• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

we signed on the dotted line...so let the fun (planning begin!)

JenniferLeigh

Earning My Ears
Greetings to all!

As I am new to this, be patient! :rolleyes1

My Fiance,Jordan 24, and I, Leigh 23, met at a wedding Aug. 4, 2007. I caught the bouquet and he was a groomsmen...and all was history from there!
He then proposed on our Disney Spring Break vacation (March 2008). It was a total suprise to me, considering 2 weeks before we left he came out and told me not to expect a proposal any time soon. I didn't think twice about him fibbing cause he said the same thing right before Valentine's and it didn't happen then. So the day of his birthday (March 17) was just a perfect day! Everything seemed to just be Disney perfect!! We had the most amazing dinner at Coral Rief in EPCOT magic hours at MK then a nice walk on the sand at our hotel (Poly.) He took me to this spot (that is actually where they have the Escape Weddings) and it was simply the most amazing view ever!! It was so so late at night and there was not a sole around and between the lights of the castle and the palm trees gently swaying around us...IT WAS MAGICAL!! Then the next thing I know Jordan gets down on one knee and says, "Help me make my birthday that much more special and be my WIFE!" All I could say was SERIOUSLY!!! I was so shocked!! Most everyone back home (in Oklahoma) knew so they all were anxiously setting by the phone!

Our last dinner as bf/gf...
DSC03209.jpg

MY BEAUTIFUL RING...
DSC03240.jpg

It's really true!!!...
DSC03238.jpg

this is the first pic of us engaged, didn't have my camera with me when he actually proposed.

Wedding plans:
As Jordan, my Fiance, can't remember a summer that didn't include Disney and he worked there through the college program 2004-2005, but our proposal trip was my first time. Why not just get married in the most magical place on Earth?! Gives us another excuse to go back!:yay:
We have put our deposit down and are ready for the next steps! We have decided to have our ceremony at the WP and our reception at EPCOT Living Seas (in light of our last dinner as bf/gf couple was the aquarium our first dinner as husband/wife will also be the EPCOT aquarium.) The date is June 11, 2009.
As I know this PJ is early why not start getting other ideas from all you creative gals! So let me know what ya think! If there is anything else I left out or that you want to know...JUST ASK!

What a fabulous proposal story!!! Congratulations to you and your fiance! The living seas is going to be a fabulous reception location. All the weddings I've seen (well pics) there have been beautiful! Can't wait to hear more details!

Welcome and Congratualtions! Can't wait ot hear about your wedding plans!

Your so lucky to have signed already, Im waiting very (im)patiently for Sept 18th when I can sign and start proper planning!

What a fabulous proposal story!!! Congratulations to you and your fiance! The living seas is going to be a fabulous reception location. All the weddings I've seen (well pics) there have been beautiful! Can't wait to hear more details!
Thank you all for your blessings! It is nice to receive ideas from others that are hosting the same type of wedding!

Val-could you tell me where you have seen pics of weddings at the Living Seas! I would love to see what it looks like for a reception! I have yet to come across any and it would be nice to see what they did. (of course I have seen pics of the location just not in wedding decor.)

Welcome and congrats!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all your plans. It's never too early for a PJ!!!! :banana:

Congratulations and welcome!!! I know how great that feels to have a "real" wedding date!! I am using the same locations and getting married about a month after you!! Can't wait to hear all of your plans ! Good luck ! :-)

I think I tried on almost 12 dresses but only at 2 boutiques and then one that I would not have tried on, the gal helping me told me to give it a shot...and here it is...MY WEDDING DRESS!!!
I must say though, I look much much better in it! The model doesn't fill it out enough to do it justice. When I get the pic of me in it from my MOH I will post it. Its a Maggie Sottero, Vienna.

dress.aspx

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress....keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=8&style=A3021

I love your dress!! I'm a maggie bride as well and I totally agree those girls don't fill the dresses out enough! LOL! :rotfl2:

Loev your dress!! It's beautiful!

As for pics of Living Seas, check out Vanessa's (figmentfan814) PJ. Her reception was at Living Seas and it was beautiful.

Loev your dress!! It's beautiful!

As for pics of Living Seas, check out Vanessa's (figmentfan814) PJ. Her reception was at Living Seas and it was beautiful.

Thank you very much!! I did indeed check out her wedding and it was beautiful and offered some great tips!!

Hello!!
Some updates, not too many tho. Joe informed us that they are updating the booklets STD's so we opted to wait until late Oct to use the new ones to send to our guests. I can't wait to see what they look like. I am very confident that they will look great! Plus, that is when we were planning to send the STD's out anyway!
I have been doing some research and getting ideas from other gals and let me tell you...YOU GIRLS ARE SO DARN CREATIVE!!! THANK YOU!! :) I really have gotten some great tips from everyone!
The one think I'm still looking for is ideas on different songs to walk down the isle to. We are not doing to much of a traditional wedding example...the song that we are doing our candle lighting to is an acoustic version of Foo Fighters Everlong. This song is so special to us. So you ladies have any ideas for me? I love Frank Sinatra & Dean Martin type of music.

O...and we are planning our PS for mid Jan. We will just have missed all the Christmas decor but it doesn't fit into our schedule until then. I graduate form College the second weekend in Dec...YAY!!!!! and Jordan graduates the weekend after I do...YAY!!! then it Christmas then it's college football BCS bowl games (we are huge football fans!! BOOMER SOONER) I am super excited for so many things!!! I know time will just fly!

You had such a romantic proposal! How special to be proposed to at the Happiest Place on Earth! We had just left the World before you came down for your engagement trip (we left on the 10th).

From one Living Seas bride to another, you definitely won't be disappointed. It actually wasn't my first pick for a location (we outgrew our first choice) but in the end it was perfect. Our guests loved looking through the windows at the aquarium. We're going to go to Coral Reef to celebrate our 1st anniversary.

Your dress is beautiful; I love all the beading that it looks like is on the entire gown :bride:

So progress is really coming along!! Our wedding planner contacted us and I am pleased to say that we are going to be working with Diane Bowen! I almost didn't catch her name when she called because I was so caught off guard. I couldn't stop smiling after I got off the phone w/ her. It is so exciting to be getting all this planning really going! We are slowly but surely picking our music for the ceremony, although we will probably provide a lot of our own music, and choosing a cake. We also got our Annual passes and can't wait to go in Jan for our PS to use them!! :yay:

We sent out a Wedding Newsletter keeping all our guests up to date and they really loved it! But I must say I got a lot or our ideas that we put into it from ideas I have read here!! Everyone loved it, so it was a definite success. Disney has created a new STD and they are FABULOUS!!! They are so nice that we aren't going to send out our own formal invitation b/c nothing could trump what they have created. Instead we are going to do a "look forward to" card about 8 weeks B4 the wedding w/ an engagement pic included. This is most definitely saving us money for formal invites!! :thumbsup2

Speaking of engagement pictures, we are having our done in 2 weeks by a Sorority sister that is building her portfolio. She is so fabulous that I want to get her b4 she gets famous!! lol We also booked our wedding photographer too....RANDY CHAPMAN!!! He is just so talented and I look forward to working with him, not to mention, his prices are way reasonable...more so than I thought they would be.

My dress should be in towards mid November! I bought my wedding shoes today!! They are too cute and I am going to have them dyed the same color as the bridesmaid dresses. They are from David's Bridal and their name is "Marissa" the color I'm having them dyed is "Apple" its more of a crimson color in person, where on the computer its more red. Our colors are Crimson and Cream (Boomer Sooner) My Grandma is coming to OKlahoma from Tennessee for a weekend visit and I'm going to surprise her w/ a visit to the Boutique to get a sneak peak of my dress!! I think she is going to make me cry!! :hug:

There are so many things that I have to be looking forward to that time is just flying by! WE BOTH ARE GRADUATING FROM COLLEGE IN 10 WEEKS!!! JUST 10!! But let me tell you there is a lot to be done in those 10 weeks!

Yeah for updates! Wow!You have alot going on and alot of wonderful things to look forward too! best wishes and enjoy every minute of it! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!:goodvibes

Just found your PJ. So belated welcome!!! What a great story. love the dress!! yay for getting a planner.

Congrats! I love your dress! Mine was the same way. I absolutely hated it on the model and on the hanger.. but I loved it on me! Wierd how that works!

Sounds like you have a lot of stuff planned! Good Luck!

Welcome! I'm a fellow June 2009 bride AND having it at the WP and LSS too! Small world! We did our site visit this past June and it's absolutely beautiful in there! Pictures don't do it justice at all.

Your gown is absolutely beautiful and your proposal story is so romantic!

Best of luck planning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter