• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We have 2 pirates & 3 princesses to feed!: Our March 2017 trip with the QSDP *FINAL UPDATE 4/25*

What a beautiful family!!!! My 14 year old DD is on the spectrum as well and we have the QSDP for our upcoming trip in May. I am following your report so thank you for posting it.

Thank you for reading and I'd love to hear how your trip goes with your DD.

OMG!! That is just so precious! Kids are hillarious somethimes!

I love BOG-I love it for lunch AND I love it for breakfast, even if it is overpriced!-but I figure I am actually paying for early entrance to the parks ;) We usually go twice, I've never been on the DDP but I can see that it would be an excellent use of QS credits.

I also really enjoy CHH-they have such fresh food, again for a QS!!

Yes, DS8 is my little comedian :laughing:.
I think BOG breakfast is also nice in that everyone doesn't have to order. Since you get that pastry platter with an entree, one or two people could just eat off that with some juice or coffee. CHH is definitely one of MK's best CS restaurants. :thumbsup2

Signing on to hear more You're family is incredibly adorable!!

Thank you and welcome!

What an incredible day!! I'm impressed that your children made it thorugh all of that!

Yes it was a very accomplished and fun day; and my kids weren't worn out by any means. DD3 didn't even nap in her stroller on that day, but we were still very early on in our trip so that didn't last long, lol! When we got back to Pop after Wishes, we played in the arcade until 10pm :laughing:.

Stupid work getting in the way of my DIS time :rotfl2::rotfl:
Love the BOG breakfast unfortunately because we travel during Spring Break and Thanksgiving we always lose our PPO breakfast when they extend the park hours :sad1:
I love all the family pics especially the ones from Wishes :goodvibes
CHH is our favorite CS in MK so good
WCC is yummy and a lot of fun
We stayed at the WL our first visit as a family and had our first meal at WCC :goodvibes
Love all your pics

Stupid work getting in the way of my DIS time :rotfl2::rotfl:
Love the BOG breakfast unfortunately because we travel during Spring Break and Thanksgiving we always lose our PPO breakfast when they extend the park hours :sad1:
I love all the family pics especially the ones from Wishes :goodvibes
CHH is our favorite CS in MK so good
WCC is yummy and a lot of fun
We stayed at the WL our first visit as a family and had our first meal at WCC :goodvibes
Love all your pics

Same here, I couldn't do another installment this evening because of work. I loved visiting the beautiful WL and we definitely plan to return to WCC at some point. The food was awesome!

I love dining reports and so fun to see more QS places reviewed, what a great family trip for all of you!

Thank you, and it was my hope that a QS oriented report would be both helpful and well received.

Looks like a great day with lots of yummy food! Loved your Wishes pictures :)

PS: Your kids are adorable!

Thank you, and I am so happy we got to see Wishes on this trip.

Love reading your reviews so far! We are headed to the world with our 9 kids in just a few weeks, so I love hearing from larger than average families!

Ooh, I would love to read about your trip with 9 kids when you return. Amazing!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this report. We are doing to QSDP for the first time in June and this is so very helpful. I look forward to reading more about your adorable family's adventures!

Day 3: Friday 3/3 - Chef Mickey's breakfast

Chef Mickey's breakfast was our family's first Disney character meal back on our first trip in 2011:

DSC01920_zpslqbvzkyg.jpg

We loved it so much we went back to Chef Mickey's breakfast on our second trip in 2013:

DSCN1073_zpsf1bd3f2a.jpg

Feeling that this was a kind of "Disney" trip tradition for us we booked the breakfast again for this trip, lol!:

767D440B-45A0-4ED9-97A3-D79A7AAB8EEB_zpssqhugwg8.jpg

Our breakfast ADR wasn't until 10:15 a.m. so we took our time getting up and ready. Our plan for after Chef Mickey's was to get to Epcot by 12 noon and stay until right before Illuminations. We took the bus to MK from Pop; and from the MK we walked to the iconic Contemporary Resort. This walk was really nice and super easy; and it seemed faster than getting on and riding the resort monorail from MK to the Contemporary.

DSCN2708_zps5ccpdgkk.jpg

DSCN2711_zpshp9ew46s.jpg

We all know Chef Mickey's has a reputation on these boards. People either love it or despise it :laughing:. So what brought us back a third time? We've been fortunate to actually have had very good experiences here. Each time we've dined here (for breakfast), the food and character interaction were both pretty good. It is one of those meal experiences that oozes Disney to us. It is festive, colorful, fun, and the buffet has a wide selection of yummy food. For breakfast, Chef Mickey's has the standard items like Mickey waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, carved ham, biscuits, pancakes, cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. but they also have their signature breakfast quiche (my favorite) and breakfast pizza. You also can't beat getting to meet the fab five (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald) in one place; and seeing the monorail go by above the restaurant is really cool :goodvibes. My family loves it here (Mickey's celebratory napkin waving dance and all); but this day was most likely the "end of an era" for us. We most likely won't go back to Chef Mickey's :sad1:. Not because of anything negative, but I feel it's time for us to move on and diversify our dining portfolio :laughing:. Chef Mickey's is one of the, if not the most, expensive character meals at Disney; and breakfast here was a $300 meal for our family :crazy2:. We could do two other non-character table service restaurants we've been wanting to try for what it costs us to eat here :laughing:. I didn't get the greatest photos of our food, but it was good and the buffet seems to be replenished often.

Caught DD3 texting while eating :laughing:
DSCN2731_zpsksdhv34k.jpg

DD10's plate :laughing:
DSCN2716_zps8lmj48nb.jpg

DD10 and DS8 raiding the pastry/dessert bar :laughing:
D5FE63DE-AF39-45A2-ADDD-92028831F745_zpsaeqry1og.jpg

Mickey and my crew :goodvibes
IMG_0650_zps06axn0yv.jpg

One last thing about the character interaction. The characters came around one by one very soon after we were seated and DD3 freaked out for some reason and was kind of terrified. I'm not sure if she wasn't expecting them (this was her very first character meal experience) or thought the Mickey statue we took our picture with at the beginning of the meal was all the Mickey she was going to see :laughing:. So, they each kind of made quick u-turns away from our table and left :laughing:. About 15 minutes or so later, the characters each slowly came back one by one to our table, almost as if they wanted to give us a do over, lol! DD3's temperament was completely more relaxed and ready (see above and below photos :laughing:) . Truly a magical moment for us!:goodvibes

7B28C586-7792-4DFC-AD70-2D33ACCA2453_zpsnmair8ut.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my goodness your youngest DD and her adorable expressions :goodvibes
That's so great that the characters backed off then returned such great pictures
I'd forgotten what a nice walk it was from the CR to MK and you're right it's so much quicker than the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter