Weird things you've seen at the Universal parks?

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
With so many people at the Universal parks on a given day, there must be people who see weird or unusual things. These may be weird things done by a guest, something weird happened on a ride, or an employee did something weird.

Here are my inputs...

I read once that a Japanese couple couldn't find their car in the parking lot. Security drove them around and around. They couldn't find the car. Finally, the couple found their parking receipt for the day and it was from the Magic Kingdom! Don't ask how they got from Disney to Universal.

Another time at Curious George, I saw a kid there. Nothing unusual there, but I think his parents were changing his clothes right in the open. He was buck naked with his, um, manhood right out! Diginity is not a hard thing and neither is walking to the nearest restroom!

I once saw a little boy in the Curious George water area decide that he to..umm..take a leak right then and there. Down came the shorts and out came...well, you know. He also seemed to be old enough to know better.

Another weird thing is something that I only half remember from late last summer. I asked about this a while ago, but I don't think anyone else remembered this. I vaguely recall there being these loud explosions that would be randomly set off on top of buildings throughout Marvel Island. You'd just be strolling along, wondering if you should risk Hulk with a stomach full of green eggs and ham, when BANG one of those suckers would go off. I would definitely classify that as weird.

Also, I recently saw Boris from Rocky and Bullwinkle shooting people with a Super Soaker from atop the "THE ADVENTURE BEGINS" bridge. I wish I could get paid for doing that :D.

On popies this one log ok our log had 6 people in it. We finished the ride and the were not letting people get off at the end. So we did the most stupid thing- Rocked the log! One min later they say on the speaker "please don't rock our logs." We get off later only to ask them where it says not to rock the logs.

On our boat for Ripsaw falls were 2 very drunk guys who had those long, tall plastic beverage containers. All throughout the ride they kept filling it up and pouring water on each other.

Then finally a voice came onto the speakers that said "Please keep your hands inside the boat".

They didn't get the message so the guy in the mountie shirt right before the final fall had to verbally reprimand them.

They were stupid but it was a really funny ride with them trying to pour water on each other.

While I was riding in the front row on JPRA last year, everyone noticed a strong vomit smell. It turned out that there was vomit was right under my feet.

We were just moving out of the loading area when the smell got really really bad. The entire boat started screaming to the woman at the loading area "LET US OFF THERE IS VOMIT ON HERE!".... She smiled at us and let the boat go!!!!!

Of course thanks to the padded restraints you could not stand up but I along with everyone in the first row was trying to do anything that would let someone know to stop the ride. The stench was awful!

By the time the boat was going into the building, everyone was screaming "LET US OFF, LET US OFF"...basically trying to give any signal to the ride operators that we could not stand the smell... but the ride never stopped.

Finally at the end everyone on the boat got off and started screaming at the woman unloading the boat like an angry mob...

She got the manager of the ride and he apologized and went to speak to the girl at the loading area who let the boat go. The girl told the manager that she thought we were "kidding" and didnt think to stop the ride.

In the end the manager immediately had the boat taken out of use to be cleaned and we all got to ride again and everyone on the boat got a free souvenier photo for having to endure the vomit ride!

So head this warning before riding JPRA, ALWAYS CHECK THE FLOOR FOR VOMIT BEFORE PUTTING DOWN THE RESTRAINT BAR!

I saw someone eating a can of fruit cocktail !:eek:

I made the mistake of going to IOA in a very hot day in May, and so did MILLIONS of other people... :rolleyes:

Well, every ride, except the Caro-Seuss-el was an hour or more so we just decided to bite bullet and stand on line for the Jurassic Park River adventure.

I took my son and his friend, both 7 at the time. On line behind us were a group of Latin women, about 6 of them, and every one of them were, well.... surgically ENHANCED in one particular area. It was VERY obvious. Well, my son's friend, a little girl, could NOT stop staring at them. :earseek: I kept trying to distract her but she kept staring with this look of eeeewwwwwwwwww pure disgust!

The ladies would smile at her and offered her candy, but she just kept staring at their "enhancements"! She finally turned to me and asked "why do people dress like that to show off their...." you can only guess the next word! Everyone on the line around us went into hysterics!! The group of ladies, who thankfully did not speak English, kept smiling. :tongue:

It was a LOOOOOOONG wait....

When my fiance and I went to IOA in September, there was this big burly guy with lots of tattoos that got onto Dueling Dragons right next to my fi. He turns to him and says that he's never been on a roller coaster before, and he's terrified, and sorry if he throws up or reaches to hold his hand in terror. Afterward, he's a nervous wreck, saying he'll never ride a roller coaster again. He and his friend, who was also big, burly, and very much tattooed, walk over to their IOA rented scooters (the kind elderly people often use), and ride off into the sunset together. It was too funny, and very, very bizarre. :p

Once I saw some Japanese tourists try to get into Universal with WDW park hopper tickets. The attendant seemed quite angry that they were using the wrong tickets!

Barry,
You would be AMAZED at the number of people who go into a Disney Store and purchase tickets and at some point ask if they are also good for Universal. Or they just start asking about Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens. They think that since it's Florida, it MUST be Disney World! It's really very funny, and I often wonder how well they have prepared for their trip if they don't realize that Universal and WDW are two separate entities! (I mean, there IS a certain amount of planning the first time visitor needs to do!)

These are very closely related to the people who go into the DisneyStore asking for Tweety Bird, or even worse, thought that the (now-closed) Warner Brothers store across from our DisneyStore was the same as us.

I never realized how difficult the concept was for people...and I really still don't understand WHY it's so difficult! :rolleyes:

Karen

My own SISTER asked me what park in Disney was Universal!!
mdrbig.gif

:eek:

Doesn't she know enough to ask YOU what the scoop is???

I guess people don't realize too how much is involved in becoming a theme park commando/expert!

I wish I could think of some of the funny questions I've overheard, but alas, they fail me now!!!!

Karen

Barry:
Another time at Curious George, I saw a kid there. Nothing unusual there, but I think his parents were changing his clothes right in the open. He was buck naked with his, um, manhood right out! Diginity is not a hard thing and neither is walking to the nearest restroom!

You think that's bad? One time, not only did I have the bad sense to go see the x-treme x-venture show, but I got stuck sitting right on a place where somebody must have changed their babies diapers, because below me on the ground I saw a bundled up diaper, which was to say, not bundled too well. Not only did it stink to high heaven, but I had gotten some on my shoe! So I left the viewing area and went back outside and started wiping my foot on every curb and carpet I could find, I mean, that stuff would not come off! Now that I think about it though, the was probably not the smartest thing to do since I would have probably gotten something if I had told somebody, and I passed an attendant on my way out to wipe my shoe, she told me to be back in 5 minutes or I'll miss the show. God, if I had seen that show before that happened, I would have wiped my shoe on the stage.

Sakes, this IS a loaded question.
I could tell you some real freaky stories of the "weird" things I've seen.

2 of my favorites:

I don't know the circumstances, but I remember a man streaking down the street from Toon Lagoon into Marvel island, with about 3 security guards chasing him. The man was completely without clothing.

A guest decided it would be great fun to "dress up" in a home-made Wolverine costume. He came complete with Reebox sneakers and a rubber Wolverine mask. He was standing on a street corner in Marvel Island signing autographs and taking pictures. I wish I could've seen his face behind the mask when the real Wolverine showed up. The guest did take off running....

Last Easter I was waiting for my famlly to ride Duelling Dragons (I was too chicken) and I stood at the viewing area halfway up the path to the ride.
I was leaning on the fence watching the ride to the left go(I cant remember if its Fire or Ice)when a rucksack came flying off the ride, bounced off the track of the other coaster(fortunately only one was running at the time) and crashed to the ground, where it burst open.
What amazed me was the size of the rucksack. It was HUGE. I cant imagine how you could sneak one of those past the attendants or where you would put it. She must have held it on her lap.
I know it was a "she" as I was still there when this girl came down the path crying.Her friends were giving her a hard time.
I was also still there when one of the staff climbed down the steep slope to the left of the viewing area to rescue the rucksack.

People do the strangest things

Sometimes I like to hang around the bridge area in Marvel Island and just watch stuff fly out of Hulk as it comes out of the tube. I mostly see hats, glasses, maps, and cell phones. Some fall into the net, but often if there's a good breeze stuff can hit the ground or go into the water. One time I saw an employee come out with a pool net to fish someone's glasses out of the water.

I once had a tube of Chap Stick miss me by about 2 feet and have narrowly avoided loose change several times. Who says you have to ride to get a thrill? :)

I once saw someone with a small backpack hop on Dueling Dragons and the attendants let him keep it. I'd figure it would fly into orbit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter