stay if you have a longer trip planned and can't get tickets on most days.

The problem here is that it is a zero sum game with these kinds of severe capacity limits: if a person with a 21 day ticket can make reservations for all 21 days, that's the equivalent of seven people getting to book the parks for 3 days each. That's why they are capping reservations for APs--they don't want it to be the case that a smaller group of people get to enjoy an empty theme park over and over while others who saved and planned for a Disney vacation can't get in at all this year.

We usually aren't able to stay for more than 2-4 days, so I chuckle a bit to see the attitude that a 4-day limit would be the end of the world. This trip should be even more fun, because since there is no more fastpass, we might actually be able to get on some of the headliner rides (with shorter trips, the FPs were always gone by our 60 day mark).

I can't speak for anyone else, but I book the 21 day ticket for convenience, not because I got to the parks all the time. I could book the 14 day ticket and still not use up all the park days, but I don't want to be limited for which days I can go to the parks and the difference in price isn't a lot.

We need Remy is Up to come back with the latest info!!
It would still be rumour until Disney announces it. Many people are "in the know" but it serves is nothing until we have confirmation as Disney is changing things on a daily basis

Too funny, a three asterisk DPB post that didn't really tell us anything new other than reiterating that they'll be cleaning lots of stuff. :goodvibes

Although in fairness, in my opinion it is good for them to keep communicating about things such as housekeeping so eventual resort guests have the proper expectations before arriving.

Too funny, a three asterisk DPB post that didn't really tell us anything new other than reiterating that they'll be cleaning lots of stuff. :goodvibes

Although in fairness, in my opinion it is good for them to keep communicating about things such as housekeeping so eventual resort guests have the proper expectations before arriving.
I think this is in direct relation to the cute video Universal posted, with real people, last week. Everyone was praising that video for explaining the rules in a fun, easy to understand way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter