WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Thanks for the information.

I am only making a few reservations for sit-down/indoor restaurants, but cannot wait for September 3rd on -with previous reservations canceled by Disney to open for the next set of resort guests.

Indoor restaurants are the most dangerous. You can wait, since it's the only choice you have.

Thanks for the information.

Yes, my reservations were canceled from a previous trip in May. My current trip starts on September 3rd, so my 60 day window begins today. The system states that I am ineligible to make ADR reservations. Has anyone had an luck making reservations past September 2nd?
I was able to make all of mine for 6 day stay back on my 60 day mark. I’m there Aug 30 to September 5. I started the process via MDE, it connected me to the Disney website and when I started trying to find available restaurants, it wasn’t showing beyond August 30..... the problem I had was that it didn’t auto log me in when going from MDE to the website using the MDE generated link. Log in again once you get to the website....maybe try that?

I was able to make all of mine for 6 day stay back on my 60 day mark. I’m there Aug 30 to September 5. I started the process via MDE, it connected me to the Disney website and when I started trying to find available restaurants, it wasn’t showing beyond August 30..... the problem I had was that it didn’t auto log me in when going from MDE to the website using the MDE generated link. Log in again once you get to the website....maybe try that?
Thanks - tried your suggestion, but it still does not work. I think the problem is that my resort stay starts on September 3rd - one day shy of the September 2nd end date.

Thanks - tried your suggestion, but it still does not work. I think the problem is that my resort stay starts on September 3rd - one day shy of the September 2nd end date.
I just made a reservation for September 3. I do not have a resort stay at that time. You should call and see if they can help you.
F4FF6115-E259-4783-BF6D-8E1FF21FB09E.jpeg

Yeah, a blog site ran a rumor about it. Seems a bit of a stretch to me, but who knows I guess. I’m a big Minnie Van fan, would hate to see it not return once we get back to a point where it is deemed safe.
The person who originated the Minnie Van rumor has now admitted that he made it up. His purpose was to show that the person to whom he gave the info posts rumors without checking. The source of the rumor claimed to be a CM Minnie Van driver. I can't post the website involved since it's on the DISboards filter.

The person who originated the Minnie Van rumor has now admitted that he made it up. His purpose was to show that the person to whom he gave the info posts rumors without checking. The source of the rumor claimed to be a CM Minnie Van driver. I can't post the website involved since it's on the DISboards filter.
Just a reminder THIS is not the rumors board
All of it is a rumor at this point, be it the blog site that posted or the tweet that says they fed wrong info to the vlogger. It is all rumor and like I always say, NEVER believe anything anyone or any site says until Disney Parks Blog or WDW post it on their sites.

Disney has released more Hollywood Studios Park Passes for Resort Guests!

Was able to get both July 15 and July 17.

They must have received a lot of complaints-great Guest Service to respond to the situation.

Now,after being all set to go,we saw the Thread on the Community Board a few days ago and are having SERIOUS second thoughts-hadn't considered we were being "selfish" or should feel "guilt",but after reading that Thread we are battling those emotions.
https://disboards.com/threads/wdw-should-not-open-in-july-discuss.3806387/

You should go ahead and enjoy your vacation at WDW and ignore that entire thread. You decide what's best for YOU and YOUR family. Don't do something just because a few people on the Internet think you should make different choices.

The availability came up as guests are cancelling their reservations and/or vacations. Any previously booked are being added back in as they arise in the system.
I thought of that but thought it might be one here and one there-didn't think it would be LOTS at once.

Guess I was giving the Legendary Disney Guest Service too much credit!lol :)

And also another site described it as "WDW Adds Availability" so that threw me off as well.

Last edited:
Thanks, the poster I quoted made it sound like Disney had upped the number of people they were leading into the parks.
Sorry about that!

I knew there was the possibility of a cancellation here and there,but wasn't expecting LOTS at once so I chalked it up to the Legendary Disney Guest Service!lol :)

And also another site described it as "WDW Adds Availability" so that threw me off as well.

Last edited:
You should go ahead and enjoy your vacation at WDW and ignore that entire thread. You decide what's best for YOU and YOUR family. Don't do something just because a few people on the Internet think you should make different choices.
Thanks for the advice. :)

Very tough decision-of all the things that could have keep me from a WDW Trip,I NEVER,EVER thought it could be a PANDEMIC!!!!

Absolutely CRAZY time to be alive!

Thank you. I did call and the Cast member told me that I was ineligible for reservations at this time. I am going to try one more time. Love the Brown Derby.
Don't stress too much. Brown Derby almost always has multiple spots available. I know it's hard to wait, but that's one of the restaurants that's easy to get. Once they open things up to everyone, you will be fine.

Yes, my reservations were canceled from a previous trip in May.
Thank you. I did call and the Cast member told me that I was ineligible for reservations at this time. I am going to try one more time. Love the Brown Derby.

Did you have dining reservations between 5/28 - 9/2 canceled, or a whole reservation earlier in May? I believe the access to ADRs is for those who had dining reservations which WDW canceled starting 5/28/2020. So if you had a trip earlier in May that was canceled, you aren't included in the early-access to ADRs right now.

I'm not able to make dining reservations either. My trip is 9/4-9/7, and I did have dining reservations booked for that time period that were cancelled by Disney. The site takes me all the way up to booking the reservation and then I get the Lady & The Tramp screen saying that I can't make ressies at this time. I think we just have to wait until the next set opens up. Good luck!

Oops, didn't realize. I thought I had to wait for my 60 days to make any reservations. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter