• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your biggest frustrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest frustration is people who are so easily frustrated. RELAX!! Your on vacation in the Happiest Place on Earth!!!:yay:

No it's not. You would have no idea that I was frustrated. The passive-aggressivity is really annoying. Again, I'd love to be able to be completely inconsiderate of others and not understand that I'm not the only person in the world, but I'm still in "pay attention and be considerate mode" like a normal human being should be, so it's natural to notice when others aren't.

Jedi said:
the flash pictures and rampant ECV use.....why cant they mandate that you need a certification/license etc to operate them safely would deter alot of people from just getting them, and the people who truly need them would know how to not run everyone over

But what do we do with all the people walking that insist on cutting in front of scooters and wheelchairs or the ones that step off a curb and stop dead in front of a scooter?? Can't always blame the scooter driver.

My biggest frustration is the kid's meals...altho' they've gotten very slightly better since our first trip in 2007, I wish they would offer more choices - not all children eat only pizza, chicken nuggets and hamburgers.

I am so with you on this one! My dgd4 has been eating everything her parents eat since she was a baby - just not as much! Plus she is a vegetarian and big for her age so she has a healthy appetite. Mac and cheese two meals a day for a week doesn't work. Come one Disney! Get with it!:wizard:

Mine is the scooters and wheel chairs for people who don't need them!! We waited in line one night for nearly an hour while my daughter slept on my lap on the ground. My father in law had polio as a child and uses a scooter so there are definetly people who need them but I don't think that putting your sleepy child in a wheel chair and using it to your advantage is fair. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him but they got to cut in line and get on the bus while we all continued to wait.:confused3

I think it is wonderful and amazing how godlike your powers are in terms of knowing who needs a scooter and who doesn't.:rotfl:

Just got back from Disney today and had an amazing trip! Stayed at the Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Lodge, both such fun places to be. Sadly, I cannot help but allow temporary stops in the magic when certain frustrating things are CONSTANTLY happening!

First of all, when in a group of people, the best place to stand and converse is NOT in the middle of the freaking walkway! What could possibly be going through these people's minds? How can you stand in a huge crowd of people struggling to get through and not realize that you standing around having a casual conversation is incredibly rude? It's one thing if people are standing and reading a map (still rude and inconsiderate, but at least you can understand that their mind is preoccupied with something), but when you're just in a circle in the middle of everything how can you possibly not realize what you're doing?

Secondly, what are all of the questions people have for the attendants at each ride? These conversations seem to go ON AND ON and block the entrance to the ride. A few days into the trip, I finally figured out what the problem is. It's actually Disney's fault. All of the signs say "Stand By Entrance", which is exactly what people are doing. Literally. Does anyone think they would consider changing them to "Stay Clear Of Entrance"?

Finally, is there any dark ride anywhere in the world where you're allowed to take flash pictures? Isn't is common sense that this ruins the ride for everyone else and if not, what is the logic? And how come nobody tries to take flash pictures on the Haunted Mansion, but on Pirates, it's a flashing bonanza? They've even given up on stopping it. If you don't take a picture before the ride starts, nothing is going to be said. On one ride on Pirates, we were floating along nicely with no disruptions. Then we stopped for about ten minutes halfway through and for some reason people thought this gave them free reign to take all the flash pictures they wanted for the rest of the ride!

Anyone else have frustrations that make your day less than magical while at Disney?

A) people line cutting and then having the nerve to be upset when you don't allow them past you:mad:
B) parents that get drunk( GF club level) and have small children and can not safely take care of them around the water, so I feel it is my duty to look after them to make sure they won't injure themselves:furious:. If you are going to drink, please get a sitter or leave your children at home.
C) people who come to the________________(insert, parade, bus, monorail, boat) late and then run right up to the front like you aren't standing and waiting, I mean come on, it's not like I'm harry potter and I'm rocking my invisible cloak and you can't see me:crowded:
D) having to worry about someone stealing my child's stroller because they like how it looks and want to make some extra money on the side by taking it:headache:. SN: does anyone know how they make it out with all those strollers they lift:confused3.

I think that is it for now:rotfl:

Anytime you get a large number of people together from different backgrounds and cultures and with high expectations, someone is going to end up getting annoyed. All of these frustrations are common to any crowded place where people are trying to get the most for their money. None of them are unique to WDW.

As for scooters, WDW requires a lot more walking than most people normally do everyday for a week or more. Therefore, people who can move around fine in their day-to-day lives need to rent scooters or use wheelchairs to be able to function there. I'm sure they would much rather be able to walk, but isn't it wonderful that they have the option to enjoy the parks as much as anyone else?

Mine is the scooters and wheel chairs for people who don't need them!! We waited in line one night for nearly an hour while my daughter slept on my lap on the ground. My father in law had polio as a child and uses a scooter so there are definetly people who need them but I don't think that putting your sleepy child in a wheel chair and using it to your advantage is fair. There was absolutely nothing wrong with him but they got to cut in line and get on the bus while we all continued to wait.:confused3

IDK, we had to get my DH a scooter for our trip last year. What a pain!! We did not go to the front of the line, we went to a different line. I started keeping track of who was in back of us when we went to this line and most of the time they got on before we did. Heck sometimes they would be done ridding and we would still be there waiting.

And, as much as the scooter drivers need to be considerate, so does everyone else. A girl ran into my husband and scratched her leg. She ran into my DH, but her mother chased us down to yell at my husband for running in to her. :confused3

Plus, I can say with about 99.99% certanity that these people would much rather be healthy enough to walk Disney and not ride in a scooter.

.....on the other side of the "I was here first" mentality for the parades. We came up to the edge of the parade route about 20/30 minutes before the start; there was a wide open portion of real estate with the white rope draped in front. My DW and I walked our stroller up beside a young couple so our two small girls could see (my older DD, DW and I stood behind so others could use the rest of the space.......here is where the pet peeve kicks in. While conversing with the kind young couple a lady came over saying we "stole her spot". She apparently decided she had the ability to claim a 25 foot section of roadside for people she was expecting. I explained to her we were not moving, she got really nasty and started yelling she "had been there for over an hour" and it was her area. Funny thing was it was just her and her son.....no one else was with her. As the parade started she tried to step in front of my then 6yo DD and shoved her out of the way.....I replied to this by gently informing her if she shoved my DD one more time I would stop being nice. She had the nerve to call me rude!! Really?? You want the entire side of the parade route for you and your son, then shove my 6yo DD and try to block my kids view and I am rude??? The young couple offered to let my little girls in front of them, but instead I placed myself between the rude lady and my DD.....needless to say she walked away at that point. Getting there early is fine, but just because you are "there first" and "have been there over an hour" does not give you ownership of the entire side of the parade route, nor does it give you the right to touch a young child......ever!!

Ok, I'm done!!!

:thumbsup2

...we stopped for about ten minutes halfway through and for some reason people thought this gave them free reign to take all the flash pictures they wanted for the rest of the ride!
If a ride is stopped for more than a minute, I start snapping. Once it starts up again, I stop snapping.

I figure that since it is a ride-through kind of thing and you aren't supposed to be stopped, anyway, that a minute is long enough to luck out and take everything in. But, again, I don't keep snapping once we start moving again.

I do agree that dark rides should be dark. No snapping, no phone stuff, etc.

But the stopping is a bonus. After a minute, it's a free-for-all for pics. Some of my favorite pics came about while stopped on rides. :)

B) parents that get drunk( GF club level) and have small children and can not safely take care of them around the water, so I feel it is my duty to look after them to make sure they won't injure themselves:furious:. If you are going to drink, please get a sitter or leave your children at home.
:

you had to know this was coming:

there is a difference between
A)being so drunk you can't take care of your children,
and
B) drinking adult beverages on your family vacation

the flash pictures and rampant ECV use.....why cant they mandate that you need a certification/license etc to operate them safely would deter alot of people from just getting them, and the people who truly need them would know how to not run everyone over

except that one has to have a license to drive a car and that doesn't deter bad driving one bit. bad behavior is bad behavior.

While lot's of things that people bring up on the DIS are things that DW and I agree with, the fact is, we tend to block out much of it while at WDW. If we allowed all the things that people do wrong to irritate us, then it would ruin our vaca. That is not to say we don't notice and have our opinions about the misbehavior of others, we just choose not to fixate on it.

There is one thing though that does affect us when we see it and that is parents having meltdowns at their child's expense. Sure, we've been there with the kids melting down, hot, tired, cranky...but for goodness sake, people need to recognize the situation for what it is and be mature adults and set a good example for their children.

A) people line cutting and then having the nerve to be upset when you don't allow them past you:mad:
C) people who come to the________________(insert, parade, bus, monorail, boat) late and then run right up to the front like you aren't standing and waiting, I mean come on, it's not like I'm harry potter and I'm rocking my invisible cloak and you can't see me:crowded:
D) having to worry about someone stealing my child's stroller because they like how it looks and want to make some extra money on the side by taking it:headache:. SN: does anyone know how they make it out with all those strollers they lift:confused3.

I think that is it for now:rotfl:

Do people really steal strollers to make money? I just washed and "detailed" mine so it didnt look really cruddy in the parks... maybe i should kind of junk it up a bit.:;)

Just got back from Disney today and had an amazing trip! Stayed at the Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Lodge, both such fun places to be. Sadly, I cannot help but allow temporary stops in the magic when certain frustrating things are CONSTANTLY happening!

First of all, when in a group of people, the best place to stand and converse is NOT in the middle of the freaking walkway! What could possibly be going through these people's minds? How can you stand in a huge crowd of people struggling to get through and not realize that you standing around having a casual conversation is incredibly rude? It's one thing if people are standing and reading a map (still rude and inconsiderate, but at least you can understand that their mind is preoccupied with something), but when you're just in a circle in the middle of everything how can you possibly not realize what you're doing?

Secondly, what are all of the questions people have for the attendants at each ride? These conversations seem to go ON AND ON and block the entrance to the ride. A few days into the trip, I finally figured out what the problem is. It's actually Disney's fault. All of the signs say "Stand By Entrance", which is exactly what people are doing. Literally. Does anyone think they would consider changing them to "Stay Clear Of Entrance"?

Finally, is there any dark ride anywhere in the world where you're allowed to take flash pictures? Isn't is common sense that this ruins the ride for everyone else and if not, what is the logic? And how come nobody tries to take flash pictures on the Haunted Mansion, but on Pirates, it's a flashing bonanza? They've even given up on stopping it. If you don't take a picture before the ride starts, nothing is going to be said. On one ride on Pirates, we were floating along nicely with no disruptions. Then we stopped for about ten minutes halfway through and for some reason people thought this gave them free reign to take all the flash pictures they wanted for the rest of the ride!

Anyone else have frustrations that make your day less than magical while at Disney?

Thank you for making my Sunday morning. Those are my top 3 "complaints," so now I feel better that I'm not alone.

One other frustrating thing for me are the young women working at the wine booth in the Italy pavillion. On the past 3 visits, I felt like I was interrupting their day.

Why do threads about pet peeves always have to unearth the wheelchair fraud accusation ? So sad.

While I am too sick of the wheelchair/scooter debates...I never understand the comments like these. Do people who are saddened by this honestly think that 100% of wheelchair users need them?

Knowing that fraud and less-than-honest people exist in all areas and all walks of life (sorry for the pun) - I am very confident myself that fraud DOES happen with wheelchairs. Now, the percentage might be small (and hopefully is), but I am sure that some people without integrity do in fact use it specifically for the fraud aspects (skipping lines, etc.). Just line everywhere - there are people who just use the system and try to find loopholes for their own benefit.

That said, I KNOW I cannot tell the difference between people who need them and people who are using the system - so I would never guess or be upset with someone I see using one (even if they stand up to walk sometimes) - so I have to and do assume that everyone I see is a valid user (when I actually think about it - which is usually only on these threads, not at the parks :)). But the sad part here is that we all know that is not the case and some people are abusing the system - ultimately making it more difficult for those who truly need them. That's the sad part to me.

I'm a very easy going person. If someone stops in the walkway, I assume they saw something cool. I can wait, or if I can't, I'll say excuse me and cut through. I don't care if people who rent scooters need them or not, I don't care how old your kid in the stroller is, I don't care if you refill your mug, or pool hop, I don't care how you dress, if you drink, if you smoke or whatever - Honestly, life is too short to worry about what other people do or don't do while on vacation. But, for the love of God, PLEASE stop referring to Cinderella's castle as "Cindy's castle". It hurts my ears. So, I guess that's my biggest frustration.

I hate the "me first" attitude that takes over a lot of people when they arrive at Disney. Why is it that the happiest place on earth often brings out the worst in people? :confused3

When we go to Disney, we try so hard to block out the rudeness in bus lines, pushiness by parades, and all the other poor behavior that many adults display. Sometimes it's very hard when you're so hot and tired! IMHO, it's the worst part about WDW.

I'm a very easy going person. If someone stops in the walkway, I assume they saw something cool. I can wait, or if I can't, I'll say excuse me and cut through. I don't care if people who rent scooters need them or not, I don't care how old your kid in the stroller is, I don't care if you refill your mug, or pool hop, I don't care how you dress, if you drink, if you smoke or whatever - Honestly, life is too short to worry about what other people do or don't do while on vacation. But, for the love of God, PLEASE stop referring to Cinderella's castle as "Cindy's castle". It hurts my ears. So, I guess that's my biggest frustration.

Hear, Hear! I could have written your exact same post.
You know, we have gone to WDW 3 times in the past year and a half, all during very bus times and have only had 1 line incident and only good experiences at the parades. And I am one that gets VERY easily annoyed with people but at WDW, I am relaxing and having fun and not going to let anything ruin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter