• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're back! SSR Report.

NemoMOm

DIS Veteran
Okay, so we were at SSR 2/23-3/3. It was our first time going home:goodvibes I was a little nervous about SSR because of all threads where people express their dislike for it.

We LOVED it! We really like the decor and the cms were really great! We got a great location too. That week was very dead, we were lucky. It is between Pres. Day and Spring Break so it is very quiet.

When we checked in the cm asked us if where we wanted to be, I thought that was nice. I told her we would like to be near the bus stop, pool, and not too far from the Lobby. She put us in Padd. 5432. It was perfect. It had everything including the playground which DS loved. The bus for AK and MK did take longer because of SSR's location but DTD and EPCOT were mins. We never had to wait very long a bus and never had to stand on a bus. In fact, we often had the bus all to ourselves when coming/going for nap. We stayed in a studio which was very nice but really no placce to put luggage. I think we need more points:rotfl:

The resort was very quite and relaxing which we really liked. When you have a full day at the parks with a little one it is nice to come home and relax. We took the boat and walked to DTD. DS prefered the boat:) .

DH is very critical so I thought for sure he would find something wrong with it (other than the bed!) but half way through he asked why people didn't like it.:confused3

If you have any questions about SSR let me know and I'll try to answer.

I am glad to hear this. We re going in a month for our first time home. I too am a little critical, but I was the one that reall pushed us into DVC.

How long do you think the bus was to EPCOT? We liek to eat there, so I wanted to know how long to plan for. Is it 15 mins, 30 mins???

I'm glad y'all had such a wonderful time. We, too, love SSR. We've been 4 times and have another visit coming up in June. :goodvibes

Thanks for the info.

We'll be going home to SSR for our 1st time in May.
We can't wait!!!

I'm going with 5 of my girlfriends the last week of April. I requested the Springs - supposed to be close to everything. Should I have requested the Paddock's? Hmmmm.......:scratchin

Glad to hear you liked SSR. We are headed there on March 20 for a week's stay. We have been there before and fell in love with the Congress Park area.

I am very happy to hear that the bus service seems to have picked up.

ro80 you may want to request the Grandstand near the new pool if its available.

We also really loved SSR and think its in a class of its own. When they finish with the renovations over at DDT it will only make SSR that much nice ;)

Great Report!!

I am soooo ready for our trip next week!! It's a girls trip and I am going to request the Grandstand or Congress Park. I am already loving those red loungers by the new pool. I can see myself in one of those right now!:goodvibes

Glad you had a good time at home!

We have never wanted to stay anywhere else but AKL and GF, now we have points at AKV.

When it comes to the Disboards you will notice that on any Disney subject there are those who are so for it and there are those that are so against it. After years on these boards I've found that it's best to take the strong opinions you read on the dis with a grain of salt. Do your research, then try out the things that interest you.

You should join us on the SSR Lovers and/or Owners thread. In there, it's nothing but love for SSR and quite a bit of it at that. Who knew so many people loved SSR?:goodvibes

mamaprincess,

Since you were in the dreaded Paddocks area, what was the road traffic noise like? Did you notice and when/where? How are the trees coming along in that area?

mamaprincess,

Since you were in the dreaded Paddocks area, what was the road traffic noise like? Did you notice and when/where? How are the trees coming along in that area?

We were in the paddocks area during our March 06 trip. I don't recall any road noise. We were however, in the Carousel area during our most recent trip (Dec 06) and were treated to a lovely view of the road!:thumbsup2 I could be hard of hearing but I did not notice any road noise then either.

I'm going with 5 of my girlfriends the last week of April. I requested the Springs - supposed to be close to everything. Should I have requested the Paddock's? Hmmmm.......:scratchin

We were in the Paddocks for our Christmas trip. We had requested Springs or Congress, but ended up in the Paddocks.

The Paddocks were fine! Did not notice any road noise or other distractions. Very peaceful and very nice pool area just outside of our building. Bus stop worked fine, especially since we were the #2 stop on the SSR circuit (probably #3 now since the bus will stop in Grandstand first). Yes, you do have to walk across the lake, but it is a beautiful and relaxing walk. You walk right up to the High Springs pool and to Artiste Palette and the spa. No steps!

Enjoy your stay, wherever you stay! We have requested either Congress or Grandstand for our next stay in May - one without the children!!!

We are headed to SSR for spring break and this is our first time coming home :banana: We have booked a grand villa because we are bringing the whole family :thumbsup2 We have kids from 11 to 3, so what is the best section to request? Is there anything special we need to know about SSR? We usually take the family to OKW so this is a big change! We even have 2 first timers with us :woohoo: who are very excited to be going to WDW!

One of my first timers will be celebrating his 11th birthday while we are there :cool1: any suggestions on how to make it even more special?

20 days till we are there and I am worse than the kids with anticipation! :dance3:

We stayed in the paddocks on our Dec. trip and were very happy with the location. SSR is a wonderful resort and we look forward to many more trips there in the future.

Okay, so we were at SSR 2/23-3/3. It was our first time going home:goodvibes I was a little nervous about SSR because of all threads where people express their dislike for it.
We LOVED it!

Same thing with us. So nice to hear you fell in love with SSR. We cannot wait to return. We were amazed by this beautiful resort.

We are booked for our 1st trip home in June. I have to admit I have been a little worried that I would be disappointed with SSR since my very 1st trip as a DVC member was at BW. We loved it there and it was so close to my favorite park, Epcot. But after reading these posts, I feel much better.

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great time. We, (myself, DD, 2 DGDs) will be there in about 40 days and are staying at SS for the first time in a studio. Since I don't know much about the layout of SS, it is great to read the posts about different locations. The CM in Member Services recommended we stay near the Carriage House (does that sound right?) since it would be close to everything. We are traveling with 2 toddlers and will not have a car so it is important that we are fairly close to everything. Again, thanks for the post. I am sure we will enjoy SS. :)

mamaprincess,

HI,

Sorry just saw this one. We actually enjoyed staying at the Paddocks. We did not hear any traffic in fact it was VERY quite. Which is great when you're trying to get a toddler down for a nap. I'm sorry to say we did not pay attention to the trees, we did think the landscaping was nice. They have put in some beautiful roses.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter