What a difference...

Makes sense, since some schools have spring break the week after Easter. Glad you are enjoying it!

Yesterday, at The Plaza restaurant, our server said it was the first day in the last few weeks that she had any down time.
This is the first time we were at Disney for Spring Break. I was expecting it to be crowded, but it was beyond what we expected. We enjoyed ourselves very much, but we decided never again during Spring Break.

I also had major issues with my MDE account. This definitely caused added stress to our vacation. I think it started long before we arrived at Disney. I had trouble with adding magic bands onto my MDE while planning this trip.

We had three reservations due to not being able to get a room at AKV for one night of our trip. I spent at least 12 hours of my 11 day trip at the resort front desk, working with a manager or at a park at Guest Services.

Disney IT had to recreate my MDX three different times. This caused more issues. I would try to go into a park and there would be no ticket media linked to my account. This would cause me another trip to Guest Services to straighten it out.

The IT department called me during a dinner at Chef Mickeys one evening. I had to leave dinner to go down to the front desk to continue working on fixing my MDX. Of course it was the night we had planned on walking to MK to see
HEA. Since my account was still corrupted, I had to stay at the front desk with the manager and missed the show.

It became a joke. How long would I have to be at Guest Service each day. It all came together by day 8 of an eleven day vacation. All the Cms,managers and even the Disney Ambassador(who I met at AK Guest Services) were wonderful. They tried very hard to help us and I do appreciate their efforts. It just was frustrating wasting so much time, especially, when it was so crowded.
Disney should have done something for you to make up for all that lost time. Missing HEA, missing part of CM dinner, not being able to get into the park when you wanted to, etc., deserves something. Write them.

I'm so glad to hear that! We're going on Friday for my birthday and I was hoping it wouldn't bee to crazy like last week

Reactions: rlk
The week before and after Easter is ALWAYS a disaster crowd wise.
We're arriving this week to finish up our AP's and see F&G. We never go on holidays, even though there aren't any slow periods like there used to be.

Reactions: rlk

Disney should have done something for you to make up for all that lost time. Missing HEA, missing part of CM dinner, not being able to get into the park when you wanted to, etc., deserves something. Write them.

I agree. Usually, I believe people sometimes go overboard trying to get freebies from Disney for even the tiniest hiccup...this poster lost valuable time and deserves something.

It was fabulous yesterday at Epcot. Mission Space was an 8 minute wait, FEA was 25. We could walk thru the park with no problem. Here’s hoping the rest of the week is not crowded.

I agree. Usually, I believe people sometimes go overboard trying to get freebies from Disney for even the tiniest hiccup...this poster lost valuable time and deserves something.

The cast members at my resorts (BLT & Kidani) were wonderful and did offer us some form of guest recovery. I was very patient the first 5 times, mostly because of how hard the amazing cast members worked. I spent up to 2 hours at either the front desk or Guest Services those first five days. I started getting aggravated when on the fifth day, we hopped to HS and I was denied entry. After missing HEA the night before, it was frustrating to have to once again spend close to 2 hours at HS guest services. They issued us extra fast passes, but with the crowds, our pre-set plans and lost time, it was difficult to find the time to use them.

My MDX account continued to give us problems throughout our 11 days; all requiring visits to the resort front desk or park guest services. It would kick my family off my account or kick me off a scheduled fast pass. It even screwed up my DME reservation. It all worked out in the end and we will be back, just not during Spring Break.

A week makes. For anyone coming this week, it seems so much less crowded. We have been at WDW since 3/29 and the crowds were insane up until Friday, April 6. Today, April 8, it is actually pleasant to be at Magic Kingdom.

It was fabulous yesterday at Epcot. Mission Space was an 8 minute wait, FEA was 25. We could walk thru the park with no problem. Here’s hoping the rest of the week is not crowded.

Yes! DW and I were at Epcot yesterday, Monday the 9th, and also found it not very crowded. Enjoy the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter