What’s the best and quickest transportation for a family of four no kids?

kellymouse

Earning My Ears
What’s the best and quickest way to get from MCO to the Polynesian for a family of four, no kids?
Thanks in advance!

We’ve hired a private car service. It was around $200 RT and pick up at baggage claim and dropped us off at our village in CBR so we didn’t have to take the internal shuttle. Then picked us up outside our door when we left.

We’ve hired a private car service. It was around $200 RT and pick up at baggage claim and dropped us off at our village in CBR so we didn’t have to take the internal shuttle. Then picked us up outside our door when we left.

Quickest would be private car service, as above. Second quickest would be taxi, just outside baggage claim doors, followed by Uber/Lyft (have to request them, but they come quickly and also pick up outside baggage claim).

We find using a car service to be pretty quick. It is the best option for us, but of course everyone’s situation is different. It is more expensive than other options, but you are driven directly to your resort. The driver meets us at the luggage carousel and it’s an easy process. We did use DME when it was available (and we miss it!) but we sometimes opted for a car service when it made sense to do so (traveling with older family members, etc). Now that we are a few years older, the car service option is a more comfortable alternative. We have not used services such as Uber, but I’m sure others can elaborate.

We find using a car service to be pretty quick. It is the best option for us, but of course everyone’s situation is different. It is more expensive than other options, but you are driven directly to your resort. The driver meets us at the luggage carousel and it’s an easy process. We did use DME when it was available (and we miss it!) but we sometimes opted for a car service when it made sense to do so (traveling with older family members, etc). Now that we are a few years older, the car service option is a more comfortable alternative. We have not used services such as Uber, but I’m sure others can elaborate.
I greatly prefer car service to rideshare tbh. When I'm solo I don't really care and will generally rideshare, but my partner and I did Tiffany last year because we were coming in on Memorial Day weekend and I didn't want to deal with surge pricing. It was so pleasant we're only doing that from now on.

If you normally have groceries delivered or plan on it, you can use the free grocery stop basically all these services include to get a curbside pickup order, saving on delivery and service fees. We factored that into our math and it was actually cheaper to do a car service than a surge priced rideshare. There's also something to be said for knowing exactly what you're paying ahead of time and pre-paying. Mears is a nonstarter for me because I didn't mind riding to 9 million resorts before mine when it was "free", but I refuse to pay for that.

Checking Mears' prices, you're likely going to spend LESS hiring a car than buying express tickets for 5 people on Mears.

4 people plus baggage is probably going to need two Ubers. 3 people with two suitcases barely fit in the Uber last year for one of my trips.
Must have been a small car. DW, DD, and myself went for a weekend soccer tournament. In the trunk of the car:
1 medium suitcase
1 small suitcase
3 backpacks
two camp chairs
winter coats

Didn't really have to tetris at all. I probably had room for at least another large and small suitcase.

That was in a Toyota Camry FWIW.

4 people plus baggage is probably going to need two Ubers. 3 people with two suitcases barely fit in the Uber last year for one of my trips.
An uber xl should work fine. We've done this a handful of times with plenty of room with the xl and still just as cheap as mears...but without all the extra stops.

I think we would prefer a car service. Which ones do you recommend?
TIA!
FL Tours is the sponsor of this subforum; they are highly reputable.
Other highly reputable options in the area include:
Ace Luxury Transportation is great
Destination MCO is wonderful
Skyline Destination Management holds the transportation contracts for the Four Seasons and the Conrad; they’re great
Mears offers luxury car service as well. I used to drive for them and they have the biggest fleet in town.

Quickest would be private car service, as above. Second quickest would be taxi, just outside baggage claim doors, followed by Uber/Lyft (have to request them, but they come quickly and also pick up outside baggage claim).
I thought taxis picked up on level 1. Typical wait time for ride share is 5 to 7 minutes. A minute or 2 longer then the time it takes to go down a level a d grab a taxi

I thought taxis picked up on level 1. Typical wait time for ride share is 5 to 7 minutes. A minute or 2 longer then the time it takes to go down a level a d grab a taxi
That’s correct. For a while taxis picked up on 1 and 2, but once they started allowing rideshare to pick up at any door on level 2, taxis were relegated back to just level 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter