WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

One question I have that I hope we can find out. I know they are encouraging cashless payment, but will they take cash. For instance, if I use a gift card for dining, I typically leave tip in cash so I have true balance of gift card for the next time I want to use it. Or if I buy an ice cream or popcorn refill, I typically use cash for a small payment like that. And then sometimes I have enough cash to pay for things outright. So will they take cash or will it be refused?
they are still taking all forms of payments, they just would rather you do mobile ordering or cc when possible

Now that we have seen the attractions operating, has anyone calculated the ride capacities under these conditions?

I figure most attractions where they simply are skipping rows should be fairly straightforward. But what about something like Jungle Cruise? From a video I saw from yesterday, it looks like it must be operating around 20% of capacity (?).

What are the least affected and most affected attractions?
merged you to the existing operations thread
Disney doesn't disclose numbers but from personal experience it really depends. Like you say attractions like PP, buzz light year, triceratops spin, dumbo, are not affected at all cause they take one party of 2 or 3 anyways
The most affected will be JC, RotR, MFSR, that they sit you side by side with strangers
log/boat attractions will vary depending on the number in your party, for example Pirates is loading from and back rows but if you are a part of 4 or more they will load your party in the 2 back rows, if you are a single rider you get a row to yourself and thus affects the ride capacity

Ok, so roughy half off. $50 total is still a high price to pay for me and my now Disney adult 10 year old considering other options, but seems like a reasonable discount I guess.
$25 is about what the non-character buffet prices were prior to closure (the Wave, Boma, Trails End)

I’m not sure I’d eat $25 worth of what Chef Mickey’s is offering but I was ok paying that amount at Boma and the like considering it included coffee and juice. Olivia’s a la carte breakfast was $41.54 for two adults last week and we got considerably less food.

To add, the first round they bring you:

- Meat selection (salami, etc) and cheeses
- Lox with toppings
- Assorted bread/muffins
- Mini yogurt cups
- Assorted fruit (mainly mellons)

The second round was:
- Sausage, bacon, ham and egg platter
- Mickey waffle, pancake, French toast platter
- Hash browns/cheesy potato
- Tater tots

It’s all you can eat, ask for more of anything and they’ll bring it right away.

No characters as expected, not even that static Chef Mickey statue/plate pic you usually take when you walk in.

CMs were amazing and seemed very happy to be back.

Vibe was different with no characters and it being empty, but DS said it was the best meal all week, so there’s that.

Price for two adults: Total $53.25 including tax. I’m assuming that’s less than the normal price?
This is very helpful! I booked it for one morning. Seems to me the same price as The Wave buffet before, except maybe the choices are more straightforward (for example, plain pancakes instead of sweet potato pancakes), but plenty of choices. I wonder if there is a plant-based sausage available for vegetarians?

And I have a question for those of you there now or arriving soon. How is the spacing of tables on restaurants that are all indoor seating? I made reservations, but since masks are off while eating, this is the one area that I am a little unsure about. We have reservations at the resorts, the parks and Disney Springs and would love to know if there are some restaurants that are particularly great at capacity/distancing, or particularly bad.

This is very helpful! I booked it for one morning. Seems to me the same price as The Wave buffet before, except maybe the choices are more straightforward (for example, plain pancakes instead of sweet potato pancakes), but plenty of choices. I wonder if there is a plant-based sausage available for vegetarians?

And I have a question for those of you there now or arriving soon. How is the spacing of tables on restaurants that are all indoor seating? I made reservations, but since masks are off while eating, this is the one area that I am a little unsure about. We have reservations at the resorts, the parks and Disney Springs and would love to know if there are some restaurants that are particularly great at capacity/distancing, or particularly bad.
TS I've only done the wave and The Plaza they are spacing families in there. I think The Plaza is only using about 8 tables in total. QS same thing, leaving lots of tables empty at Pinnochios and Pecos Bill (the 2 I saw)

If I want to change a park reservation from one day to another and I have my 3 days, will it hold that first reservation until I pick a next day? Or once I hit continue will a day be deleted? Or is it like FP where it holds it until you confirm at the end?

Mine was test track and Swiss family tree house. I exited before completing it because I was afraid it was going to ask me about every single thing I had checked as having visited last time we went. :lol:

i got the Country Bear Jamboree and Philharmagic

If I want to change a park reservation from one day to another and I have my 3 days, will it hold that first reservation until I pick a next day? Or once I hit continue will a day be deleted? Or is it like FP where it holds it until you confirm at the end?
once you delete it's gone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter