WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I'm not able to make dining reservations either. My trip is 9/4-9/7, and I did have dining reservations booked for that time period that were cancelled by Disney. The site takes me all the way up to booking the reservation and then I get the Lady & The Tramp screen saying that I can't make ressies at this time. I think we just have to wait until the next set opens up. Good luck!

My trip is for 9/4-9/13 and I too had my initial reservations from months ago cancelled; I was able to book DS restaurants on the site today (my 60 day window) but for in-park reservations I had to call 407 WDW-DINE. I was getting errors trying to book those online; it would let me pick 9/7 for Le Cellier and showed me available times, but when I clicked a time I would also get that error:

MXRPFkq.png

On the phone, I was able to get Le Cellier, Oga's Cantina, and other in-park reservations made for my trip.

Does anyone have any information on what the plan would be in the event of a freak but very possible afternoon rain storm? I can't imagine everyone running into a ride or covered space will be a possibility...and can definitely leave many with very soggy shoes.

Does anyone have any information on what the plan would be in the event of a freak but very possible afternoon rain storm? I can't imagine everyone running into a ride or covered space will be a possibility...and can definitely leave many with very soggy shoes.
Not sure what you mean "what the plan would be"? The guests plan?
I was at DS yesterday and it started to rain and all the stores had cm making sure the store was under capacity so people had to wait outside to go in, even in the rain
My plan as a guest is just taking my umbrella

My trip is for 9/4-9/13 and I too had my initial reservations from months ago cancelled; I was able to book DS restaurants on the site today (my 60 day window) but for in-park reservations I had to call 407 WDW-DINE. I was getting errors trying to book those online; it would let me pick 9/7 for Le Cellier and showed me available times, but when I clicked a time I would also get that error:

MXRPFkq.png

On the phone, I was able to get Le Cellier, Oga's Cantina, and other in-park reservations made for my trip.

So you were able to book for your entire trip by calling? Tomorrow is 60 days for us.

I don't believe the 60 day window applies yet since they haven't opened reservations for after 9/2 to anyone.
Yes, they have. It’s 60 days out IF you had dining reservations when Disney wiped them all out. I was able to make a reservation yesterday for in park on September 3.

We did have dining reservations that were canceled but we fall with trip dates after 9/2 so that was why I was making sure the poster above was in the same situation and if calling in worked for their entire trip.

So we have 4 reservations/rooms/mde accounts on our upcoming extended family trip. 9/4-9/13... this morning I was able to book adrs under 3 of our 4 accounts. - All accounts had the original adrs wiped out by Disney, so not sure what the difference was. Had no problem with 3 of them, but with 1 account we could see the times etc. but then would get the L&T paws page.

We did have dining reservations that were canceled but we fall with trip dates after 9/2 so that was why I was making sure the poster above was in the same situation and if calling in worked for their entire trip.
If you're within 60 days, so checking in by 9/4 as of today:); you qualify to make adrs.

I'm sure stores will be manned to not go iver capacity, but I'm sure regular covered areas, large umbrellas etc. will have lots of ppl stuffed under them, as those won't be manned by CMs, so it'll be up to individual ppl. to determine if they feel the risk to stay in a crowded area to get out of rain is worth it.

So you were able to book for your entire trip by calling? Tomorrow is 60 days for us.

Yes.
For full context, my trip is for 9/4-9/13 at OKW (booked thru David's DVC site).
I had a bunch of reservations I made at my 180 day mark that were all cancelled as expected.

Today is my 60 day mark; I watched the website's reservation calendar change for me at 6AM eastern but when I tried Le Cellier, it didn't work (got that error). I didn't bother trying the other in-park ressies i wanted online after that, I just called 407 WDW-DINE right at 7AM when their offices opened and the CM was able to book me multiple in-park dining reservations during my stay (All are for days I already have park pass reservations for).

I did notice that the CM's reservations all had "guest 1"/"guest 2" for the names on them, and I was able to easily update them to our MDE profiles myself on the website after my call.

Yes.
For full context, my trip is for 9/4-9/13 at OKW (booked thru David's DVC site).
I had a bunch of reservations I made at my 180 day mark that were all cancelled as expected.

Today is my 60 day mark; I watched the website's reservation calendar change for me at 6AM eastern but when I tried Le Cellier, it didn't work (got that error). I didn't bother trying the other in-park ressies i wanted online after that, I just called 407 WDW-DINE right at 7AM when their offices opened and the CM was able to book me multiple in-park dining reservations during my stay (All are for days I already have park pass reservations for).

I did notice that the CM's reservations all had "guest 1"/"guest 2" for the names on them, and I was able to easily update them to our MDE profiles myself on the website after my call.

Thank you! I will plan on calling then in the morning if it does not work for me online.

Since I've been to WDW in Sept many many times and FL in Sept usually means a rain storm to one extent or the other almost every day..... this is the least of my worries. We always pack a poncho for each of us. I change from my sneakers and sox to rubber flip flops that won't absorb the water. We keep going with our park day. Trudging through the rain .... crowds are very low as only the die hards stay in the park. When the rain stops I put my wet flip flops and poncho in a plastic bag and put my dry sox and sneakers back on. A dry wash cloth or small towel and baby powder helps in the drying off. If rain starts again, repeat process.

Last edited:
Since I've been to WDW in Sept many many times and FL in Sept usually means a rain storm to one extent or the other almost every day..... this is the least of my worries. We always pack a poncho for each of us. I change from my sneakers and sox to rubber flip flops that won't absorb the water. We keep going with our park day. Trudging through the rain .... crowds are very low as only the die hards stay in the park. When the rain stops I put my wet flip flops and poncho in a plastic bag and put my dry sox and sneakers back on. A dry wash cloth or small towel and baby powder helps in the drying off. If rain starts again, repeat process.

Almost exactly how my family deals with the rain as we usually go end of August, beginning of September. When all five of us go, we need 2 backpacks for the ponchos, flip-fops, zip-lock bags, and recently....reusable straws. I'll have to add the baby powder and wash cloth and try that during our next trip.

Edited to add: This trip will also include many different types of masks in zip-lock bags.

In-park dining reservations open to everyone with a park pass reservation for a given date within 60 days as of sometime overnight.

Reservations for table service are not available for the preview dates.

Got Be Our Guest and Skipper Canteen on the 15th, Coral Reef Restaurant and Tutto Italia on 22nd, and Brown Derby on 23rd.

Wanted Oga's for 23rd, but all slots for parties of 2 or 3 have all reservation slots filled through July 27th.

Oga's appears to be limiting reservations for small parties to a very low number. Parties of 4 or more can still get pretty much whatever day they would like other than July 17th. I am guessing this is because they are limiting things to one party per table, and they don't want to waste those 8+ person side tables on parties of 3 or less.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter