• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Did It We Did It

Kurby

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
OH MY GOD now i'm scared.

I just got of the phone - LITERALLY JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE with Judy at DVC membership

we just bought 210 points at AK

September UY

wow -

i don't know what to say - it sounds stupid but i'm kinda shaking a little.

Congratulations! It's a big purchase so I think it's understandable that you feel a mixture of excitement and, well, fear (as in, "what did I just do?!?!")

I saw in another thread where you mentioned you really like AKL and the animals there. I think you will be very happy with your purchase, especially after you stay there for the first time and it all sinks in that actually own a bit of the place! So welcome home, neighbor!

I can totally relate. My wife and I are waiting for ROFR currently, and I'm trying to make sure that we don't get in over our heads (I'm a teacher so my income.. is not good). If I were to buy in for that much at AKV I'd be very nervous. But think about it this way, once you have the initial payment done, it will basically be all gravy then!!!

I'm sure it will all work out for you, and you'll enjoy your purchase for years to come! Congrats to you!!!

Well, nobody will claim that you didn't do your homework here! ;)

Congratulations, and WELCOME HOME!! :cool1:

oh god - do i have to start planning that now??

we won't be going down again until next spring or fall - i have until end of feb to figure out when so we can bank points if we don't use them before next sept. who knows - maybe we'll have 420 points for our first trip :)

this must have been a good day for Judy. we bought a 100 point add on around 11 am this morning.

AKV - 2007

really, that's funny.

i called around 7.30 tonight with full intention of leaving a message for her to call us back tomorrow and to my surprise she answered the phone.

actually it was kinda funny because it took me a second or two to answer her when she said "hi this is judy" i was waiting for the rest of the message but it was her live :lmao:

i'm still hoping we did the right thing - i know it will go away when we arrive for our first trip

Kurby, DH and I own at BCV and added on at AKV, I just want to say 'Enjoy'.
Our only regret was not buying years sooner than we did.

I'm not sure I can say welcome home yet because I haven't closed, but I have passed ROFR and so sort of welcome home from another new DVC'er.

Just think of it as a pre-payed vacation and you will never feel anxious. I only bought a 150 at SSR through resale and I had a bit of anxiousness. I think that is common. Enjoy your AKV resort.

Money will be spent eventually but memories last forever!

CONGRATULATIONS. WELCOME HOME. I'm Considering an AKV add on. Since you are a new member, what deal did you get? any 2006 points or only 2007? Thanks for your response in advance.:)

CONGRATULATIONS. WELCOME HOME. I'm Considering an AKV add on. Since you are a new member, what deal did you get? any 2006 points or only 2007? Thanks for your response in advance.:)

we took the $8 off each point because we aren't planning on coming down before the end of 2007 and if we took the developers points they would just expire on us. saved us about $1680

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter