What are your biggest frustrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what do we do with all the people walking that insist on cutting in front of scooters and wheelchairs or the ones that step off a curb and stop dead in front of a scooter?? Can't always blame the scooter driver.
well walking in a straight line down a sidewalk on a non-busy day and getting slammed from people flying out of the door of shops isnt fun, and even standing still on the side of the tomorrowland/hub bridge taking pictures i got hit, and saw a photo-pass photographer get taken out by 1 and then hit while still on the ground by another in epcot...to name a few so in those instances I do blame the driver, i understand its not always the drivers fault, but in everything I've personally everything but one instance was (person stopped in the middle of the road to read a map)

let me just restate my feeling on the ecv thing (since i got some not nice pms on the subject) i'm all for people using them/needing them etc, i just wish that more are trained in operating them safely.

Hello, my kid is standing there with a character, I'm standing there with a camera, why on earth would wander in between us and even worse pause to consult your map/phone/etc ?!? That happened so many times this trip!

^^^ I have to say this is my #1 biggest pet peeve. :headache:

This is exactly the issue we have...it starts to show up in dd's behavior. She just gets all out of sorts. We often end up sharing our meals with her. She doesn't like a lot of what's on the kid's menus, but she'll eat almost anything off the adult menu. Let's face it, a 'white diet' (white bread, white cheese, white milk, white chicken, white potatoes) gets old pretty fast! We always get the dining plan and that helps because at table service there's usually one out-of-the-ordinary item.

I didn't read through the whole thread so I apologize if this has already been mentioned. You can use adult meals for everyone at all quick service locations. Disney only differentiatea kids from adult meals at table service locations. HTH's for next time. My DD is a good eater as well and was not a big fan of the child selections. A castmember told us she could have an adult meal at the QS locations.

>>> child meals <<<

Cut up all the entrees for everybody into little pieces and share.
And/or order an additional (adult) meal a'la carte which can also be cut up and shared. If the meals chosen vary in price, order the most expensive meals with the dining plan first, the child meal next, then pause and say you are paying out of pocket for one extra meal and name the least expensive.

Can you upgrade the package to have adult meals for everyone??

>>> my kid is standing there with a character, I'm standing there with a camera, why on earth would wander in between us and even worse pause <<<

No need to complain so long as the character stays there for you to take your picture.
On the other hand too many folks take such a long time to focus and frame their camera and they can't expect the walkway to stay empty that long.

>>> Disney only differentiatea kids from adult meals at table service locations <<<

Are you sure?

We got back a week ago somethings that were noted:
- We actually encountered a woman using a rental stroller as a battering ram. When she turned the corner at Casey's she hit another mans stroller and he stood there dumbfounded. I believe he was kind of waiting for her to say she was sorry or excuse me at the very least. Well that fine example of a Mother started to keep ramming the stroller until the man backed up and rushed her way off to Adventureland.
- In the middle of Wishes this man walked right in front of me with his child on his shoulders. At 5'3" I could not see anything anymore. This man was easily over 6 ft and his son on top just made him a giant! I didn't say anything. I just stopped filming and let my mom enjoy the show next to me.
- To the person that had their scooter on the sidewalk by Casey's and just stopped. There was no room for the people behind us to get around them (they had a stroller) and traffic just backed up from there.
Other than that I just went with the flow. I was just happy to be there and was not going to let anything really get to me. :thumbsup2

>>> photo-pass photographer get taken out by 1 and then hit while still on the ground by another <<<

What was needed was for someone to yank the keys from the scooters and summon security. Once everything was made right, perhaps with some apologies then the scooter drivers could have their keys back.

Flash photography of Pirates! When we rode Pirates a couple of weeks ago we had two photobugs on our boat. One of them sat next to dh and snapped a picture right in his eyes! Dh said something like, "Ouch, I think I'm blind now." The guys wife did apologize but he kept right on taking pictures.

When we got off of the boat I commented to my 12 year old dd that rude people totally ruin the ride for everyone and if Disney is not going to stop the people taking photos then they at least need to put them all in one boat. The couple heard me and gave me nasty look all through the gift shop, but I really didn't care at that point. :rolleyes1

We did get on it again right after that and had a wonderful ride with no picture taking, what so ever, in our boat or the boats around us.

I'm ashamed to say that at one time I also resented healthy looking people pulling ahead onto the bus while we waited. Then my beloved sister got cancer and had a last trip to DW while on chemo and on a scooter. Then a couple of years later I hurt my knee at the last minute and think I looked pretty good but couldn't walk but a few feet. Yep. I walked off the bus a couple of times in order to avoid killing someone. I did not have time to be trained. The trip was imminent. I always waited way back at the hotel so to not push people out of their spot. Sometimes unwatched 1 yr olds would step out from behind something and almost get run over. It was scary. Also there is a burst of speed as you get on the monorail and the first time I almost hit a baby. I cried the rest of the day. Scooters are not fun at all.

If a ride is stopped for more than a minute, I start snapping. Once it starts up again, I stop snapping.

I figure that since it is a ride-through kind of thing and you aren't supposed to be stopped, anyway, that a minute is long enough to luck out and take everything in. But, again, I don't keep snapping once we start moving again.

I do agree that dark rides should be dark. No snapping, no phone stuff, etc.

But the stopping is a bonus. After a minute, it's a free-for-all for pics. Some of my favorite pics came about while stopped on rides. :)

It takes anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes for peoples' eyes to adjust to the dark, depending on age, nutrition, and other factors.

All it takes is one 50 millisecond flash from a tourist's camera to start the clock all over again.

Brazillians:mad:.. they come in packs of 30, wear the same t-shirt and act like they own the place. In defense to the whole pro stroller/evc/wheel chair people.. I would rather run into a group of those than bunch of brazillians.

My brother is a healthy 6ft 2 guy who for all intents and purposes looks like one the healthiest around (in his late 40's).

Last time he went on vacation, he went site seeing and walking around. He was in such terrible pain after the first day. Their following days were cut short because of his pain.

Now to the history - he had a work accident 14 years ago, he fell 2 stories and landed on his heel. Totally destroyed all the bones in the heel and lower leg. The doctors were able to repair the damage. He can walk and basically is fine day to day.

However, if he walks for hours (such as in DW), he would be in pain after the first day. He would not be able to walk after that. His leg swells up and the pain in unimagineable.

I had never really thought obout EVC's until we tried to convince my brother to go to DW. He dreads the thought. We are trying to convince him to go and to rent an EVC. He doesn't want to use one. We keep telling him that it is the only way that he would enjoy his vacation.

If some people saw him driving around on an EVC and then getting up to walk in a ride - they would assume that he was faking it.

Not everyone has a visible medical condition!

Sorry about the long post!

One pet peeve: people who line up for parades an hour early then stare at everyone like a territorial lion if you get within 3 feet of their precious spot.

Another: loud, Loud, LOUD people in small spaces. I understand the joy of being at Disney, but the screeching, loud singing and general shouting is too much.

Yet another: people who hate kids and go to Disney. Get over it folks, I love disney too, and fact is, there are going to be a ton of kids around. They aren't all marauding little devils out to ruin your good time!

Otherwise, we've fixed our other pet peeves by renting a car and staying a mile away from those buses. I won't enter the hidden or not so hidden disability fray, but I'm not the most patient person, and to stay with my better angels it's best to avoid the whole bus situation entirely!

2. Hello, my kid is standing there with a character, I'm standing there with a camera, why on earth would wander in between us and even worse pause to consult your map/phone/etc ?!? That happened so many times this trip!

How far back are you standing? Lots of people get tunnel vision at the parks, and they just don't see that you're trying to take a photo.

This happens a lot to me at Epcot, with its wide-open vistas and the fountains -- I'm walking from the west to the east side, and I'm already thinking about Mission:Space, and next thing I know, someone's going "HEY!" So I look around, and there's a group of five people ten feet to my right, and a photographer about the same distance to my left. Literally, enough room to drive a tank thru.

Sorry, folks, but if you're gonna snap a group photo, use a wide angle lens so you don't have to be 20 feet away from your subject. Either that, or do it early in the day before the crowds pick up.

I'm not intentionally photobombing you, but neither am I going to spend my day trying to avoid getting into your pictures.

If I see you, I'll stop. If not, learn to live with disappointment.

People who call WDW the Happiest Place on Earth. That's DL, people.

WDW is the Most Magical Place on Earth. ;)

Brazillians:mad:.. they come in packs of 30, wear the same t-shirt and act like they own the place. .......
I think this is my biggest pet peeve of all!!!

I agree with most of the posts on this thread..... and we just look at it all as part of how people are!
Then we go back and laugh about it all......

Way back in 2002 while at MK (it was really crowded and hot!) there was a family walking and arguing about what to do next..... they obviously had not gotten the whole idea of Fast Pass. They were walking in front of us and kept stopping and yelling at each other. we were getting frustrated in trying to get around them!!!
and the girl (about 8 yrs old) SCREAMED.... "is that all we are going to do ALL DAY IS WALK AROUND???"
DD and I busted out laughing because we really felt her pain!!
so now whenever we feel the frustration of crowds or rude people.... we say it to each other!!!

BTW..... Love this thread.... it makes me laugh!!!! :lmao::lmao:

Honestly, I try to not let people get to me. It is really not worth the aggravation.

I will admit that people stopping in the middle of the walkway is rude, but I just keep going and move around them. I have turned and looked at them and said 'you should really move to the side instead of stopping in the middle of a walkway" - but not hatefully.

The only thing in Disney that really bothers me is flash photos on dark rides and people trying to get a piggy-back ride while we are waiting in line. The flash photos....there is nothing I can do about it. When people are standing that close to me, I sometimes turn around and look at them and politely say, "there is no need to stand up on me like that, it is not going to get us through the line any faster." But the majority if the time, I will start a conversation with them. For some reason, when people start talking to you, they see you as people and not tourists and they show a little more respect.

I love threads about annoyances! We all love Disney World (why else would we be read a message forum based on WDW?) :)

But, as someone mentioned before, with alot of money on the line, many different cultures and traditions around, screaming crazy, happy children, your bound for some annoying times. Does it make me not want to return? Of course not! But darn-it... some people just drive me crazy! :cool2:

Here's my top 10 annoyance list (in good natured fun, of course).

10) People who get annoyed by people who get annoyed
9) People that use wheelchairs that don't need them (come on - have you seen the movie Wall-E?)
8) People that refuse to watch my children when I'm getting my drunk on at the Mexico pavillion
7) When the Pinnochio Village Haus QS dining CM won't sprinkle sugar on my son's pizza and fries. Seriously. You mean, I have to do it myself???
6) Stinky people
5) People that say The Carosel of Progress is boring. Uh, maybe you're boring. Did you ever think of that?
4) Parents that don't mind their children. Who is this vacation for anyway?
3) Rude characters. My daughter asked Minnie Mouse 3 simple questions about her dress and she didn't answer ANY of them.
2) When someone ties fishing line to a $20, puts it on the ground and pulls it away as I try to pick it up. If the jokester wasn't hiding behind the group of 35 people standing in the middle of the aisle, the joke would have been on him!
1) People that expect me to offer my coveted bus seat to the elderly/pregnant women/tired children/fat people. Hey, I'm old, tired, fat and sort of pregnant too! Go find your own chair!

Cheers! Can't wait to see everyone there in Feb 2011! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter