Welcome to Carbapalooza ~ Oct 2016 Dining Report - Completed 8/13 (Updates x18, OMG!)

Living through your food pics OMNOMNOM
Me too, girl!

I'm ready!!
Me too, hoping to get the first update up tonight! If not, then definitely tomorrow! (I would be working on it right now, in fact, but Photobucket is down. Until the site comes back online I have no photos to include! My hands are tied at the moment!)

Excited to read along. Hoping to get some great drink ideas for our trip in May.
I had some super yummy ones this trip, but I didn't take great notes, so hopefully as I'm doing the updates, the internet will help me with the specifics!

Congratulations on the weight loss!! I started exercising 4x a week in July and I have only lost 7lbs! So discouraging. Any tips?
Most of mine has been diet more so than exercise, honestly. I follow a SUPER low-carb diet, where I eat basically nothing but meat, eggs, cheese, and mushrooms, and the occasional green veggies. I also take GNC multivitamins and a fiber supplement. That's really it!

Last edited:
Texas de Brazil
International Drive, Orlando
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Dinner

(I should preface this by saying upfront that this will be the most detailed, extensive review out of this entire report... and it's only non-Disney restaurant I'm reviewing. I promise that I didn't plan it this way, but I just took SO MANY photos here because there was just so many things to photograph! All the rest of my restaurants, I took 1-5 pics. This one I took approximately 34,975,893 of them. So basically what I'm saying is: Don't get used to it!)

I arrived right on time for my 5:30pm reservation, and the place was pretty empty! I think I was one of the first reservations of the night. That being said, I still had to wait a while to be seated, which I found extremely odd. (Found out later that their computers were down!) But only maybe 10 minutes, then I was lead to a actually kinda neat table. It was against a glass wall that housed this wine cooler/cellar/fridge thing (I'm so classy)...

20161020_173351-1.jpg

To my left I could look across this part of the restaurant and see the show kitchen where they prepare some of the meats...

20161020_173343-1.jpg

My server was a girl named Raquel, and she was just the cutest, sweetest thing! She explained to me how everything worked, and brought me these adorable little baby Brazilian Cheese Bread rolls!

20161020_173937-1.jpg

I ate exactly one of them. They were fine, but I was saving room for the good stuff!

Raquel also brought me my cocktail, which made her pretty much my favorite person in the entire world:

20161020_175245-1.jpg

Don't ask me what it was or what was in it. Rum, that much I know, only because I always order rum beverages. I didn't take notes, because I thought for sure I could look it up online when I got home. Guess what? I was wrong.

Raquel also brought a couple of hot sides directly to my table:

20161020_175155-1.jpg

Really crazy tasty mashed potatoes!

20161020_175212-1.jpg

Fried Bananas with Cinnamon and Sugar!

And directly in front of my table was the bar where additional hot and cold side-dishes and salads are self-served...

20161020_173347-1.jpg

To the far left you can kinda see the hot bar. which on this night had Brazilian black beans with chunks of pork in them, rice, steamed mushrooms, au gratin potatoes, and lobster bisque (ALL of which were delicious!). The lighted bar you see to the right wrapped around on both sides, and was full of all kinds of interesting cold salads and sides (including a potato salad that I couldn't get enough of!). Here's some pics of some of the things I got from these two stations:

20161020_174000-1.jpg

Clockwise from Top: Some sort of cold shrimp, fresh mozzarella, sushi (California roll), Salmon with Capers and Mustard Sauce, Pineapple Carpaccio, and that AMAZING potato salad I just mentioned!

20161020_174016-1.jpg

Lobster Bisque.

20161020_175100-1.jpg

Brazilian Black Beans with Pork, Rice, Mushrooms.

20161020_175115-1.jpg

More of that yum-yum nommy-nommy tater salad!

20161020_180806-1.jpg

Mushrooms and au gratin potatoes.

Before long, the gauchos (the guys running around with skewers of grilled meats... think Ohana, but with 12 meats instead of just 3) began to approach, and the meat-fest began! Vegetarians and Vegans, ya'll might wanna look away now, because it's about to get real up in here. If meat is murder, then murder tastes DELICIOUS:

20161020_181204-1.jpg

2016-10-20%2023.17.45.jpg

2016-10-20%2023.18.20.jpg

20161020_175857-1.jpg

20161020_180939-1.jpg

20161020_181547.jpg

Yeah. Pretty much a carnivore's dream.

After I finally said "NO MORE!" that's when Raquel, bless her heart, tried to sell me on dessert. And I do mean "sell" as it's not included in the $46.99+tax price tag. Yep, you heard me right. NOPE, I'm quite happy with my included-with-my-dinner fried bananas for a sweet end to my meal, thank you very much!

She DID, however, humor me and bring the presentation tray over so that I could take a photo for all of you!

20161020_184313-1.jpg

Pretty, right? For her trouble, I filled out a comment card for Raquel. On it I wrote: "Raquel is WONDERFUL. Give that girl a raise! Food/atmosphere is fantastic, too." (I should mention that Raquel was a newlywed, only married a week, and her husband works in the restaurant also. She dragged him over to introduce him to me after she and I had our phones out and were showing each other pictures/gushing about our cats. Yeah, me and my server totally became besties.)

Back to the food... Now I know that I haven't labeled the meats or the desserts. Frankly, I'm not sure I could have told you what they all were as I was sitting there, much less now, over two weeks later. However, for those who just NEED to know, I did find this handy-dandy graphic on the interwebz to sorta break it down for you:

texas_menu.png

So in summary, would I come back here or any other Brazilian Steakhouse? You bet your sweet petunia I would. I'm already considering revisiting it on the first night of my next solo trip. It was an absolutely awesome experience, and both the food and the service were out-of-this-world-AMAZING!

Last edited:
Yum! We have a Texas De Brazil at a mall nearby and we go for my boyfriend's burthday every year asks. The food is so good there!

Texas De Brazil is life! If you sign up for their emails or reward club or whatever it's called, you get a $25 off coupon for your bday. It used to be a BOGO dinner but I think they caught on that that was the only time DH and I visited.

(I should preface this by saying upfront that this will be the most detailed, extensive review out of this entire report... and it's only non-Disney restaurant I'm reviewing. I promise that I didn't plan it this way, but I just took SO MANY photos here because there was just so many things to photograph! All the rest of my restaurants, I took 1-5 pics. This one I took approximately 34,975,893 of them. So basically what I'm saying is: Don't get used to it!)
I call foul. I only counted 34,975,892 pictures. Which coincidentally happens to be my favorite number. :-)

20161020_175245-1.jpg

Don't ask me what it was or what was in it. Rum, that much I know, only because I always order rum beverages. I didn't take notes, because I thought for sure I could look it up online when I got home. Guess what? I was wrong.
Behold the nameless drink. What a great way to start vacation :drinking1

And directly in front of my table was the bar where additional hot and cold side-dishes and salads are self-served...

20161020_173347-1.jpg

To the far left you can kinda see the hot bar. which on this night had Brazilian black beans with chunks of pork in them, rice, steamed mushrooms, au gratin potatoes, and lobster bisque (ALL of which were delicious!). The lighted bar you see to the right wrapped around on both sides, and was full of all kinds of interesting cold salads and sides (including a potato salad that I couldn't get enough of!). Here's some pics of some of the things I got from these two stations:
Wow!!!! That's a lot of sides. Wonder why they brought the potatoes and bananas to your table and didn't just have them on the bar with everything else.

20161020_175100-1.jpg

Brazilian Black Beans with Pork, Rice, Mushrooms.
Ahh, I bet you got all those mushrooms just for me :P

20161020_181547.jpg

Yeah. Pretty much a carnivore's dream.
That is a lot of freakin' meat!!!!!!!!!!! What was your favorite?

Back to the food... Now I know that I haven't labeled the meats or the desserts. Frankly, I'm not sure I could have told you what they all were as I was sitting there, much less now, over two weeks later. However, for those who just NEED to know, I did find this handy-dandy graphic on the interwebz to sorta break it down for you:

texas_menu.png
Had to laugh at the juicy filet and then the filet wrapped in bacon. Is the bacon filet not juicy? What about the rest of the meats, think they are jealous :-)

This report is so much fun! I think you could write a travel book, your writing style is delightful.

I have never been interested in this place but now they're opening one fairly close to me, and I think we is gonna hafta visit! Except I'll have to splurge and get the dessert, because that picture just makes it all look too beautiful :blush:

Here to follow along with all da food. Yum. We have a similar Brazillian steakhouse place here and it is SO GOOD.

This proud carrying member of Team Carnivore definitely thinks you hit the jackpot with this first meal. And all those sides look sumptuous as well.
You're off to a fantastic start!

I actually started reading this yesterday during some quiet time towards the end of my shift but then my coworkers started to pay attention (just as as I was starting to browse those beautiful meat photos) and were getting quite hungry so I had to exit :laughing:

I can't believe you only had one of the little cheese bread balls! I always have at least six...because I have no self control when it comes to them. :sad2:

My favorite cut is Picanha because it has a little ring of crispy fat around the edge :rolleyes1

This post totally made me hungry! I'm so glad you had an awesome experience here. Everything looks delish! What a great way to kick off your vacation!

I've heard about this place but never been so wonderful to see all the pics. Thank you for thinking to include it in your dining report. Carnivore cuisine. Yum. :cloud9:

Heeeeeere and SOOO EXCITED about it!! Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!! I thought you looked fabulous in your pictures and I thought you looked like you had lost some weight.. That is fantastic!!

Also LOLing at Vacation Lush. I think I am going to put that on my resume.

Love, love, loooooveeee Texas de Brazil!!! We are huge Ohana fans so when we found out there was a Texas de Brazil nearby we had to go for my husband's birthday. I can taste that bacon wrapped filet now... yum.

And we had the chocolate cake in your photo with the layers of icing/mousse and it was DELICIOUS.

Now I want steak.

Yum! I love Brazilian steak houses! Haven't been in a long while but I love the food and atmosphere!

Yum! We have a Texas De Brazil at a mall nearby and we go for my boyfriend's burthday every year asks. The food is so good there!
If I had one nearby, that would probably my birthday request every year, too!

Texas De Brazil is life! If you sign up for their emails or reward club or whatever it's called, you get a $25 off coupon for your bday. It used to be a BOGO dinner but I think they caught on that that was the only time DH and I visited.
I saw that email thingy! But since I don't plan on going during my birthday month anytime soon, I passed on it for the time-being.

I call foul. I only counted 34,975,892 pictures. Which coincidentally happens to be my favorite number. :-)
When did you get so pedantic, woman?! Have another drink. ;)

Behold the nameless drink. What a great way to start vacation :drinking1
The Nameless Cocktail will probably resurface a few times during this report, honestly. I suck at taking notes.

Wow!!!! That's a lot of sides. Wonder why they brought the potatoes and bananas to your table and didn't just have them on the bar with everything else.
I wondered that too, but didn't think to ask. Probably because I was too busy shoveling all the food into my face hole.

Ahh, I bet you got all those mushrooms just for me :P
I did! I thought of you as I ate each and every delicious one of them!

That is a lot of freakin' meat!!!!!!!!!!! What was your favorite?
Actually, to my surprise, the lamb chops! The steak cuts were all fantastic, but while told they would be medium rare, they were actually more medium. Of those, my faves were the garlic picanha (a Brazilian cut with this fantastic layer of fat around the outside) and the filet. But the lamb chops were perfect!

Had to laugh at the juicy filet and then the filet wrapped in bacon. Is the bacon filet not juicy? What about the rest of the meats, think they are jealous :-)
Hmmm, I only recall one filet, juicy or otherwise. But looking at that menu I posted, I only see one type of picanha listed, where as when I went there was two (regular and garlic seasoned). So I can only assume it rotates or something!

Think I gained 5 lbs just drooling over the photos!!

#worthit
Stick around, it gets heavier (just like I did during this trip).

This report is so much fun! I think you could write a travel book, your writing style is delightful.
Aww, thank you so much! I really appreciate that!

I have never been interested in this place but now they're opening one fairly close to me, and I think we is gonna hafta visit! Except I'll have to splurge and get the dessert, because that picture just makes it all look too beautiful :blush:
Not gonna lie, it was REAL hard to turn down dessert once I saw that tray. I think next time I go there, I'll be sure to budget accordingly!

Here to follow along with all da food. Yum. We have a similar Brazillian steakhouse place here and it is SO GOOD.
It's kind of a good thing that the closest one to me is an hour away, honestly. Otherwise they'd be getting ALL my monies.

This proud carrying member of Team Carnivore definitely thinks you hit the jackpot with this first meal. And all those sides look sumptuous as well.
You're off to a fantastic start!
It was totally a dream meal for a Tyrannosaurus Rex like me. #teamcarnivore

I actually started reading this yesterday during some quiet time towards the end of my shift but then my coworkers started to pay attention (just as as I was starting to browse those beautiful meat photos) and were getting quite hungry so I had to exit :laughing:
Sometimes when I'm poking around on Disney Food Blog or whatever at work, I know my coworkers have got to be glancing at my screen occasionally and being like "Man, that fatty sure does love food!"

I can't believe you only had one of the little cheese bread balls! I always have at least six...because I have no self control when it comes to them. :sad2:
It was tempting but I knew I needed to save precious room for the meat parade!

My favorite cut is Picanha because it has a little ring of crispy fat around the edge :rolleyes1
Yassss! So good. When I was there they had the regular picanha, but then also a garlic picanha and I loooooved that one!

This post totally made me hungry! I'm so glad you had an awesome experience here. Everything looks delish! What a great way to kick off your vacation!
It was definitely a delicious start to my vacation, that's for sure!

I've heard about this place but never been so wonderful to see all the pics. Thank you for thinking to include it in your dining report. Carnivore cuisine. Yum. :cloud9:
I'm allll about the carnivore cuisine, for sure! #teamcarnivore

Heeeeeere and SOOO EXCITED about it!! Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!! I thought you looked fabulous in your pictures and I thought you looked like you had lost some weight.. That is fantastic!!
Aww, thank you SO SO SO Much!!

lso LOLing at Vacation Lush. I think I am going to put that on my resume.
Man, I totally didn't even think of that! It's totally going on there now.

Love, love, loooooveeee Texas de Brazil!!! We are huge Ohana fans so when we found out there was a Texas de Brazil nearby we had to go for my husband's birthday. I can taste that bacon wrapped filet now... yum.
Yesss, I love Ohana, too! (No surprise, there!) It'll come up later in this report!

And we had the chocolate cake in your photo with the layers of icing/mousse and it was DELICIOUS.
Mmmmm, it looks super yummy!!! Think I'm gonna have to splurge for dessert next time for reals.

Now I want steak.
Girl, I ALWAYS want steak.

Yum! I love Brazilian steak houses! Haven't been in a long while but I love the food and atmosphere!
This was my first one, and I'm most definitely a fan now!

Sing it, sister! :drinking1

Looking forward to the rest of your reviews!
Gonna do one more little review tonight I think, just a 1-photo quick service place. But I promised to go in chronological order and to do at least one a week, so that's what's up next!

Wow, I can see now why you were excited to go to the meat lover's palace! And I am definitely increasing my alcohol budget for my next trip!
I think I need to decrease my alcohol budget for my next trip... I kinda overdid it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter