We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

Yikes is right! What is it with some people???

I know the feeling! Trying to get my three in a pic is never easy! This one of the two of you is sweet. :)

Aren't teenagers fun in the morning???/

Looks like a gorgeous day!

This looks like a great meal! I wonder if you could have the black beans as a side instead?

This looks yummo! Can you get it at the QS too or only at the festival booth?
We meet all kinds at Disney, right? Nice ones like you and very cranky ones lol!
Andi is pretty good about pp because she knows how much I like getting the pictures, but it can be a chore at times!
Andi can be cranky in the am for sure!
Good question about the cauliflower at QS I am not sure, that would be awesome

Oh man, we do this all the time. We rarely worry about EMH so its always a surprise when we get there "late." Planning on actually hitting a few EMH in August though, largely so we can do more of the Toy Story rides and enjoy the nighttime hours.

Yikes! Someone may want to remember she had a child with her.

You probably remember the original version like me. My brother and I still sing the Listen to the Land song. I think the nostalgia is 99% why I love this ride. I always sing Listen to the Land when we ride and Casey HATES it! A bit like crabby stroller lady I think.

Orange bird photo pass!!!!!!! I must have this NOW

Yikes! That is insane. Its 58 here today and I thought that was nuts. Stay warm.

I love me some cauliflower so I think this would be up my alley, provided the don't actually taste like mushrooms :P

OMG I have never seen this. I think you and Casey will be fighting over this come August. It has her name written all over it.
We have done this several times now with emh, I guess we should stop at the lobby and get the schedule for the week.
Yes, I do remember the original version. Epcot was so cool in the 80’s
The orange bird photos were so cute!
The cauliflower did not taste like mushrooms, just the fried version reminded me of my beloved mushrooms, ha!
The lazy egg is such a riot, I guess he is popular in Japan, why wouldn’t he, so funny!

Great report--very timely since we'll be leaving on the 19th with my teen daughter and her friend. So exciting to see someone from Duluth! My husband is getting ready to retire from the Coast Guard, but Duluth's ice breaker was our first station. We lived in an apartment on Park Point, close to the bridge, and loved crossing over to grab dinner at Grandma's. Such a great place to live and as you mentioned, the airport can't be beat!
:welcome:, Thanks for joining, how exciting a trip just around the corner. I see you are going to US as well, so fun! Ahh you know what I am talking about with the weather around here. Lake Superior does some crazy things to the weather for sure. It is beautiful to look at! Park Point is a great place especially in the summer! I don’t like the-really cold but you are right is is a wonderful place to live! Love having the airport here!

I wanted to try the deep fried cauliflower in Morocco, this was so good. It reminded me some of deep fried mushrooms, which I love. I know some of you are making the yuck face :crazy2: The batter was fried to a nice crisp. I loved the capers on them and the sauce was delicious, sorry the picture doesn’t show the sauce. It reminded me a little of yummy sauce from Japan.
img_jun22018at84435pm-jpg.326839
This actually looks good to me. We have grown to love cauliflower and I bet we would love this.

you know where I live can be cold, well today on June 2nd it is 42 degrees, what?? It was 80 on Thursday! So, since it is so cold and raining, on with the report!
The weather is so freakin' crazy this year! We had snow into April first of all; then after 80 degrees yesterday Steve walked out of the house wearing a jacket this morning because it was 50! Only supposed to hit 70 like one day this week, most years the kids are sweating their butts off in school every day in June. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of high temps but allergies and sinus issues are worse when the temps swing like this and I hate not being able to predict what the temps will be 2 days from now :sad2:

We took a few pictures in Italy but did not try any of the offerings here.
We're Italian, I could eat Italian food every day. Unfortunately we rarely try the offerings at the booths in Italy at the festivals because they don't appeal to us and when we do try one, they don't thrill us.

I love shrimp and this had some good reviews especially from @ariane37 husband, he loves it!
Andi didn’t really want any so I ate this myself and it was delicious. The grilled shrimp with the sweet and savory flavors was delicious. It was grilled perfectly so I agree with all who love it, yum!
So glad you enjoyed the "sugar cane Steve shrimp skewer" lol!

:welcome:Yay! Thank you for reading and commenting this time around! It is so fun to virtually meet some great people here on the Dis and sometimes in person! Boo, we will miss a meet up! We prefer the end of August but with Andi’s college starting:sad:, we have to go earlier.

Wow, you are so right with the similarities between Andi and your dd! How old is your dd?

You summed up my thoughts on Pirates perfectly!
UO is such a fun visit as well, don’t skip the donut shop if able it is worth it. I also really enjoyed Toothsome as did Andi. Will you be spending more than one day at UO? If not going early really helps!

Reposted below for @1983DisneyFanatic I am a dork and thought I was replying to you!

Thanks! :wave:I am usually just a lurker on trip reports and binge, to live vicariously through others, in between my trips. Good luck to Andi in college! My oldest daughter will be a senior next year, so I feel you on that :sad:.

My daughter Camryn, that looks like Andi, is 13. She will turn 14 during our trip in August.

We are going to get the lowest level annual passes and do at least two or three days in Universal. We have one night booked at RPR to get two days of Express pass, so hopefully that will help. We are usually rope droppers. We may also spend a day or two at SeaWorld and/or Busch Gardens, since we have platinum passes for Sesame Place/ SeaWorld parks. The donut shop is on my must do list now. I really think our kids will like it.

Now, to catch up on your report.

It was still morning, so not much was open yet, we headed towards Mexico and saw the QS cantina was opened, score! I was starving by this time, it was 10:40. I jumped in line to order us some chips and guacamole and the kids empanada meal. This was served with grapes and a small bottled water.

I'm not sure why, but I've never eaten anything from the Mexico pavilion. Probably because there are so many great food options to choose from. Especially, with all of the festival kiosks. Maybe, I'll try this next time.

I wanted to try the deep fried cauliflower in Morocco, this was so good. It reminded me some of deep fried mushrooms, which I love. I know some of you are making the yuck face :crazy2: The batter was fried to a nice crisp. I loved the capers on them and the sauce was delicious, sorry the picture doesn’t show the sauce. It reminded me a little of yummy sauce from Japan.

This looks and sounds right up my alley. I wish I would have tried this when I was there in April. Hopefully, it returns next year.

Sounds like a nice time walking around WS and having some snacks! I love the violet lemonade so much, I really want to take another trip during F&G!!

The weather is so freakin' crazy this year! We had snow into April first of all; then after 80 degrees yesterday Steve walked out of the house wearing a jacket this morning because it was 50! Only supposed to hit 70 like one day this week, most years the kids are sweating their butts off in school every day in June. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of high temps but allergies and sinus issues are worse when the temps swing like this and I hate not being able to predict what the temps will be 2 days from now :sad2:

We're Italian, I could eat Italian food every day. Unfortunately we rarely try the offerings at the booths in Italy at the festivals because they don't appeal to us and when we do try one, they don't thrill us.

So glad you enjoyed the "sugar cane Steve shrimp skewer" lol!
Our weather has been bipolar this year ugh! It is raining this morning on my day off. It is a good time to catch up on the Dis.

I agree about the offerings in Italy, just meh! Love the area especially down by the water with the gondolas

The shrimp was awesome, a must repeat in March next year!

Thanks! :wave:I am usually just a lurker on trip reports and binge, to live vicariously through others, in between my trips. Good luck to Andi in college! My oldest daughter will be a senior next year, so I feel you on that :sad:.

My daughter Camryn, that looks like Andi, is 13. She will turn 14 during our trip in August.

We are going to get the lowest level annual passes and do at least two or three days in Universal. We have one night booked at RPR to get two days of Express pass, so hopefully that will help. We are usually rope droppers. We may also spend a day or two at SeaWorld and/or Busch Gardens, since we have platinum passes for Sesame Place/ SeaWorld parks. The donut shop is on my must do list now. I really think our kids will like it.

Now, to catch up on your report.
Thank you, college will be harder on me! The trip you have planned sounds great, how nice to experience several different parks! We love US! We have been to SeaWorld in 2012 and had a fun time. Get a donut for sure, so good!

I'm not sure why, but I've never eaten anything from the Mexico pavilion. Probably because there are so many great food options to choose from. Especially, with all of the festival kiosks. Maybe, I'll try this next time.

This looks and sounds right up my alley. I wish I would have tried this when I was there in April. Hopefully, it returns next year.
Our first time trying the Mexican QS was only a year ago and we have walked by a million times! We were pleasantly surprised how good and now we make it a point to get something there, yum!

The deep fried cauliflower was a hit, the capers made this dish!

Sounds like a nice time walking around WS and having some snacks! I love the violet lemonade so much, I really want to take another trip during F&G!!
It was a nice time, the crowds were not to big yet, much easier to explore the countries!
Violet Lemonade is so delicious, one of our favorites.

Today is Graduation Day for Andi, wow! Time sure flies. The ceremony is this evening and my son is home now too so I am one happy mom! I will share some photos later of the evening!

For now, on with the TR, we are on Day 3 Thursday 4/26/18. We are heading to our 2nd park of the day. Join in for AK adventures!

Andi and I were ready to head to AK for our FP+. We continued with good bus mojo, yay! An AK bus was at the stop, we hopped on and we were able to sit, always a plus on a hot afternoon. Soon, we arrived at AK. There was a 20 year celebration photo-op before the entrance, so we got a picture here before going in the park.
IMG_Jun62018at85616AM.jpg

We spent some time looking at merchandise in the gift shops by the tree of life. I love the shops in AK, I usually find something I can’t live without! The shirt I am wearing today, was bought in AK, a few trips ago. The park was busy today, we noticed some props for photos so we had a few done at the tree of life.
IMG_Jun62018at85547AM.jpg IMG_Jun62018at85517AM.jpg IMG_Jun62018at85251AM.jpg

We decided to head into Pandora for a look around before heading to Africa. We took a few pictures and noticed NRJ was down and the sign stated all day, bummer! We weren’t planning to ride it today so it didn’t bother us. We saw the wait time for FoP was 130 minutes, wow, no thanks! We had FP+ later for this.
IMG_Jun62018at85151AM.jpg

It was time to head into Harambe, Africa for a 2 week Safari. We had FP+ and wanted to see the baby hippo, Augustus!
We had a great CM guide, however this Safari was a bit of a dud. We saw very few animals! It must have been the time of day. A CM was feeding the hippos so we saw a few but I am unsure if the baby was one of them:confused3. The guide doesn’t mention the baby at all so I don’t think we saw him. We saw a few elephants, rhinos, and giraffes. No lions, wild dogs, or other big cats for us today, oh well still a fun time. The 2 weeks flew by and it was time to say kwaherini for now.
IMG_Jun62018at85831AM.jpg IMG_Jun62018at85651AM.jpg

We decided to hop a train for a cool journey to Rafiki’s planet watch. It had been awhile since we checked out this area. We went to the petting area first. We met a couple big pigs and some hyper goats, lol! After washing our hands, we went inside to look a the creepy crawlers :eek:. There was a giant rabbit with the CM, it was hard to get a decent picture with all the people around him. I was so glad it wasn’t a big old snake, yuck!
IMG_Jun62018at85951AM.jpg IMG_Jun62018at85904AM.jpg

Rafiki wasn’t out to meet today but Doc Mcstuffins was, I made Andi meet her! We didn’t really know who she was. The CM told us she is a toy doctor. She was really nice. After meeting her, we looked around a little bit more and then we headed out.
IMG_Jun62018at85214AM.jpg

I will stop here for now. Guess were we are headed next! A favorite of mine!!

Today is Graduation Day for Andi, wow! Time sure flies. The ceremony is this evening and my son is home now too so I am one happy mom!

Aw! Congratulations, Andi! And congratulations, mom, on having both of your babies under the same roof :lovestruc I can't even imagine what it'll be like…though I only have a couple years left :sad:

I love the shops in AK,

I do too! Especially the one near EE.

The park was busy today, we noticed some props for photos so we had a few done at the tree of life.
img_jun62018at85547am-jpg.327628
img_jun62018at85517am-jpg.327629
img_jun62018at85251am-jpg.327630
Cute! I love the turtle one, haven't seen that before.

We decided to hop a train for a cool journey to Rafiki’s planet watch. It had been awhile since we checked out this area. We went to the petting area first. We met a couple big pigs and some hyper goats, lol! After washing our hands, we went inside

I've never been there because I'm too much of a germaphobe and petting zoos kind of gross me out :crazy2: I'm glad to hear they have a hand wash station!

After meeting her, we looked around a little bit more and then we headed out.
img_jun62018at85214am-jpg.327631

On our first trip, the Playhouse Disney characters were from Bear in the Big Blue House…I'm sure nobody even remembers him now, but I loved that show. I guess this is the next generation's version of that :P

Today is Graduation Day for Andi, wow! Time sure flies. The ceremony is this evening and my son is home now too so I am one happy mom! I will share some photos later of the evening!
Wow, time sure has flied. Congratulations to you and Andi. Can't wait to see the pictures.

What an awesome photo. I hadn't seen this one yet.

here was a giant rabbit with the CM, it was hard to get a decent picture with all the people around him. I was so glad it wasn’t a big old snake, yuck!
img_jun62018at85951am-jpg.327622
That certainly sounds much better than what they have most of the time. I have a huge snake phobia and they tend to be in there 9 our of 10 times. Needless to say I leave that all to Casey and Jason!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter