• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your biggest frustrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl:Oh my, I left for couple of hours just to find that they still try to prosecute you, lol. Maybe we can just move to execution.:confused3 I suggest 3 rides on IASW, count all dolls and report back. If it is not the right number, you brought it on yourself.:scared1: Smile and do not pay attention.:hippie:

FANTASTIC, KellyNY!!!!!
:rotfl:

Sad to see this thread has deteriorated to back and forth debate revolving around ECV's and scooters again. It was interesting while it lasted!

OhioDisneydad, don't worry, most of us understood that it was the times you where upset about, not the "supposed # of wheeled transportation devices" on the bus!

I can see that bus transportation could be very frustrating when there are that many stops after a long day in the park and all you want is to do is get "home" to relax! That is definitely one downside to bus transportation....

I have personally been lucky with buses so far, but I remember getting annoyed with having to stop at Kidani before heading over to Jambo House!!! (especially because Jambo House comes first when heading up the road!) on my Sept '09 trip .... that extra 5 minutes did become the bane of my bus ride at the end of our 12 days! (I guess I should be happy it was a small inconvenience, as 1.5 hours would have really driven me batty!)

:goodvibes

OhioDisneyDad, we tried WDW bus transportation the first trip we took (came down via Amtrak and had no car), we decided all those years ago to drive down and use our car to get around. If we need to be somewhere other than the park we entered for an ADR, show or tired kids it is just more convenient to have a car. Our big issue was the fact we hated bringing our stroller on the bus because it was a huge imposition to other guests/passengers; I don't even like dragging it onto parking trams for the same reason, but what are you gonna do??? :confused3

I will never take a bus just because they are not reliable or timely.

:thumbsup2

One of only a few times we've ever been frustrated with a CM's decision:

Hubby and I wanted a rider swap pass for Toy Story Mania so we could ride and actually play the arcade games. The CM turned us down for a rider swap pass because "everyone can ride". Being huge fans, we didn't want to miss out on the ride and so we all went on it. Our twins, at 17 months, wouldn't wear the 3D glasses of course, and were really too young to enjoy the ride. With the lap bar on the ride vehicle and trying to hold them on our laps, we really couldn't enjoy the interactive arcade aspect of the ride either.

I think Disney should let parents decide when a ride is appropriate for their child and if and when a rider swap is necessary.

does NOT mean the kid did not need the wheelchair for a good portion of the day. There are many conditions that cause weakness and fatigue, among both kids & adults. Walk a mile in their shoes...

Thank you very much! To most people I appear to be a normal 35 year old woman with no reason to be in a wheelchair. However, I feel like I should wear a sign around my neck so I can advertise that I have a disease that isn't noticable to the naked eye....so my biggest frustration is judgement by others! You have no idea why I am in a wheelchair, but I don't pay out $200 dollars per vacation just so I can get on the bus first. I would rather be healthy enough to stand in line and walk for miles at my age. But I am not and I get all kinds of comments like "what's your disability, mental perhaps? I would love to retort, yes and I'll assume yours is stupidity!"

I have lupus and I get tired so easily and sometimes just can't manage the lines, the walking, and all that comes with a trip to Disney. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to go.

I agree with the rider swap frustration. We wanted to swap for the safari ride at AK because thought it would be too bumpy for our 2 month old. The CM asked another CM for advice then they both actually laughed at us for asking and looked at us like we were crazy. Luckily, there wasn’t much of a line so one of us waited with the baby while the other took our older kids.

This was not one of my frustrations but one I witnessed from another guest. We were watching the Electrical parade. The crowds were pretty light and everyone had wiggle room around them. A few spaces down from us was a woman who was sitting on the ground right in front of the rope. As the parade started she kept leaning under the rope to look into the street. Of course the rope is right at grabbing level for the kids next to us and in their excitement they were moving it up and down. Not flinging it around, just making it move a little. Well, because this woman’s was sitting directly under the rope she kept getting hit in the bed of the neck and became quite upset about it. She was glaring daggers at the kid, grabbing the rope and yelling at him to stop (he couldn’t hear her over the parade).

I could understand if the kid was making it fling around wildly, but really it was just moving a bit because he was holding it. I looked up and down the crowds and no one else was getting hit with the rope (probably because they weren’t sitting directly under it) and there were many people face level to the rope who were not bothered in the slightest. I felt bad for the woman because she spent the entire parade glaring at the boy instead of watching the floats go by.

One of only a few times we've ever been frustrated with a CM's decision:

Hubby and I wanted a rider swap pass for Toy Story Mania so we could ride and actually play the arcade games. The CM turned us down for a rider swap pass because "everyone can ride". Being huge fans, we didn't want to miss out on the ride and so we all went on it. Our twins, at 17 months, wouldn't wear the 3D glasses of course, and were really too young to enjoy the ride. With the lap bar on the ride vehicle and trying to hold them on our laps, we really couldn't enjoy the interactive arcade aspect of the ride either.

I think Disney should let parents decide when a ride is appropriate for their child and if and when a rider swap is necessary.

:thumbsup2

Thank you very much! To most people I appear to be a normal 35 year old woman with no reason to be in a wheelchair. However, I feel like I should wear a sign around my neck so I can advertise that I have a disease that isn't noticable to the naked eye....so my biggest frustration is judgement by others! You have no idea why I am in a wheelchair, but I don't pay out $200 dollars per vacation just so I can get on the bus first. I would rather be healthy enough to stand in line and walk for miles at my age. But I am not and I get all kinds of comments like "what's your disability, mental perhaps? I would love to retort, yes and I'll assume yours is stupidity!"

I have lupus and I get tired so easily and sometimes just can't manage the lines, the walking, and all that comes with a trip to Disney. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to go.

drgreene I feel your pain. I understand and no we don't need to have to wear a necklace. Our condition is just that our condition. love:hippie:

I understand this as well & I'm sorry for all of the prejudiced you may have gone through in your life. :grouphug: Although I do not have a disease, I am a teacher of children with autism and I work with a ton of kids who "appear" typical at first glance, or get shoved off as "bratty kids" when they actually have a disability that is majorly affecting their behavior. Time and time again, I will actually have parents say to me "Sometimes I wish my kid looked more autistic so people would leave us alone and not judge us."

So, while I know our stories are different, there is nothing that irks me more than when people prejudge without seeking more information because often times things are not what they appear to be at first glance. :teacher:

After reading MOST of the frustrations scooters seem to be the biggest one. I ride one at WDW and at Walmart, etc. No I don't look handicapped but I have a reason. LOL I wouldn't mind if Disney had a bus that just transported w/c , scooters but with the population getting older there would be LOTS of buses that would get in the way of able bodied folks.:cool1:

I'm not gonna lie, if it would get me a seat on a bus or a few less weird looks when I sit on the ground while in line I'd wear a sign that said "I have fibromyalgia". No, it's not anyone else's business but if it'd make things a little easier...

That said, if I get to the point where I need a scooter or a wheelchair I'm not going to give a rat's patoot if people think I don't need it. You wanna give me dirty looks? Go ahead. Just watch your toes if I happen to be passing. :rolleyes1

My biggest frustration is having a list of things I want to do or eat and not doing 1/2 of them!

I spend time polling DISers about their favorite snacks, drinks, meals, etc. I take the list with me to WDW and don't do 1/2 of the stuff.

If you had bothered to pay attention to what I wrote I said that the bus driver had problems "kneeling" the bus. I know this because I was sitting in the back staring at the "kneeling" button when the bus driver kept trying to get it to work right. There wasn't any lift as you claim - at least not on the bus I was on. The entire bus actually lowered and tilted to right until it was level with the curb (at least that was the idea anyway - the bus driver was a bit challenged to make it work). I'm surprised that an "expert" such as yourself doesn't know this. I also find it funny that you know what happened on the bus when you weren't there but that's par for the course on the DIS.
That's actually very interesting - and it doesn't seem particularly safe. Having to kneel the bus so that one side of it tilts to within four inches of the road? That's a heck of an angle for the bus as a whole. I wonder if the driver wasn't aware there's a ramp. After all - there's NO curb at the parks, just flat pavement. The driver would have had to kneel the floor of the bus to actual pavement level for these Guests to board the bus at Epcot. I know you weren't ON the bus then, but did it appear that's what happened?

One of my biggest frustrations is clueless people.

Those who wreak havoc and have no idea. They're the ones who can't be bothered to actually find out what's going on, but just blunder ahead, looking like fools.

If they do get a clue, they then think they're experts, with very little actual knowledge of the situation.

Then they have no understanding of how truly foolish they look. They say that they saw nothing bad, but that's because they were so busy not learning, that they didn't see all the mess that they created.

And that's just on these boards!

That's actually very interesting - and it doesn't seem particularly safe. Having to kneel the bus so that one side of it tilts to within four inches of the road? That's a heck of an angle for the bus as a whole. I wonder if the driver wasn't aware there's a ramp. After all - there's NO curb at the parks, just flat pavement. The driver would have had to kneel the floor of the bus to actual pavement level for these Guests to board the bus at Epcot. I know you weren't ON the bus then, but did it appear that's what happened?

If I recall correctly (and God help me if I get it wrong because someone will jump all over me) but I think part of the floor near the door actually folded outward to help form the ramp. So it wouldn't be a lift (at least not the way I think of a lift) but the driver kept having trouble getting the ramp part to be level with the sidewalk. That's why he had to kneel the bus multiple times because he kept leaving a drop off from the ramp to the sidewalk which obviously isn't safe for those rolling off the ramp.

If I recall correctly (and God help me if I get it wrong because someone will jump all over me) but I think part of the floor near the door actually folded outward to help form the ramp. So it wouldn't be a lift (at least not the way I think of a lift) but the driver kept having trouble getting the ramp part to be level with the sidewalk. That's why he had to kneel the bus multiple times because he kept leaving a drop off from the ramp to the sidewalk which obviously isn't safe for those rolling off the ramp.

Just a friendly advice, You have right to remain silent, everything you say can and will be used against you.:scared1:

Thanks for clearing that up! There are several different bus styles (Magicbus knows their 'names'). One is the lift; one has a ramp that slides out, and one has a lift that flips out. The last is the best, in my opinion - aka, I don't know, I just think :teeth: - because if it's not operating mechanically, the driver can open and close it manually.

I haven't apologized for anything not in my control in years, but... I'm sorry your one experience with the buses was so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter