Wednesday 3rd April 2002, Gatwick Airport

Hi Steve
I will be there on march 31st, might bump into somewhere.Its such a (Small world after all!!!! LOL). :bounce:
luv AUDREY xxxxxxx

PS Remember your lime green ribbons! :earseek: :crazy:

Hi there
I'm new to this , it is my first message. This is proberbly a silly question but i have to ask what are the green ribbons for?
thanks Nikki uk

Hi Nikki - ~~Welcome to the UK Dis! ~~

The wearing of a Lime Green Ribbon has been adopted by members of the Dis as a way of recognising another Dis'er :)

A lot of the US Dis'ers wear a small piece of ribbon tied onto their Bumbags or Rucksacks or maybe on their top like the Aids or Breast Cancer logo's, in the hope that another Dis'er will approach and say hi!

We have members here who have worn a ribbon for the whole two weeks of their holidays and not seen another Lime Green Ribbon in sight though! LOL

Hope this clarifies - and look forward to seeing more of your posts on the boards :)
Do join in the threads :)

hi again,

Myself (Steve) jacqui (my lovely wife) bethany and Ellie our 2 monsters are flying from Gatwick at 11:15 am on Wed 3rd April. Where are you all flying from.

Bye
Jac, Steve, beth and Ellie

Hi USA_MAD02,

Yep we are on the same flight, you will no doubt hear use, as our 2 girls like to let people now they are around.

Bye!
Steve

Hi

Are your kids getting excited, i know I am. This waiting is taking so long!! I have alreday packed and ready to go!

hi,

it has almost reached fever pitch in our house, the kids are getting hyper. Where are you staying when you get there ?

Bye

Cool! I'm not sure we've ever had a DIS meet on the plane before :) :) :)

Not long now guys :D

Penny :)

Hi

We stayed in All stars last year. Have you been before? The do nice food in the food court but it is expensive! The rooms were nice and clean. Nice pool, we enjoyed our stay!

bye!

Sorry to bring this old chestnut to the top, but who else went out on this flight from hell. Well landing from hell to be exact???????????

Ok, Bear in mind that I do not like flying at all, so anything other than a perfect flight will scare the holy hell out of me. We took off from Gatwick at about 11:15 am on the Wednesday morning as expected. The flight itself was due to be just over 8 hours and on the whole it was fine. We were coming into land at Orlando about 10 minutes late, so no real setback as far as time was concerned. I was sitting in the middle block of seats with Beth, our eldest. I look across as we are coming in to see the airport. I look forward again and brace myself for the touchdown. About 10 or 15 seconds later a gust of wind blew the plane sideways by a fair amount. Next thing is that all you hear are the engines roaring up to full power and us climbing at a franetic rate. My heart was pumping so fast, I kept waiting for something to go wrong, we managed to get back up while being blown all over the place, it was terrible. The kids were being lifted from their seat, mind you they thought it was great, some kind of ride. People were vomiting all around me. We circled again and tried once more, it was not quite as bad but we still could not land. Anyway, we had been in the air for about 9 hours by now so we needed fuel. The flew south and landed half and hour later at Tampa, the landing was find although it was raining. Great I thought they will put some transport on for us to Orlando, but no. The captian said that it would take about and hour to refuel and we would be back up. We took off as he said about 1 hour later to fly back the half an hour to Orlando, the take off was bad too, really bumpy. We touched down with everyone holding their breath at Orlando with no further trouble. When we were being bussed into the resort, there was a young couple saying that the stewardess they sat by had started to un-button her jacket and when we got off the plane people at the front had started inflating life jackets and they had dropped them on the floor when we got off. So it was not just me that was scared.

I have to admit, I was really scared but as I said I do not like flying anyway so that does not help. When you fly on the smaller planes to Spain or Italy, there always seems to be plenty of spare runway and the plane always seems to have plenty of power. But those 747's really need every inch of runway and all their power to get off the ground.

Other than that it was a fantastic holiday, we are going back. The flight home was perfect, 7 and a half hours landing at Gatwick at 6:30 am.

OMG that sounds like a nightmare Steve. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I love flying but I would have been petrified by that. Glad you got there safely and had a great holiday.
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter