WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

It would be nice if they made it so you could use the giftcards on your phone, but until then, it is what it is. We usually charge meals to our magic bands and then pay them off with giftcards at the hotel, but I think this trip we might just pay with the giftcards up front so I don't have to go to the front desk to pay it off.
Yes, I wish they would add gift cards like they did for mobile ordering, definitely make it easier!
I feel bad that they have to take it, was almost hoping they'd bring a card scanner to table so we could do it ourselves.
I guess we will be wiping our cards with a santi-wipe before for them, and after for us, just to be safe. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks! I was curious if they take the card like usual to run it. I know they were hoping to have "contactless" payments.
:)
It would be nice if they made it so you could use the giftcards on your phone, but until then, it is what it is. We usually charge meals to our magic bands and then pay them off with giftcards at the hotel, but I think this trip we might just pay with the giftcards up front so I don't have to go to the front desk to pay it off.
They still take the gift card from you (the folios containing the receipts now are paper and disposable, however). You can pay for mobile orders with a gift card in the app now for QS.

At the front desk of Riviera, they had me swipe my own gift card. They never touched it. So to minimize contact at TS you could pay with a room charge and swipe your own GC at the front desk. I was more leery of having to have the CM close to me for the magic band reader but my DH did it with no problems.

They still take the gift card from you (the folios containing the receipts now are paper and disposable, however). You can pay for mobile orders with a gift card in the app now for QS.

At the front desk of Riviera, they had me swipe my own gift card. They never touched it. So to minimize contact at TS you could pay with a room charge and swipe your own GC at the front desk. I was more leery of having to have the CM close to me for the magic band reader but my DH did it with no problems.
Oh, I do like this idea, thank you!
When do daily charges get ran to your card on file? I have never used my magic band for charges.:o

Kind of a 'niche' question, but has anyone noticed (or used) mobile ordering for a food allergy since the reopening, specifically if the list of places that allowed allergy mobile ordering has expanded? Last I was at WDW the ability to place a mobile order for allergy-friendly food was limited to just a few places.

Kind of a 'niche' question, but has anyone noticed (or used) mobile ordering for a food allergy since the reopening, specifically if the list of places that allowed allergy mobile ordering has expanded? Last I was at WDW the ability to place a mobile order for allergy-friendly food was limited to just a few places.
you can see the allergy menus on mobile order tab on MDE

When do daily charges get ran to your card on file? I have never used my magic band for charges.:o
I’m not entirely sure, you might be able to get clarification at the desk. I waited until my balance was over $200 and it didn’t show any charges to my card on file at the time, but after I checked out those charges were showing as pending. They dropped off without being charged to my card, but they were probably “in process” when I went to make the GC payment. I have heard of people using debit cards having problems with those authorization charges, so I always use a credit card with plenty of available credit limit on it. I think if you keep it under $200 and/or run your GC each night if you’re going to go over $200, you’d probably “beat” the charge to your card, but I would confirm with the resort if you can.

I think they told me last time around 2 am the day you checkout. We would charge stuff to the magic band and every couple days go to the front desk and pay it off with a gift card.

Yes, I wish they would add gift cards like they did for mobile ordering, definitely make it easier!
I feel bad that they have to take it, was almost hoping they'd bring a card scanner to table so we could do it ourselves.
I guess we will be wiping our cards with a santi-wipe before for them, and after for us, just to be safe. 🤷‍♀️
I was able to order 500 alcohol mini wipes on Amazon. They are like the onesused before a vaccine. I use them to wipe my cards after each use.

just a heads up they will hold $100 on the card when you check in and then if they close your bill (mine was closed and posted at 3am on my checkout day,) and then you make another purchase after the bill is closed they will hold another $100, my bank didn't release the hold until 3 days after checkout

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter