WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

In-park dining reservations open to everyone with a park pass reservation for a given date within 60 days as of sometime overnight.

thanks! We are 60 days today and I got everything but had to book 4 people to get sci-fi instead of 2. I feel bad for that and will keep trying to find a 2 person reservation and cancel the 4. It wouldn’t let me modify down to 2 people so seems like sci-fi is doing the same as Oga’s

thanks! We are 60 days today and I got everything but had to book 4 people to get sci-fi instead of 2. I feel bad for that and will keep trying to find a 2 person reservation and cancel the 4. It wouldn’t let me modify down to 2 people so seems like sci-fi is doing the same as Oga’s
They may be doing that because of social distancing - it will just let you have a car to yourselves. If you cant get it changed, it won't be a problem

They may be doing that because of social distancing - it will just let you have a car to yourselves. If you cant get it changed, it won't be a problem
What happens if you book for 4 but only have 2 when you show up?

Has anyone tried booking 4, then modifying to 2?

I just made my ADRs for August. I made a reservation for Olga's on my DHS day. I wonder how it will be modified? Maybe no alcohol will be served?

Yes, I have....I just informed them at the podium when I checked in that we will only be 2. Sometimes my kids drop us and meet us with us later...lol. In my experience.....I have never had a problem, not that it happens often. I was just never able to add, sometimes my brother-in-law joins us last minute and it next to impossible in the parks to add a person. Hotel restaurants seem to be easier with that. Good luck...enjoy!

Answered by own question. We could reduce it two ways:
1. Booked 4, then modified down to 2.
2. Each person of the 4 who are not planning to go can go to MDE and click on "Remove Me" and that reduces the number.

Do we still get the voucher for free mini-golf as part of the Magical Extras for booking a package now that Fantasia Gardens is open?

Also how far in advance can we book reservations for mini golf?

Any idea when the BLT walkway will open? Another blog site says it isn't open today... we have a stay thursday-saturday for an AP preview. What is the best option if it isn't opened? Uber to TTC??

Any idea when the BLT walkway will open? Another blog site says it isn't open today... we have a stay thursday-saturday for an AP preview. What is the best option if it isn't opened? Uber to TTC??
I would like to know as well. We arrive on Sunday for a week and booked BLT just so we could walk to Magic Kingdom. Inquiring minds....

Answered by own question. We could reduce it two ways:
1. Booked 4, then modified down to 2.
2. Each person of the 4 who are not planning to go can go to MDE and click on "Remove Me" and that reduces the number.

I wasn’t able to modify it down to 2 people but they don’t charge for the missing people or anything. They only charge if no one shows up. 2 of our guests are unnamed. I have never had to do this before but have read where others have had no issue.

For those of you who are going soon after the reopening, kudos to you and I hope you have a wonderful trip.

I do have a suggestion (which I intend to do if I get to visit some parks before a vaccine): bring two pairs of gloves (regular gloves, not the plastic ones) and keep them in separate baggies in your backpack. Put on one of the pairs whenever you get into the interior area of a ride or shop. Thanks to AC, this won"t be onerous. Wearing gloves, you can touch handrails and other parts of the ride vehicle without worry. After the ride, wash the gloves with soap and water (along with your hands) and dry the gloves using the blow dryers. Leave that pair loose to air dry in your backpack, while you use the alternate pair of gloves on the next ride.

I would also throw both pairs in the wash at the hotel laundramat, several times during the trip.

Along with the masks, I think this will make your vacation safer.

No - please don't wash gloves. Your hands wash just fine.

Yes! Gloves give a false sense of security for long term daily use and are meant to be task oriented. Just be diligent with hand washing/sanitzer and not touching your face. Gloves are not necessary outside of a clinical setting where they can be used (and changed) appropriately.

Yes! Gloves give a false sense of security for long term daily use and are meant to be task oriented. Just be diligent with hand washing/sanitzer and not touching your face. Gloves are not necessary outside of a clinical setting where they can be used (and changed) appropriately.

Again, I was talking about regular gloves, not the clinical plastic kind. I wore that kind in our public transit system for months, why not inside at WDW? Of course, you shouldn't let any measure give you a false sense of security -- specifically, don't touch your face with gloves, just as you shouldn't touch your face with your fingers.

Again, I was talking about regular gloves, not the clinical plastic kind. I wore that kind in our public transit system for months, why not inside at WDW? Of course, you shouldn't let any measure give you a false sense of security -- specifically, don't touch your face with gloves, just as you shouldn't touch your face with your fingers.

Regular gloves would be a nightmare in the Florida heat, and you'd have to put them in the laundry. Just wash your hands.

It just seems like an unnecessary added annoyance to take gloves on and off. My plan is to wash my hands if possible after every ride or whenever I touch something. If not possible, I'm bringing Purell wipes and will clean my hands with those.

It just seems like an unnecessary added annoyance to take gloves on and off. My plan is to wash my hands if possible after every ride or whenever I touch something. If not possible, I'm bringing Purell wipes and will clean my hands with those.

Exactly! Just wash/hand sanitize before/after each attraction and before/after entering shops and buildings. Basically, if you touch something that's not on your body, then don't touch your face until you have thoroughly cleaned your hands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter