WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

As a Passholder with a Resort Reservation(July 11-17) who was unable to secure a DHS Park Pass for any of my 3 available DHS dates on Monday,it stings a little that I don't have another shot today.

Seems like I should have one more shot today at getting the 1 Park that elluded me since I am a Passholder,but the system is what the system is.

We will still go over to DHS on our "planned" DHS day,go through Bag Check and stare lovingly at Hollywood Blvd. from just outside the Mickey Readers.

And I am NOT kidding!lol :)
I am not understanding why you cant try again today to get it? AM I missing something?

I am not understanding why you cant try again today to get it? AM I missing something?
Guests with Resort Reservations,even Passhoders,were limited to Monday only.

Since they started early today with no glitches,I would have easily secured DHS and all my other Parks today as a Passholder.

Since they started early today with no glitches,I would have easily secured DHS and all my other Parks today as a Passholder.
Can you not switch one of your resort days to book through AP, or give it a try?

If one cancels their parks reservations on the Park Pass System, is there any delay noticed in MDE before being able to book parks again?

If one cancels their parks reservations on the Park Pass System, is there any delay noticed in MDE before being able to book parks again?

When I made some changes Monday, I canceled the reservations on MDE and was able to book another park immediately! Good luck!

they were some spots left but first week is almost all gone, they also opened the system at 6 instead of 7

Posted on the another thread, but wondering your take.

So I assume the soonest dates are filling for local AP without a stay, so that after those dates go by-they can start reserving more dates.

Kind of an ongoing cycle for folks that go once or twice a week.

But at this rate, it appears the next month or more could block out for this group.

Last edited:
Can you not switch one of your resort days to book through AP, or give it a try?
It would show Passholder availability for DHS on the Availability Calendar,but when I would try to reserve it would always take me to the page showing the 3 sets of dates for Park Pass order eligibility.

I guess they thought it would be unfair for Passholders with Resort Reservations to get 2 opportunities.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why we have to cancel and rebook rather than have a modify feature? When booking FP, I always felt better about modifying vs canceling. I’m nervous about losing the reservation by canceling first and the other park disappearing before I can get the new reservation in.

Does anyone know why we have to cancel and rebook rather than have a modify feature? When booking FP, I always felt better about modifying vs canceling. I’m nervous about losing the reservation by canceling first and the other park disappearing before I can get the new reservation in.
I cancelled and rebooked on Tuesday and it was super easy. No issues. Hopefully it will be the same for you.

Great question.
I'm hoping they add it in as a future update!

I just don’t think they have made it that way yet. I’m pretty sure it will be added later. But for now, you just cancel and rebook.

I'm really confused...do you you mean guests with APs? Im a resort guest, no AP and was able to make reservations on Mon and I did again on Wed. - It was not a new reservation; I had just had so many issues that I gave up with one of the reservations so went back and tried again and was successful Wed.

I cancelled and rebooked on Tuesday and it was super easy. No issues. Hopefully it will be the same for you.
I did it once on Monday when I accidentally put the wrong park on one of the days. I was nervous, but it was fine.

My concern is more if we end up not going in November and I rebook for 2021. I’m waiting to see what things are looking like closer to November to make my decision. I’m going to have to weigh the restrictions in November vs the benefit of having my park days booked and an affordable onsite hotel. The 2021 rack rates are ridiculous, and I want to know I’ll be able to get park days before I cancel the ones I have.

Something I noticed this AM - maybe just late to the party. It is known that there are separate "pools" of park reservations available for Resort guests, now AP's, and soon to be general ticket holders. So, now that we are in the AP reservation window, it does not appear that their reservations are coming out of the resort guest pool at all (and vice versa). You can see this because AP reservations are not available on some dates where resort guest reservations still are. So...if you have a resort reservation but you don't have tickets, you should still be able to get in even though you can't get tickets...YET.

Disney Magic, right there in front of us the whole time.

I wasn’t aware we were limited to only one day to reserve our parks? I made mine on Monday. We have a DVC reservation and two people have APs and three people have 5 day PHs. If I hadn’t made my reservations on Monday are you saying I wouldn’t be able to make them today? If that’s the case WOW! So glad I didn’t give up on Monday!!

I wasn’t aware we were limited to only one day to reserve our parks? I made mine on Monday. We have a DVC reservation and two people have APs and three people have 5 day PHs. If I hadn’t made my reservations on Monday are you saying I wouldn’t be able to make them today? If that’s the case WOW! So glad I didn’t give up on Monday!!

No, you’re not limited to one day only to book things. PP’s post means something else but is worded in a confusing way. You can make/change park reservations whenever you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter