What’s for Dinner Tonight?

I took protein out of the freezer to defrost but decided I wanted “comfort food” from the pantry instead.
It started out being macaroni salad and roasted chicken thighs and somehow became tuna macaroni salad with broccoli florets and peas for that true everything in one dish meal.

Out of the box tonight is Spicy Apricot Chicken with Garden Veggie Orzo. The veg they sent to mix into the orzo is a yellow squash and spinach.

Sunday- taking mom to a play and out to the diner for dinner for her birthday (her choice) assuming she's comfortable leaving my dad long enough for both.

Monday- Tacos that didn't get made last week

Off to do a freezer inventory so we can hopefully hold off until Wednesday for grocery shopping (instead of Sunday) due to the way our paychecks and expenses fell this month.

Off to do a freezer inventory so we can hopefully hold off until Wednesday for grocery shopping (instead of Sunday) due to the way our paychecks and expenses fell this month.

if you need inspiration with what you've got on hand yummly's website lets you plug in ingredients and pull up recipies OR you can just post here-i'm sure you will get a wealth of great suggestions.

if you need inspiration with what you've got on hand yummly's website lets you plug in ingredients and pull up recipies OR you can just post here-i'm sure you will get a wealth of great suggestions.
I posted in the wrong spot. I try to post in the eat at home and the whats for dinner tonight threads. But now you all know what I'm making for dinner for the next couple of nights LOL

We definitely have enough proteins to get us through but we are certainly running the freezer supply down. Just need to chat with DH to see what seems good so the food actually get made and eaten. I've been finding the more we talk about it then the more the leftovers get used for lunches or re-worked for later.

Tonight I had roasted salmon over salad. DH had a pork chop with a salad. He likes salmon, but prefers meat. I prefer salmon and like meat, but not steaks or chops. DD was out.

sunday night (with left over for lunches and dinners wandering into tuesday)-

beef chili
hot dogs (and all the fixins)
baked potatos (i love chili and cheese and tomatos and onion and sour cream on top)
sweedish meatballs over egg noodles.

fingers crossed that wednesday will allow us to grill

friday (if i have the energy for it)-full blown jambalay.

So nice to “shop”through my freezer at times.
I want the inventory to go down so there will be quite a bit of freezer meals in the next weeks.
Took out a quart bag of gumbo made only with andouille sausage and will add roasted chicken thighs to it for dinner.
I’m hoping it’ll still taste good without rice since I really went carb crazy last night. Will have it with a green salad with radish slices. I’ve some cauliflower “rice” in the freezer..maybe that’ll make a decent rice substitute? There’s enough gumbo for two meals so maybe I’ll do one with and one without rice.

BBQ seasoned broiled pork chops with a white bean, mirepoix and tomato sort of sautee/stew thing and butter-toasted ciabatta. It was fantastic; maybe the best thing out of the box we've had yet. I've started to order some of the recipes with double meat because DH is grumbling a little about the small quantities of meat. I try to explain to him that 4oz of meat or fish is what defines a normal portion, but he just keeps looking at me like this: :eek:

So nice to “shop”through my freezer at times.
I want the inventory to go down so there will be quite a bit of freezer meals in the next weeks.
Took out a quart bag of gumbo made only with andouille sausage and will add roasted chicken thighs to it for dinner.
I’m hoping it’ll still taste good without rice since I really went carb crazy last night. Will have it with a green salad with radish slices. I’ve some cauliflower “rice” in the freezer..maybe that’ll make a decent rice substitute? There’s enough gumbo for two meals so maybe I’ll do one with and one without rice.
May I ask if you're currently a household of one? If so, and you're feeding yourself like that, I bow to you! :worship: It always sounds amazing.

BBQ seasoned broiled pork chops with a white bean, mirepoix and tomato sort of sautee/stew thing and butter-toasted ciabatta. It was fantastic; maybe the best thing out of the box we've had yet. I've started to order some of the recipes with double meat because DH is grumbling a little about the small quantities of meat. I try to explain to him that 4oz of meat or fish is what defines a normal portion, but he just keeps looking at me like this: :eek:

May I ask if you're currently a household of one? If so, and you're feeding yourself like that, I bow to you! :worship: It always sounds amazing.

I’ve probably said this before but it’s still true: I enjoy cooking. It’s not a chore…more a little way to create magic in my daily life. So it doesn’t make a difference how many people I’m feeding as long as I’m trying to make the recipients happy.

DGD will return home late spring/early summer so it’ll be back to cooking for more people for a time. Hopefully, she’ll have new techniques and recipes under her belt and we can play more together.

Weeeee!! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter