• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We have 2 pirates & 3 princesses to feed!: Our March 2017 trip with the QSDP *FINAL UPDATE 4/25*

I also wanted to add that they give you pretty good sized portions at Everything Pop. I've read in the past stories of them weighing fries, but we never experienced that. Sometimes they gave our kids too much fries, lol! More Everything Pop pics and some Pop Century pics :goodvibes:
DSCN3358_zps44a9rowg.jpg

DSCN3360_zps526bw9wm.jpg

DSCN2939_zpssdzrbfwg.jpg

DSCN2682_zpscg2gdanb.jpg

DSCN2678_zpsintg9rtq.jpg

DSCN2676_zpsgrsmzmfy.jpg

Next up:
Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest breakfast, Columbia Harbour House lunch, Whispering Canyon dinner, and too many Dole whips??

I'm here! AND YUM. I am hungry!

Yay, glad you're here! Thanks for reading along March friend!

What a gorgeous family you have! Just adorable and handsome all around! We have a few things in common as I have a DS 14 on the spectrum, a 10 year old DD (10 going on 18, lol) and a DS 8. Can't wait to follow along on your adventures!!

Thank you and welcome. Wow, our kids are a lot alike!

Looks like you got a great room location too. Those desserts do look good. I have heard great things about their food court as well.

The food court gets our thumbs up, lol :thumbsup2 and yes, we had an excellent room location. We were originally assigned 90's building 8 ground floor, but when we arrived I went to the front desk and asked if there was any availability in a location closer to Classic Hall and within minutes we were switched over to the 50's building 3 third floor. We were so fortunate to get connecting rooms in such an awesome location. Truly pixie dust magic. :goodvibes

The food court gets our thumbs up, lol :thumbsup2 and yes, we had an excellent room location. We were originally assigned 90's building 8 ground floor, but when we arrived I went to the front desk and asked if there was any availability in a location closer to Classic Hall and within minutes we were switched over to the 50's building 3 third floor. We were so fortunate to get connecting rooms in such an awesome location. Truly pixie dust magic. :goodvibes

That's great I heard the rooms on the lake side were quieter too. I love the kids with Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head so cute. I miss that beautiful blue sky we had the best weather didn't we.

Day 2: Thursday 3/2 - Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest breakfast

Today was our first park day, Magic Kingdom. We had some yummy meals and treats on this day. First up was our pre-park opening breakfast at Be Our Guest. Since this is a counter service meal, we were able to use our dining plan credits for this. This was our first time eating at Be Our Guest. It was open during our spring 2013 trip, but back then they didn't do reservations for lunch, hadn't yet started offering breakfast, and we didn't even try for a dinner ADR so it was extremely difficult to experience eating here. We decided to eat breakfast here instead of lunch because my crew wasn't too fond of the menu options for lunch but I still wanted us to experience eating in Beast's castle so breakfast it was! Breakfast here seems pretty popular and is bustling, but once you get through the check in line they bring your food out pretty swiftly. I think the key is to have the pre-order done online ahead of time so that way you are seated quickly. We all (except DD15) had the Feast A la Gaston which is a standard breakfast platter (sausage, eggs, potatoes, bacon, and fruit). It was good, but my eggs tasted a little dry. I liked the potatoes and fresh fruit. You also get a platter of pastries with breakfast which we didn't finish because we decided to use snack credits to try the Master's Cupcake (aka the grey stuff) which was pure heaven. Definitely recommend that if anything else, lol! DD15 had the open-faced bacon and egg sandwich. She gave it a thumbs up :thumbsup2. We decided to eat in the Grand Ballroom and enjoyed the experience. Having a counter service meal where your food is brought to your table is a nice change of pace. This meal is definitely worth a counter service meal credit if you are on the dining plan.

EEF1B284-4D2B-4BF4-A263-49215B26819F_zpssp7fweme.jpg

BBC2151D-3C60-41AD-84B9-98094CC0CC17_zpskxec221v.jpg

11F42D6C-B8FF-403E-8A49-FEC8E8CE1D2B_zpscvkhtpod.jpg

DSCN2536_zpsf8rhfvan.jpg

DSCN2537_zpsnxauusie.jpg

C2BBAE9D-A9DC-4536-A77D-8DF1691CEA12_zpsb9t4nmc2.jpg

3B048800-372E-4B39-80B4-5201C9815C13_zpsbeyh39td.jpg

Loving your report so far and just have to say PRECIOUS family pictures! All of you are just adorable! Warms my heart to see families together like that! :love:

I'm in. You have a beautiful family!

We usually do CS too, so I like to get an idea of what to try when we go. We'll be going in June and we get one CS meal a day with our reservation.

Loving your report so far and just have to say PRECIOUS family pictures! All of you are just adorable! Warms my heart to see families together like that! :love:

Thank you so much!

I'm in. You have a beautiful family!

We usually do CS too, so I like to get an idea of what to try when we go. We'll be going in June and we get one CS meal a day with our reservation.

Wonderful, thanks for reading!

Loving the report and pics! Looks like the family is having a blast!:D

Thank you, we all had a blast on this trip. Third time was truly the charm!

So even though we used some snack credits to get the grey stuff cupcakes at Be Our Guest, it was time to use some more snack credits and indulge in some more treats ::yes::

We got some of these.....

a4fa9811-e412-4b01-b244-f112de9f01e1_zpszbzhbj7j.jpg

And I, oops, I meant WE , got a few of these :rolleyes1 ....... ( I look a little too happy here about getting some Dole whip floats :lmao:)
c607849c-037b-4bf8-ac54-e7f74abeb49c_zps6fljp7or.jpg

We also purchased a souvenir popcorn bucket. You can't use the dining plan for this but it was a great deal. $10 for the souvenir bucket and initial fill up of popcorn; and you can have the bucket refilled at a popcorn stand in any of the four main parks for $1.50. I don't believe there is a limit to how many refills you can get or when they will stop allowing the refills. We love having the souvenir popcorn buckets. At home we use them for family movie nights. :thumbsup2

DSCN3208_zpsg8tijony.jpg

Thursday 3/2 - Magic Kingdom, Columbia Harbour House lunch

It was around 1:00pm when we were ready for lunch so we headed to Columbia Harbour House. This MK gem has plenty of seating so DH was able to stake out a table and wait with DS15, DD10, and DD3 while DD15, DS8, and I handled ordering and bringing back the trays of food and drinks. The food here is delicious and I unfortunately didn't get many photos of our meal here. DH, DS8, and DD10 had the fried shrimp with fries platter, I had the salmon with couscous and vegetables, DD15 had the shrimp macaroni and cheese meal, DD3 had the kids macaroni meal, and DS15 had the chicken breast nuggets and fried fish platter with fries.
624826FA-EED3-49E8-8EA0-82DACA3F3080_zpsu1b3iml0.jpg

Somehow, popcorn from Disney is the best popcorn! Looks like everyone is having a great time!

Absolutely! Disney popcorn has that pixie dust yummy-ness :thumbsup2. Even though we had the dining plan and abundant snack credits, my kids are always hungry and would devour a bucket (or two) of popcorn easily. :laughing:

What a beautiful family!!!! My 14 year old DD is on the spectrum as well and we have the QSDP for our upcoming trip in May. I am following your report so thank you for posting it.

Thursday 3/2 -Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner

Our fun, productive day at MK was coming to a close and it was time to head over to the Wilderness Lodge resort for our 5:30 pm Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner ADR which was the first of our three table service reservations. Our goal was to be back at MK to see Wishes at 8pm for one last time. So having dinner at WCC on our first MK day worked out beautifully. We took the boat launch from MK directly to WL which was both convenient and serene. When we got to the WL, DS8 perked up and asked if we were going to the Great Wolf Lodge :confused3. Yes son, you are in for the ultimate kids vacation! A day at Magic Kingdom coupled with a stay at the Great Wolf Lodge waterpark resort! :laughing:
5EEC75B0-C25E-438E-B1D9-C56B08A599D3_zpsy2zgfmh1.jpg

DSCN2627_zpsao3yhnj3.jpg

BB43E119-8A68-4C7E-8229-941A423BD0CB_zpsuwthkwbv.jpg

B24BBAB8-D372-4391-83F3-11701602B862_zpsggprm6ri.jpg

Last edited:
if we were going to the Great Wolf Lodge :confused3. Yes son, you are in for the ultimate kids vacation! A day at Magic Kingdom coupled with a stay at the Great Wolf Lodge waterpark resort! :laughing:
OMG!! That is just so precious! Kids are hillarious somethimes!

I love BOG-I love it for lunch AND I love it for breakfast, even if it is overpriced!-but I figure I am actually paying for early entrance to the parks ;) We usually go twice, I've never been on the DDP but I can see that it would be an excellent use of QS credits.

I also really enjoy CHH-they have such fresh food, again for a QS!!

When we checked in for our reservation we were given a pager and we sat in the lobby. WL is really a beautiful resort, but I didn't want to admit to DS8 that yes I was kind of reminded of the Great Wolf, lol! When we were seated the tables, large windows, and layout reminded me a little of 'Ohana from when we had dinner there on our last trip. I knew we were in for a lively dinner as there were trays slamming, clattering, the servers yelling across the room. My first concern was DS15. At the end of the day, especially the last meal of the day, he can get anxious and agitated easily and just be done with it all with some of his sensory sensitivities. So I made sure to keep a close eye on him; but in all honesty he was just fine during the meal. DD10 and DS8 thought it was the best meal experience ever and loved the noise and antics. They did the horse stick races around the restaurant twice. At one point I asked for a straw and our server threw about a dozen at me towards my head and DD10 laughed so hard she was nearly in tears! And of course there is the ketchup......
2384D883-F651-4077-A555-C01E4AF77A96_zpsky5gfeju.jpg

DSCN2644_zpscznz1zey.jpg

DSCN2640_zpsyl6vm8gl.jpg

DSCN2642_zpsy7ylhkk0.jpg

DSCN2641_zpslwzb4hjd.jpg

DSCN2638_zps8skgbstr.jpg

The food is delicious as it looks. We all (except DS15 and DH), had the all you care to eat skillet with ribs, pulled pork, chicken, kielbasa, baked beans, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, and vegetables. You also get salad and a basket of cornbread. I can say that the meat was prepared well. Tasty, moist, and tender. I'm not a fan of tough, dry meat so I was very pleased. DH had the St. Louis ribs dinner, and DS15 had chicken fingers and fries. We all had the yummy bottomless milkshakes that come in the mason jars, but we were so full that we didn't even finish the milkshakes! So no truly bottomless milkshakes for us, lol!
With full bellies we happily took the boat launch back over to the MK and got there in time to find a good spot to see Wishes for the last time :sad1:.

4a615dce-ab51-4ad7-b9ee-44cc588f29b2_zps3gqmd2bk.jpg

F8BCCBEF-F02B-425C-91F8-40C5D6111E05_zpsrrfib6tz.jpg

9E56217B-87D5-4B41-8D70-52F9E052BB8B_zpsu7e6rjoc.jpg

Up next: Epcot - Lotus Blossom Cafe, Sunshine Seasons, F&G treats, and... Chef Mickey's - the end of an era?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter