Were you the favourite child growing up?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
i would say no for myself , i grew up with a brother and i would say he was maybe preferred to myself.

Well, technically, my parents didn't have "favorites" - but if you go kind of by who was most similar to whom, I'd say I was my dad's and my brother was my mom's.

I would say my oldest sister was my Mother's favorite and my other sister was my Father's.

No

I’m the oldest of four and I would say my younger sister was/is.

:laughing: My sister would say I was. My oldest brother would say my sister was and I would say my oldest brother was. In reality it was our other brother, who was profoundly handicapped, that by necessity absorbed most of the parental time, attention, energy and resources in our family.

I've only got one child so there's no contest there but DH has two daughters (adults now). When they divorced, he and their mother each sort of "picked one" to favour over the years and it's always greatly disturbed me. :(

I was my mom's favorite until my youngest sister was born. I was the first of 8 so I was her helper from age 6 on. I was 14 when the youngest was born. The third born was my dad's favorite as she was the first one my dad was home for when she was born. He had been in the Navy for my birth and my brother's. I was definitely my maternal grandparents favorite.

I was the youngest of several so my parents had pretty much checked out as I got into my teens. Not a good thing, but that's how it was.

"According" to my sister and other family members I was the favorite. I just look at it as learning from my sister's mistakes and NOT repeating them. Since I did not repeat her mistakes, I did not get in trouble. I was my grandma's favorite! She told me!!! I also was the only grandchild who called her to just chat and visited without expecting anything in return.

I was the youngest of 6. My older sisters would say I was the favorite. They reminded me of that often, when our parents were alive. :rolleyes:

ETA: I know many people who have multiple children, including my sisters. They all deny they favor the baby, but they do. Personal experience is the reason I only wanted one child. If your other children say you favor the baby, believe them. IME, you do, you just refuse to admit it.

Last edited:
No I wasn’t. But as an adult I was the one closest to my mom prior to her passing and am still the closest of my siblings to my dad now as well. We lived 8 miles away from each other, next closest sibling lived 2 hours away.

My two sisters said and still say to this day that I'm my mom's favorite... but I've never seen it to be true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter