We're on our last roll of cheapo toilet paper- never again!!!

If I bring anything other than Charmin home, my whole family revolts! And it has to be a certain Charmin, the ultra soft is too soft, the basic doesn't work, has to be the ultra strong. :thumbsup2

Ah yes and might I add in a revolt against the Target Garbage bags. A huge box was on sale and I couldn't resist. It has like 10,000 bags in it. And they all stink. No really stink- they just break and won't stay up in my can. It's going to be a long time until I run through them all.

Well we've all heard about the high divorce rate among couples because of money fights, but there's no way that is accurate. It has to be about disagreements over TP, and this is a subject that should be added to pre-marriage counseling.

The only value I view appropriate about many of the cheap brands previously mentioned, is to deploy some when the in-laws arrive and it makes for a brief visit.

Now, as someone who has the 2-3 hotel night a week opportunity...I can affirm some horror stories. So like booze, I bring my own!

I've always been a Charmin girl, but I've found Trader Joe's TP is just as luxurious and quite a bit more cost effective. :cool1:

We actually like the "cheap" Scott's and the Walgreens version. Maybe we're rough and tough because we don't really like the soft quilted stuff.

I only buy Angel Soft. We have older pipes and have had expensive plumbing issues in the past.

I thought Angel Soft was the thin cheap stuff :rolleyes:

I love the Soft and Pure Premium TP that comes in a huge package. They are a full double roll-500 sheets and are individually wrapped. Some find that annoying. Because they are a full 500 sheets, I don't have to replace the roll that often.

I bought Royale a while back when it was on sale and I had a coupon. Horrible stuff. Remember the Charmin commercial with the bits of TP on the bear cub? need I say more? Today I was out at Wal-Mart and everyone seemed to be stocking up on the Royale. I managed to get rid of all my coupons to the other shoppers who thought they were getting an even better deal on TP!

I love the Members Mark TP from Sams! Its one of the few reasons I keep my membership. I can't tell a difference between it and Charmin Strong.

Ah yes and might I add in a revolt against the Target Garbage bags. A huge box was on sale and I couldn't resist. It has like 10,000 bags in it. And they all stink. No really stink- they just break and won't stay up in my can. It's going to be a long time until I run through them all.

Up and Up trash bags are such a joke! Man, I don't know how they sell them.

I don't like their diapers either although I know a few peep who love them.

NOT a fan of Scott for our family, it feels more like tissue paper to me. Not soft at all.

I also don't care much for Kirkland brand, only because it will not come off the roll properly. It always gets stuck and tears half way. Drives me nuts!
If you look at the Scotts packaging, it really is called toilet tissue, not toilet paper. My mom loves the stuff, and I can't stand it.

I am very, very picky about my toilet paper! I usually always buy Charmin. I have bought the Sam's brand before....but really prefer Charmin. I have tried others and I always regret it. A couple of months ago I bought Northern....ugh! So rough!! I would rather spend a little more and have softness on my tush!!

Northern Quilted double is what I use now, it's the closest I can find to the original red package of Charmin. Before they did all the crazy changes.

If I bring anything other than Charmin home, my whole family revolts! And it has to be a certain Charmin, the ultra soft is too soft, the basic doesn't work, has to be the ultra strong. :thumbsup2

I used to love the Red Charmin, before it went to the Strong. I can't stand the ultra, too puffy. They redid the Basic again, and it just sucks. It's too expensive now, and it's just not what it used to be. Don't fix it if it ain't broken.

I know I am weird but I LIKE the basic Scotts TP, and it is all I buy. It lasts longer on the roll, too. 6 adults living here, the soft puffy rolls have to be replaced too often for me.

And my Mom used Charmin, very soft, but I switched as an adult. It seems to be cheaper, but I like it better anyway. :love:

Same here. We bought a family pack if charmin and it was awful. It felt like we change the roll every other day. Thefevwa a ton of tissue lint all over the bathroom. When we got down to a four pack we won't back to Scotts and save the fluffy stuff for back up in case we run out of Scotts.

I've found Scott's to be the best value but now I'm curious about the stuff at Walgreens.

Thanks for the advice.

:)

No No! Not Walgreens, Wegmans! I hope you haven't already bought Walgreen's brand. It's the blue package at Wegmans grocery store.

Will use the Charmin red, but not the others, (I was told once they leave "lint" if you get my drift ;)), My favorite is Quilted Northern Ultra, reasonable when on sale at Publix, usually can find a coupon, and not too badly priced at WalMart. Cottonelle Ultra is okay, not my favorite. I'm sorry but I won't skimp on toilet paper. Paper towels are different, I generally buy Viva if they're cheap but have found the Target brand pick a size to be comparable. I really like the pick a size, no more wasting a whole sheet!

I am rolling on the floor laughing!! These responses are cracking me up. Pre-marital toilet paper counseling!! Getting rid of the in-laws with cheap toilet paper- yes!!

I've learned over the years that if you want to switch brands of TP, try a "test" roll first. Buy a single roll rather than a multi-pack to see if you like the new stuff.

I'm pretty loyal to Scott Brand TP. I've tried the soft, fluffy stuff but I don't like it. Marcal is good, too, as is the Walgreen brand and the Shop Rite store brand. I mainly buy Scott, though, unless I'm broke and then I buy generic.

I generally buy whatever 2 "soft" is on sale. DH is horrified when I purchase 1 ply or cheap 2 ply. He's another husband who uses an abornal amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter