Whaddya think of my deal?

peter putnam

Earning My Ears
Hi all, first off, People are very kind and helpful on these forums. Well, I just booked a solo package for this 48 year old Disney fan -me! Anyway, I wanted to know what veterans think of the deal I might buy. I preface this by saying a Hartford, Ct., RT to Orlando is around 200 bucks normally, I think... Now, my Southwest Airlines package is for a RT ticket for Jan. 7th, 2005 to Jan. 12th, a 4 day "Hopper" pass, a Ramada Inn (main Gate east) hotel room, and that's it. Now the price is 760$. What do you think of that deal, do you think I could do better on my own? It seems pretty good, but I'm a Disney novice. Please advise, thanks soooo much antemano, peter :jumping4:

Ok, let's break it down:

RT: $200
4 day hopper: $235 (Gate price)
that leaves hotel, which I found an average nightly rate of $65/night (plus 11% for taxes) for 5 nights equals 360.75
Grand total:
$855.75

Now, if you bought your tickets through a whole saler, like ticketmania, you could get a 4 day hopper plus ticket for $220.
If you went onto priceline, you may get a hotel closer for less (Maingate is in Kissimee).
Otherwise, it doesn't sound like too bad of a deal. If you did it yourself, you may come up with the same price anyways.
Jo

peter putnam said:
my Southwest Airlines package is for a RT ticket for Jan. 7th, 2005 to Jan. 12th, a 4 day "Hopper" pass, a Ramada Inn (main Gate east) hotel room, and that's it. Now the price is 760$. What do you think of that deal, do you think I could do better on my own? It seems pretty good, but I'm a Disney novice. Please advise, thanks soooo much antemano, peter :jumping4:

Peter, did you try booking directly with Disney with the latest DISCOUNT CODE IS BDP (link on this site: http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-current.htm#ro) which could get a POP room for $55 plus tx.(if the dates are available).Disney reservations toll free # 800-828-0228, but be sure to tlel them you want room only. Or you can go to the Dinsey website www.disneyworld.com and click on the winter specials :) Also you can order your 4 day park hopper in advance from Disney for $213 plus $3 S&H.

A total of about $727, staying on site! All you need to add would be your transfers to the resort - Mears is $27 rd trip or with a disney disount -usually included in your confirmation - $24 rd tip.
I would pay a little more to stay on site, esp traveling alone. No car is required and it's so much easier to get around, return to your resort during the day etc.

I found a SW fare from Hartford to MCO at $186 round trip with one change going down (arriving at 12:50) and non stop returning or a non stop going down & back for $206 arriving in Orlando at 2:30 p.m., returning on a 4:45 flight into Hartford at 7:20 p.m. :)
Hope it works out great!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter