Week of May 4th WISH Walking/Running Club

Good morning, Wisher's!! Happy Monday! I don't have a whole lot to report, I've been sick for the past week, so that has me sidelined. Nothing major, just a wicked cough and cold that I can't shake. No baby news either. I don't go back to the doctor until 5/22, but I can tell you that he is moving around like crazy and now that he is bigger, I can feel him move more often. Yesterday was the Flying Pig marathon in Cincinnati, Stephen ran the half, I won't go into details incase he ever comes back wants to tell everyone, but I will tell you guys that he PR'd. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: It was fun being on a scream team, but I wanted to be out there so bad, next year I'm running the full!!

Congrats to all the Minnie racers!! I cheated and looked up the results on active.com for the people who's last names I know. I am so proud of each and everyone of you!!!! You all did the Wish name proud. :)

Debra--I am so sorry that you aren't have much luck with the apartment hunting. I remember how stressful that is! Definitely think about the Flying Pig next year! It is such a fabulous race and a gorgeous course, a bit difficult with the climb up Eden Park, but the view is spectacular. Also, the race directors are fantastic, the race is always run so smoothly and this year with a fire at mile 22, the way they were able to get the race back on schedule with only a 15 minute delay speaks volume with how organized the race is. Sorry, I'll get off my Flying Pig soapbox! :)

Mel--No problem, it was fun starting the thread this week! Congrats on the Minnie!!

Aloha Jeff--Tell your daughter that I am very jealous of her bling!!!! Congrats to her! And that little boy was lucky that you were around!

TX Ang--Happy birthday!!!!!! Did you sign up for DL yet? ;)

Craig--YAY!!! I am so happy for you! I know you are walking on cloud 9 today. You'll have to tell me what it's like to actually run around the World Showcase, I have no idea what that must be like!

Colleen--:wave: Good to see you here!!!! Are you running MCM this year?

Eva--:welcome: back! And good luck getting back out there!

Allie--Congrats on your 6 miler! Pace doesn't matter, what counts is getting your steps in!

Vic--Great job on your 3 miler!

I can't wait to hear all the Minnie race reports! Hurry up and get back and post everyone!!

Krista

Morning WISHers!!! It's been so fun and inspiring reading all the Minnie/Flying Pig/Insert Race Name Here reports and seeing photos! I love it!!

AlohaJeff, WTG signing up for the Marathon. Your little Princess is so adorable with her medal - good for her!!

Allyson, good luck with W5 today! We all have bad days, but the important part is to get back out there and show W5 who's boss!!

Betsy, good for you for avoiding temptation! It takes a strong will to avoid cheeseburgers!

Ang - Happy Belated Birthday!!! You can kick butt on those 5 minute runs, I know you can! And sporting a new fuel belt to boot!

Vic, hey three is better than nothing!! And to someone (like me) for whom three is still the LR, it's a great thing!! Never underestimate any accomplishments!

Debra, I wanted to be there to give you a medal at the 1/2 (in Cleveland - one of my good friends is running it too!) but Jeff said I had to stop giving up my free weekends! :rotfl: You'll do FABULOUS!

Jackie, that's so interesting about Jeff G. I can't imagine what my calf muscles would be like without stretching or yoga. What was his rationale behind that logic? :hug: I hope your migraine works out soon.

Allie, great job on the 6!! Running can be so mental at times, but good for you for staying out there!

Eva, welcome back neighbor!! I hope you get back out there with injury free running!

Tracy, "Mount Trashmore girl" :rotfl:

Craig, great finish!! I can't wait to run around WS, too!!

Joan, I loved seeing your Minnie photos - thanks for posting them!

Krista :hug: I hope you feel better soon!! Congrats to Stephen on PRing!! You'll be back out there PRing soon, too!!

Me.. I had a great 5k race yesterday. Got lots of free swag out of it, which is what really matters, right? ;) I guess I PR'd, although with only two races under my belt it feels silly calling it a PR! NRR, I need to start baking cross sugar cookies for a First Communion party on Friday and I am feeling guilty about ditching tonight's run to get the dough made. :guilty: I think employers need to realize that there are things way more important than working until 5... like running!!

I think employers need to realize that there are things way more important than working until 5... like running!!

Let me know how that works because I need to give it a try. And yes, even after only 2 races it counts as a PR.

Debra: The chocolate cheese sounds kinda weird, but I'd be willing to try it. I've never actually been to the Melting Pot. We have one here, but it seems so expensive when we can just do it at home (and BF is kinda weirded by the meat course). Sounds like after the 10 minutes is up and the agents haven't shown you should just run! Good luck tho. Good job on the run and glad the technique worked!

Jeff: :thumbsup2 for DD! Hopefully the CC kid will learn from his experience.

Krista:Good job getting the new thread started! :banana:

Welcome Back to all our Minnie racers!

:laundy:

Friday, BF and I went to the Spring Banquet masquerade.
n502763715_561930_3448.jpg

My mask had a much bigger feather plume on in and it kind tilted until I figured out how to make it tighter! I didn't realize until I saw the pics how much my tan line shows :scared1: yikes!

Saturday I went skating in the morning before tutoring. Then in the afternoon I got to go kayaking!!! At home it's not really a big deal because I have a kayak and we have Lake Ponchartrain, but here there are only a few small "lakes" so I don't have my kayak. But! The Backpacker (a store) brings out some of its kayaks and canoes a couple of times a year once the weather gets warm so that people will try them. Brilliant marketing ploy and lots of fun. Granted, BF sat in the middle of the lake just chillin' while I paddled around like a maniac! There's a reason we get two singles instead of one double! But we got a nice game of 'catch me if you can' going that was fun. Last year it took two boats (BF in one and two other friends in a double) well over twenty minutes to catch me--mwahahahaha! Anyway, it was fun.

Yesterday, I got a nice jog in along with some strength training and a swim. I'll be moving out on Wednesday, so now I start my moving-as-cross training!

DKP--You know Jillian...she's a tough one! I did her wt. workout this evening and totally had to envision her yelling at me to keep moving! (ala "Neill, let go of the treadmill...NOW!!!!") But not on the treadmill. :)

My "last" dinner before this plan was a fancy restaurant chef's dinner with wine pairings....lobster, oysters, avocado salad, gnocchi, roast duck, chocolate creme brulee...each with its own wine. It was SO yummy! Now, this cauliflower I had with my salmon for dinner tonight...not so much. :lmao:

LOL at the last dinner!! I feel like I got that in on Saturday night!! I ate so much I felt like I was gonna explode. Now that I am home and the race is over I am getting ready to start back with Jillian. I may wait until tomorrow though for the Workouts... I'm still a bit sore from Sunday!!

Betsy: "Last meal," huh? :rotfl2: You should know that you've inspired me to request her book from ILL.

Hey... that would make 3 of us!! YAY!!

My new Garmin is really helping keep me on track. :thumbsup2

I swear, the only reason I want a garmin is to be able to see what pace I am going at all times. Sometimes I think I am running quite a bit faster than I am!

Seeing the gang at the finish, including folks I'd not met before like Angie and Bobby was great. As I said, I'm sad to see it go. It was great fun. Everyone who ran yesterday, take it easy for a few days, you all earned it.

Craig

Craig, it was great to see you on Sunday! I am sorry I didn't immediately recognize you. It was the WISH gear that threw me off. You don't usually wear any WISH stuff!!

Dana

Welcome back to all who were lucky enough to make it to the Minnie! (I'm still jealous!) Looks like you had a great time!

Aloha Jeff - Congratulate Princess #1 on her tri! Bring her to DL in June...I'm sure she'll beat me!:laughing:
TXAng - What kind of fuel belt did you get? Let me know how you like it. I need to get one, but am not sure which one I want!
Eva - I'm new here, but welcome back!
Craig - Awesome time! :worship: Congrats on accomplishing your goal!
Krista - Hope your feeling better soon and congrats to your DH on the PR!
Morgan - I can sympathize...I had to ditch my workout on Fri just to make cupcakes! That's it...no more orders that interfere with workouts!::yes::
Me - I did my longest LR run so far on Sat...it was only supposed to be 7.5 miles, but I ended up going 8. Thought I was going to die. It was too hot out and I was scared to death by this snake! Had to walk for a long time to get my poor little heart to calm down!

...I had to ditch my workout on Fri just to make cupcakes! That's it...no more orders that interfere with workouts!::yes:: ..........................
Thought I was going to die. It was too hot out and I was scared to death by this snake! Had to walk for a long time to get my poor little heart to calm down!

Okay... two questions.
1) Do you make cupcakes and stuff for a living?
Just asking as I am seriously tempted to start taking some classes to learn how to do that. (cake decorating and stuff that is)

2) Did you jump over the snake?
It seems like that's what I end up doing every time I run into one here. By the time I see one, and it actually registers in my brain what it is it's too late to stop and I have to jump it!! Then you get that heart pounding, feel like you're gonna die, kind of feeling!! At least it was just a snake though, I regularly have to deal with COWS!!

Dana

I swear, the only reason I want a garmin is to be able to see what pace I am going at all times. Sometimes I think I am running quite a bit faster than I am!

Dana

It's great because it has made me realize that I start out way too fast in the beginning then I crash and burn early on. I tried to slow it down, and I was able to go further without having to take a walking break. Why do I feel like such a failure when I have to stop and walk? :confused3 I know I should be happy that I am out there moving, and that is what counts, but it does get me frustrated at times.

You need to get a Garmin. It has been the best tool! :thumbsup2

Calcio....nice work! And hardware! yay!

Dana...yeah, take a couple of days off...the first week of workouts has lots of squats and lunges (no added weight, but enough to get your legs working), so you may want to let your legs recover a little.

Allie...I am the queen of 'starting too fast'...learning to rein that in now.

Eva...welcome!

So far....it is Day 5 of Jillian. I'm still sticking with it, though I am kindof hungry. :rolleyes1 Probably really need to just drink more water. The plan is to make it up to day 15, that's when I head to WDW and I am not eating super strict there! Besides, I'll need fuel for the triathlon. I have one other indulgence planned, on Day 10, a hamburger after my other triathlon. But I have lost 4 lbs, which is a lot in one week for my size! Mind you, I did about 8 hours of training on F/Sa/Su, too. But I feel like my legs are looking a little leaner...that's where I carry the extra weight/cellulite. Thanks for the continued encouragement!!:banana:

I might actually be able to catch up on this thread. With so many lucky people at disney this week the thread is a little slower so I have a chance:cool2:

Jeff Congrats to your princess, she looks very proud!!!

Allyson Good luck on W5D2. I just started I have finished W1D2 today and feels good.

Betsy WAHOOOO on the 3 lbs, that is 3 you never have to see again!!!

TXAng Congrats on W3 and good luck for W4. You can do it!!!!

Big Vic Hi:wave2:

Debra Take care of those shins, I use to get them all the time and they are very painful.

Jackie Sorry to hear about your migrane, hope you are feeling better soon

Allie WTG on getting out there, take care of those knees

Tracy Glad you had a good time at the Minnie and congrats on your PR

Craig Welcome back glad you had a good time

Joan Another Minner that had a great time...wahooo

Krista hope you are feeling better soon

morgan Congrats on your PR....and hey a PR is a PR!!!!

Claire Great photo!!!

Michelle WTG on your LR. Snake....I hate snakes.....I would have had a PR if I saw the snake....:scared1:

Did I miss it somewher who is Jillian?????

I just finished W1D2 of C25K, feeling good. I am still working on a good base before I start my 1/2 marathon training for Sept 28th.

Question for the pros and been there's. I have a 1/2 marathon Sept 28th and doing my first full at Disney Jan 11th. If I take off 2 weeks do I jump in at week 13 or start at the beginning and miss the weeks closest to marathon??? I am thinking I just jump in at week 13 and go from there??? Any advise????

Tahnks
kim

OK...so I've been gone for a long while. Took some time off due to sub zero temps in the late winter and then I had some surgery that put me out for awhile. Today is the day that I can start back up though!! I came in to get my motivation up and saw that you are in teams now? So do I join a team? I'm not going to be much help right now as I'm just starting back up and my miles won't be up there. I had been running 20-25 a week. Anyhow..I'm gonna try 2.5-3 today and see how I do. Wish me luck! :woohoo:

Me too! I've been gone for the last month, lots of crazy work and family stuff that took away all of my "ME" time. But I'm back! Anyone have thoughts on the new Disney's Princess Half Marathon for March 2009? I was really bummed that I wasn't going to do the Minnie this year, and as it was the final year I'd never get a chance to do it.

Today I'm back on track, going to the gym after work for strength training and walking there/back for warm up/cool down (~1 mile from home). Winter has been very unforgiving in Chicago and I'm excited to move my workouts back outside. :cool1:

After yesterdays Minnie I said I would not work out today and I'm not sure what I did would be considered working out, but I got out after lunch and did a couple miles at about a 20 min mile pace. It was just too beautiful not to do something .:)

Aloha Jeff: I just knew Princess #1 would travel to the dark side, and rather quickly (like her dad). Tell her that I think she's faster than I am. The Honolulu event sounds like it really treats its local runners well, with free swag for registering. You know, I really like the no end-time on the marathon; it reminds me a bit of Run Fatboy Run (for those who've seen the movie), but I think having that rule really gains good press. And mark my words, DOOD and I will be doing the Honolulu Marathon at one point. He's a 50-state guy (but he hasn't accepted it yet--hah!), so Hawaii is inevitable.

And thanks for the cautionary tale on the X-country runner at your clinic. It was a scary situation, I'm sure, and I'm glad you were there to look out for the boy, who clearly didn't have enough experience to look out for himself.

Betsy: Well, if you're going to have a last dinner, that sounds like one to have. What a special meal! Was it planned for a special occasion, or was embarking on the Making the Cut plan occasion enough? (Obviously, I think so.) You know one of the things I love about Jillian, besides her biceps, her abs, her thighs? I love her snarky & positive attitude. I see that in you, with the faint praise of the cauliflower.

You're doing great, btw! 4 pounds, and I know you're in it for the toning. I bet you can see the difference in your legs with all the training. Now, I'm not going to say anything about your indulges because they're wisely planned. But....drink your water!!! :drinking: (That's what you really wanted to hear anyway, right?)

Mel: Ah, yes, the chocolate cheese conversation of May 2008. See what you miss when you go away? I'm hoping there are some Michigan State alums out there who can confirm its strange tastiness. I'm glad you're back, and can't wait to hear how everything went this weekend. P.S. Jillian Michaels, on whom--as the above suggests--I have a girl crush.

Jackie: Good news about getting the muscles (and knot) in your calves worked out. Bad news about the migraine (and the freezer). I used to have migraines quite frequently and intensely, so I can empathize; they've grown less severe as I age, and I hope the same for you. (Seeing as how we can't stop the aging process, it should be good for something). I didn't know Galloway's stance on yoga, Pilates, stretching, Chi Running, etc. That's where he and I part ways, as well, and agree on your position. And thanks for the R/W information--it gives me hope & perspective. In an unrelated note, I realized that DOOD was wearing a Man. U. shirt the other day--and then remembered it was because I bought it for him because I like how it looked. Yeah, I'm a die-hard Chelsea fan, I am. :rotfl2:

Allie: And I have Garmin envy--does that balance things out? I think you've managed a good pace with your 6 miler, even if it was a little off your training plan. Sometimes I find it hard and even painful to start running again after a walking interval, so I'm hoping some of our experienced folk will share their wisdom with us. :listen: Are you also training on hills for your 10K?

TXAng: Six miles from DL. Even with a crummy apartment, I don't know if I'd ever relocate. Then again, I live in a crummy apartment now, about 6 miles from Kennywood. Not the same thing, not the same thing at all. Oreo cheesecake? Now, that's worth a trip to TX. (Well, that and you.)

Eva: First, good luck on your run today and WELCOME BACK! :woohoo: I find the teams are great for motivation, so contact the Panda (Windwalker Dave) and he'll hook you up. P.S. Ohana rocks, not that I'm biased or anything. ;)

Tracy: Didn't realize your new nickname would be Mt. Trashmore Girl when you told us all those tales, did you? :rolleyes1 Congratulations on your PR and PB. I'm going to find your RR after I respond on this thread--I'm sure it'll be a blast. Your next Disney event is the DL 1/2, right? Are you doing ToT?

Craig: :dance3: :woohoo: :banana: 8:49, #3 in AG, #35 male??!! You rock, Craig, you absolutely rock! The 15K sounds like such a great distance for you, and for many of us, and I appreciate you pointing out its benefits. I wish it were an option for next year. :sad1: But I'm so glad you chose to do the Minnie for yourself this year, and it sounds like those demons aren't headed back your way anytime soon.

Joan: You, too, had an excellent race with your 1:26 finish, #18 in AG, and #287 female stats. It sounds like your whole household is supportive, and I think that's so cool. I'm glad you're feeling good enough to take advantage of the weather. I just hope you continue to take it easy over the next few days and give that quad and butt a chance to recover--you've earned it!

Krista: I love the RR soapbox, so step on it any time! DOOD and I are going to seriously consider the Flying Pig next year, as everyone's been saying such nice things about it. And then there are these WISHers I know who are into it....:thumbsup2 I hope you get over your cough/cold soon and will try to be patient for more updates to the Carter Chronicles.

Morgan: :woohoo: with your 5K and your PR. (And yes, it counts!) I read your blog, and I'm so proud that you beat your last time by so much. And free Lip Smackers? What fun! Although I will be disappointed not to meet you, I have to go with Jeff on this one--protect those free weekends while you can. This running thing pretty much ties up DOOD and my (lame) social life; we're always planning around LRs, gym time, and rest days. Some days I'd say it's more fun to make, or eat, cookie dough. (Working until 5 is not something I'd claim as being fun quite as often.)

Claire: I agree that The Melting Pot is kind of expensive--couldn't tell you about the meat course--esp. on a grad student's budget. We've done it with friends at conferences, and the leisurely meal is a great way to hang out and catch up. I prefer the more casual vibe of at-home fondue parties myself. As for your advice about leaving after a rental agent is a no-show at 10 minutes...I wish you'd been with me! You could have backed me up, as DOOD is more patient/forgiving/easygoing than I am. (But I'm right in this case, as are you!)

About the Spring Banquet pics: You two look so good and, if it's possible to do so while in masks, quite come-hitherish! (He kind of looks like a superhero, as his feathers are less noticeable. That, or I have Iron Man on the brain.) I assume it was a good time? The question is whether you enjoyed the masquerade or the kayaking more, as both sound like a great way to spend time together.

Dana: Garmins, Making the Cut, WISH shirts. Those things, and Minnie bling. Don't you wonder if part of the appeal to the running is about all the cool gear/stuff? :rotfl: I know I seriously "need" a Garmin, for the reasons you and Allie have pointed out. Not that my fast is speedy, but still...consistency is key.

MB Michelle: :yay: for your 7.5-turned-8 miler. Boo to the heat and hiss to the snake. (I can't believe I stooped so low as to utter that one!) I'm glad you survived and challenged yourself!

Kim: Thanks for the kind words on the shins. They haven't been bothering me for a while, so I'm being extra cautious. WTG with C25K and finishing W1D2 and building your base. It's Jillian Michaels of whom we speak, she of the cut body and the drill-sergeant attitude. :cloud9: You've asked another question that I'm interested in hearing the answer to as I try to plan for fall events and the January full.

Aurora: Welcome back! I'm also bummed that I'll never get a chance to do the Minnie 15K AND that they've shifted to March. I'm not sure that new length/schedule works well for me--and it should be all about me, you know? :confused3 :rotfl2: Seriously, though, I kind of wonder how Disney might be restructuring its events to make it difficult for some of us to go (thinking of DVCers, for example, or people with larger families). :yay: for rejoining us after LTO and for being able to enjoy your spring!

As for me: Today I took it easy, focusing on Pilates and core work, with some Chi Running exercises thrown in. We also did a lot of walking around, looking at apartments this early a.m. and will do some tonight. So my resting isn't as restful as it should be. My shins do feel better, however, and for that I'm grateful.

Okay, as long as it's a bit slow here, let me ask a question. Anybody here going to get the Garmin Forerunner 405? What's the advantage of that model over, say, the 305 or even the 50? DOOD's eyeing one, and I'm curious for myself as well. (I don't know that I've earned one yet, but a girl can dream. :cloud9:)

Me too! I've been gone for the last month, lots of crazy work and family stuff that took away all of my "ME" time. But I'm back! Anyone have thoughts on the new Disney's Princess Half Marathon for March 2009? I was really bummed that I wasn't going to do the Minnie this year, and as it was the final year I'd never get a chance to do it.

Today I'm back on track, going to the gym after work for strength training and walking there/back for warm up/cool down (~1 mile from home). Winter has been very unforgiving in Chicago and I'm excited to move my workouts back outside. :cool1:

Just read about the Princess Half. Kinda weird that they are only providing transportation to three resorts. :confused3 Guess with gas prices so high, even Disney is having to cut back. :laughing: I'm bummed I couldn't do the Minnie either. I did the 5K in Jan. so there are no more trips in my future. :sad2:

Glad it's warming up there in Chicago. It's much more fun to exercise outside. :thumbsup2

Hello everyone!:)

I am going to try to stay more on top of this thread this week.

Sounds like things are going well!

Debra, hopefully you will find a home soon! The saga just keeps continuing. ;)

Allie, you would think that with Disney wanting to "go green" they would NOT want all of us driving to the Princess Marathon.

Joan, I am impressed. I have not worked out since Minnie!

Jeff, Both Princesses are too cute. And #1 has bling. (Trust me it's all about the bling, first thing I told Waldo after the Minnie was "I got a medal" Of course first I had to tell him that I had run the race... I somehow forgot to mention this to him.:lmao: )

To those of you in the north. I am not worthy:worship: TigerLily was laughing at me for my "it's cold outside" posts when it's 50 degrees!

I did the Minnie 15K Sunday so I have not trained since then. I really enjoyed the race and meeting other WISH folks. I think lots of them are still out playing in the parks. I am in Orlando at a training conference....:( not near as fun!

I am leaning towards NOT doing the Princess. First it's AWFULLY soon after the WDW half and I have never been a Princess type!:laughing:

I am going to focus on the 10K and then the WDW half. Waldo is trying to get me to do another half in there and we will see about that..... For the first time I think it's 'doable" thanks to WISH and the Minnie!

Hope everyone has a great week..

One last thought... (WARNING IT IS KIND OF SAPPY!)

The slogan on my shirt says "WISH gave me the courage to start" I started without WISH, but WISH gave me the belief that if you could do it, I could. When I crossed that line at the Minnie yesterday there were tears in my eyes. I DID IT!!! I am a 47 year old woman who has never considered herself at ALL athletic. I have two left feet! (Grace is NOT my middle name) Reading on here has made me realize that you don't HAVE to be 'gifted" to do this. Even the good runners reach out to help those of us who are new or less talented.

So while WISH may not have given me the courage to start... it gave me the courage to strech myself and the courage to try....

THANK YOU!!!!

Good evening WISHers!

No training to report today.

Debra – See my post to Betsy. I’m asking for a 405 for Father’s Day. :)

Aloha Jeff – WTG for taking care of that young man.

Betsy – I ran, I sweated, I stopped. Nothing significant. :lol: Keep up the great work with your diet.

Jackie – I don’t think he’ll race one, but he may do a swap like Gordon and Montoya did a few years ago. Maybe with Danica. Hope the migraine goes away soon.

Allie – Had a pretty good time last week. Thanks. WTG with the 6 miler!

TXAng – Happy Belated Birthday!

Tracy – WTG with the 9.3 miler!

Craig – WTG at the Minnie!

Colleen – Gee, is that you? :confused3 ;)

Joan – WTG at the Minnie!

Krista – Hope you get to feeling better soon. How’s Hines? For that matter, what have you done with Steve? :confused3

Morgan – WTG with the 5K!

Claire – Sounds like the kayaking was fun.

Michelle – WTG with the 8 miler!

Kim – Hey! WTG with the training.

Carol - WTG at the Minnie!

:)

GOOD EVENING TEAM

Just want to pop in and say HI!!! :wave: Still flying high from this weekend!!

Posted some pics on "where are the pics & reports" thread. Something really funny!!! Virtually no back, hip, knee pain but my quads are SCREAMING!!!!! Which is sooooo wierd because we did 2 - 1/2 marathons and NEVER had sore quads :confused3 One thing it might be from: If any of you read Jen in GA race report, I was one of the WISHers in line for port a potty with her 2 minutes before start of race, so I spent first 3 miles of race weaving in and out of people like I NEVER have before.

Really, I am usually so rediculous about being lined up with my pace group 20 minutes before start but I was having such a good time just chatting with Becky and Jen and lost track of time, you guys just don't understand that is not like me and my obsessive - compulsive personality.

Anyway, considering I averaged an 11 min pace the first two miles (due to trying to get around all the hordes of beautiful people running the race) I finished with an average 9 min. 37 sec pace --- I will take it. :yay:

And BTW - to Anne and who was that with you????? cheering for me at beginning and telling me to be careful -- THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
And I want you to know that I feel REALLY bad that I was not there when you guys finished, the only reason I wasn't - honestly was because I had 2 children who had got up REALLY early 2 days in a row and wanted to go do " fun Disney stuff" I felt really bad I was not there to see you finish.

I also felt bad I was not there to see Cam, Howard and everyone else, you guys have been so good to me and so supportive, I'm really sorry. It's hard to keep everyone happy, you know? :love:

I posted this on other thread but I want to give a shout out to our WISH team, my mom could not believe everyone who was there at the finish cheering like crazy for us, "and they don't even know her" And she also figured out this weekend that ANYONE can take this journey that we take as long as they are willing to put in the hard work.

Craig Thank you for all your kind words at the race as usual and I am sooo glad you rocked it, YOU DESERVE IT. And thanks for making Bobby feel so welcome, he tends to be a little stand offish to new people.

I'm hoping that my quads will calm down over night because tomorrow I plan to begin my short term plan of overall strengthening so that I can realize my long term dream of doing the full in January!!! :dance3:

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow and once again

:cheer2: THE WISH TEAM ROCKS!!!!:cheer2:

Okay, as long as it's a bit slow here, let me ask a question. Anybody here going to get the Garmin Forerunner 405? What's the advantage of that model over, say, the 305 or even the 50? DOOD's eyeing one, and I'm curious for myself as well. (I don't know that I've earned one yet, but a girl can dream. :cloud9:)

I'm eyeing the new Garmin myself. A lot of my friends have the 201, the 205, and the 305. Too big and bulky, but the 405 is more of a wrist watch size. Less buttons as you "dial" the bezel to what you need to set or review.

Do a youtube.com search for video on how it works. It's been shown at expos and tradeshows, but they just haven't rolled them out yet.

I'm pretty sure there is no cable to upload or download info to/from your computer. There is a USBus doohickey, like a jump drive, that communicates with the unit to the computer. I do think you have to clip the unit to some sort of cord to charge the battery.

I am debating getting it with or without the heart rate monitor strap. I may wait a little while, to see if the price comes down. Also I want it in black, not the funky green they have. So don't anyone try to convince me that is WISH green, it snot (get it? :rotfl2: ).

I recall last year the 305 went on sale at Costco.com, with free shipping. And if you knew where to look, there was a $50 Garmin rebate coupon from the manufacturer. With the coupon, total cost was about $170. That was a steal for those who got it at that price.

So far, I've seen pre-sale sites that have the 405 for $299.99, and $329.99 with the monitor.

http://www.gpsnow.com/garmin_forerunner_405.htm#order

However, if you ask the Queen, she'll say "what do I need another toy for?" I already have a watch with a cronograph (stopwatch), and an Ipod with the Nikeplus chip and sensor. And I do prefer running with my tunes!

By the way Deb, I just looked at Robert's Disneyrunning.com site for the official Disney photos. The first and third place finishers are both wearing the Garmin 305, and the second place finisher is wearing an Ipod. Hmmmmm, is there any scientific research that proves having running electronics make you run faster?

Allie – That’s cool that your friend’s DH wrote up a plan for you. An early good luck for your 10K – sounds like it’ll be a good challenge with the first half of it being uphill!

Eva – Welcome back! Hope your run went well today.

Tracy – Congrats on the PR!

Joan – Awesome pace at the Minnie. WTG!

Krista – Hope you’re feeling better. I haven’t signed up for the DL race yet, since we’re still not 100% sure that we’ll be able to go, but I did go ahead and make a room reservation just in case. I’d hate to decide to go and then not be able to get a room!

Morgan – Congrats on the PR! Yes, it absolutely counts, whether it’s your first race or your fiftieth. :thumbsup2

Claire – Aww, cute photo!

MB Michelle – I got the Helium Fuel Belt with two bottles. Haven’t tried it yet, but I thought I’d like that one since it’s lightweight and you can add a pouch to carry a camera. I’ll let you know what I think once I use it a couple times!

Dana – I’ve been dying to take a cake decorating class! One of these days I’ll actually get around to it.

HC Kim – Congrats on finishing W1D2. I don’t have any advice about the training – I’m sure someone with more experience will have a some actual input!

Aurora – Welcome back! I’m sad about missing out on the Minnie, too, but it just wasn’t in the cards for me. I’d like to do the Princess Half, but I have zero desire to go to WDW during peak season, so we’ll see.

Debra – The one thing I miss about living in Anaheim is DL. Ok, and the short trip to the beach. But we’re much happier here, so it’s better. My dad lives not too far from DL, so I have a good excuse to go back to visit! Kennywood? Aren’t there some good roller coasters there, or am I thinking of someplace else?

I’m not planning on getting the 405 anytime soon, but I’d sure like to! It looks like it’s a LOT smaller than the one I have (205). The only thing I don’t like about mine is the size – it feels so clunky on my wrist.

Carol – Congrats on the Minnie!

Angie – WTG! Hope your quads feel better quickly. :wizard:

Me - Nothing to report here. Planning on going out for W4D1 tomorrow!

We're back home and pretty tired after 2 really early mornings. I can easily say this was my best race ever! I PR'ed but not in the clock sense. My chip time was 2:02:22, square in between times of the last 2 Minnies. My PR for this race was more on the training and endurance side. Jen and I ran together, we have a similar pace but totally different intervals. I do a R4/W2, Jen a R3/W1. She graciously offered to do the 4/2 which we maintained pretty solidly through the entire race. And I had fun! and I wasn't exhausted the last 2 miles! And I finished strong! Many thanks to Jen for switching up her intervals for me

So whatever clicked for me a month or so ago is still working. I cannot say enough about building up base mileage. What I learned from this race and the marathon...don't ever think the short runs aren't as important as long runs during training!

This race is my endurance PR...had a good time and finished strong!

One weird thing...I forgot to pack my Garmin. This is the first race I've ever done without it and I didn't miss it for a second. I wore my old faithful Ironman watch and just used the chronograph to keep track of intervals. Jen had her Garmin so I wasn't too worried, but the miles went by so fast, I never really felt like things were dragging.

Craig...congratulations! That is a fabulous run...and an AG award! You rock!

I did no training today either. My quads are sore too, though I think it has to do with the surrey bike ride we took after the race.

DH and I have RnR in Va Beach up next, over Labor Day weekend. Unless we can convince WDW Endurance to put Minnie back, I would love to smoke some pork at the Pig next May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter