• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're back! SSR Report.

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great time. We, (myself, DD, 2 DGDs) will be there in about 40 days and are staying at SS for the first time in a studio. Since I don't know much about the layout of SS, it is great to read the posts about different locations. The CM in Member Services recommended we stay near the Carriage House (does that sound right?) since it would be close to everything. We are traveling with 2 toddlers and will not have a car so it is important that we are fairly close to everything. Again, thanks for the post. I am sure we will enjoy SS. :)

The CH is close to everything. However, be warned that it is the last on the bus stop and the most crowded. It is close to the big pool and lobby.

mamaprincess,

Since you were in the dreaded Paddocks area, what was the road traffic noise like? Did you notice and when/where? How are the trees coming along in that area?

Dreaded is subjective, we have stayed in Congress Park, Spring, and Paddocks. We enjoyed the Paddocks as much as Congress Park and more than Springs. It is what we always request.

There were no noise issues.

We are headed to SSR for spring break and this is our first time coming home :banana: We have booked a grand villa because we are bringing the whole family :thumbsup2 We have kids from 11 to 3, so what is the best section to request? Is there anything special we need to know about SSR? We usually take the family to OKW so this is a big change! We even have 2 first timers with us :woohoo: who are very excited to be going to WDW!

One of my first timers will be celebrating his 11th birthday while we are there :cool1: any suggestions on how to make it even more special?

20 days till we are there and I am worse than the kids with anticipation! :dance3:

SSR is really sprawling, but I love it. Congress Park is nearest walk to DTD, which I like for the dining/shopping options.

About the birthday, I think the resort will give balloons or sometihng in the room IF they know in advance. Wouldn't hurt to remind them. I know whichever park you go to, if you go to the guest relations area, they'll give him a special BIG button to wear and CMs will wish him happy birthday all day long. Kinda fun for a kid. Heck, kinda fun for an adult.:cool2:

Oh goodness, we love and own at SSR also! My family and I have stayed at almost every Disney resort with the exception of 2 (GF and the CBR). My favorite still comes back to SSR! (my last stay last year was at the Poly concierge on points but I still missed SSR).

We love the pools, the Carriage House, the staff, the bus service was some of the best we've ever had, the walking to DTD...etc. We were pleased with everything on all of our stays so far.

The thing that really cracks us up is that people say its too spread out? I can't really say any place at Disney is compact...ya know...LOL. Its no more spread out than any other resort I've been too.

have a great trip!
Esmerelda

We are headed to SSR for spring break and this is our first time coming home :banana: We have booked a grand villa because we are bringing the whole family :thumbsup2 We have kids from 11 to 3, so what is the best section to request? Is there anything special we need to know about SSR? We usually take the family to OKW so this is a big change! We even have 2 first timers with us :woohoo: who are very excited to be going to WDW!

One of my first timers will be celebrating his 11th birthday while we are there :cool1: any suggestions on how to make it even more special?

20 days till we are there and I am worse than the kids with anticipation! :dance3:

I read on another thread that someone ordered a cake at Artist's Pallette. They faxed the order over to Boardwalk Bakery, and the cake was delivered to AP for family pickup.

At what point do we "request" our Room Preferences?

We will be staying at SSR in May for the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. I am new at being a DVC owner and would like advice on the best time/way to share my room preferences with the resort room assigner types.

Thanks!

At what point do we "request" our Room Preferences?

We will be staying at SSR in May for the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. I am new at being a DVC owner and would like advice on the best time/way to share my room preferences with the resort room assigner types.

Thanks!

I believe the only time you can make a request is during your initial reservation request.

I agree if you really want something that is popular you may want to request it at the time of booking. That being said when we went it was so dead (we were the only people in the lobby) she asked where we would like to be and even pulled out the map. We just told her we wanted to be near pool and bus stop. Turned out to be a perfect location for us. Good Luck!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter