What are your experiences with stand by times on unpopular attractions

TheDailyMoo

DIS Veteran
Looking to go at an extremely busy time of year with a toddler for the first time in tow. Totally setting expectations that many big rides won't get done like in years past. But would also like to make sure we get on some things that are easier to do with what I remember as traditionally minimal to no wait times. For those of you that have been going during these last few months what are anecdotally some of the best wait times (I'm talking standby) you've had. I'm thinking very specifically about attractions such as:
- Living with the Land
- Tiki Room
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Voyage of the LM
- Barnstormer (never been on in all these years! I mean why would we?)
- Gran Fiesta
- Anything Nemo
- Muppet Vision
- Small World (of course)

And any other short waits you've experienced even at the most busiest of park days.

Last edited:
Looking to go at an extremely busy time of year with a toddler for the first time in tow. Totally setting expectations that many big rides won't get done like in years past. But would also like to make sure we get on some things that are easier to do with what I remember as traditionally minimal to no wait times. For those of you that have been going during these last few months what are anecdotally some of the best wait times (I'm talking standby) you've had. I'm thinking very specifically about attractions such as:
- Living with the Land Walk on
- Tiki Room 10 minute wait
- Country Bear Jamboree 10 minute wail
- Voyage of the LM Closed
- Barnstormer (never been on in all these years! I mean why would we?) Did not do
- Gran Fiesta Walk on
- Anything Nemo. Walk on
- Muppet Vision Did not do

And any other short waits you've experienced even at the most busiest of park days.

See above from a week ago

- Living with the Land
- Tiki Room
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Voyage of the LM
- Gran Fiesta
- Anything Nemo
- Muppet Vision
- Small World (of course)

Some of these are definitely not walk ons during busy days and/or busy times of day (20+ minutes is not unusual some of the time). But they are usually shorter than other attractions. Other relatively short waits I have noticed during trips the past few months include Peoplemover, Carosuel of Progress, Tea Cups, Under the Sea, Mission Space green (obviously, no toddler on this one though), Pixar Short Film Festival, Triceratop Spin

February 2022

- Living with the Land - this can have a long line or short, rather random timing
- Tiki Room - walk on
- Country Bear Jamboree - usually not any longer than length of show
- Voyage of the LM - this show is closed
- Barnstormer - usually at least 20 minutes
- Gran Fiesta - was walk on
- Anything Nemo - Epcot ride was walk on, show at AK is closed
- Muppet Vision - walk in to preshow
- Small World (of course) - longest of all these, about 20+ minutes at times

February 2022

- Living with the Land - this can have a long line or short, rather random timing
- Tiki Room - walk on
This was my experience last week.

Some of these are definitely not walk ons during busy days and/or busy times of day (20+ minutes is not unusual some of the time). But they are usually shorter than other attractions. Other relatively short waits I have noticed during trips the past few months include Peoplemover, Carosuel of Progress, Tea Cups, Under the Sea, Mission Space green (obviously, no toddler on this one though), Pixar Short Film Festival, Triceratop Spin

Of course peoplemover and COP those two would be for sure the types of quick hit attractions we'd like to do with a toddler. Not sure about Triceratop spin. He's a HUGE dino fan but is that geared toward little ones or too fast? I always run straight passed all those right into my top 5 ride Dinosaur (which for sure would scare him not to mention height requirement probably).

February 2022

- Tiki Room - walk on

Thank you, and you would say this was from a really crowded park day? Again looking at going around 4th of July time and trying to gauge the worst it will be.

I can’t speak to wait times, but our 3 year old LOVED Living with the Land for whatever reason. We rode it probably a dozen times. I got bored and turned it into a game of I Spy…which only made her want to ride it MORE. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Figment rarely has a line and Spaceship Earth is often walk on, as long as you don’t go first or last thing. My daughter loved those. Dumbo, Aladdin’s carpets, and the dino one at AK are all perfect for that age too.

We were there last week and some of those had very long wait times at certain points - Barnstormer, People Mover, Small World, come to mind. PhilharMagic was about about length of show 15 Mins or less and Tiki Room, and we did walk onto Peter Pan during the fireworks. If you are willing to purchase Genie+ I think you could do a lot more but also think you will be able to have fun checking out the atmosphere.

Not sure about Triceratop spin. He's a HUGE dino fan but is that geared toward little ones or too fast? I always run straight passed all those right into my top 5 ride Dinosaur (which for sure would scare him not to mention height requirement probably).
Triceratop Spin is like Dumbo - hub-and-spoke flyer and perfect for toddlers. I think when my boys were young, we just hit Dumbo, Aladdin, and Triceratop every time we were near one. LOL You may be thinking of Primeval Whirl o_O but that ride is no longer in existence.

Thank you, and you would say this was from a really crowded park day? Again looking at going around 4th of July time and trying to gauge the worst it will be.

For context: I have been an AP since around 2007 spending 4-6 weeks a year at Disney. We go every year in the Jan/Feb timeframe. So I have lots of crowd level experience.

We did not go when it reopened until July 2021. It was July 4th Week - July 3-10. I returned Halloween week and then February week.

Feb was way more crowded than even July 4th week. It seemed with each trip we saw bigger and bigger crowds. I just think more people are traveling, they aren't traveling international and no matter what Disney is professing the parks are very full. I saw standby wait times as long as busy busy days pre-Covid. We saw minimal ADRs available. We saw long waits at QS when we chose to get in line. We saw 10-15 minute waits with Mobile Ordering. The only place there was not crowds was in the stores and I think because with the long attraction times there isn't much time left to shop.

I am now booked for Memorial Day week, probably a mistake but fortunately we go often. I hate that we now can do less because of (1) the crowds (2) shorter hours (3) lack of FP+. The Genie+ system is just no where near as valuable as FP+ and I don't believe their percentages of guests purchasing as they presented it. LL for the most part were empty.

Pack patience is what I'm telling friends who are going. If it's better than you expect that is a win.

Figment rarely has a line and Spaceship Earth is often walk on, as long as you don’t go first or last thing. My daughter loved those. Dumbo, Aladdin’s carpets, and the dino one at AK are all perfect for that age too.

And our experience on two trips and multiple Epcot days was Figment had long lines. February it was actually queued OUTSIDE too. I haven't been on since July due to it having long lines, it's just not worth it.

- Living with the Land (10 minute wait)
- Tiki Room (walk on)
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Voyage of the LM
- Gran Fiesta 10 minute wait)
- Anything Nemo
- Muppet Vision (walk on)
- Small World (of course) (over an hour wait every time we checked so we skipped)
Indiana Jones show (get in line early - show was booked and people turned away)
Dumbo (30 minute wait)
Carousel of Progress (walk on)
Mickey's Philharmagic (walk on)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (walk on during afternoon parade)
Tower of Terror (walk on during early opening time 8am)
Star Tours (30 minute wait)
Mission Space (green - walk on)

The above were wait times we encountered last week. I added some too.

I've never been really peak demand time, but I would think about a hard ticket for this plan. The parties have parades and such that a toddler would like. Parties like that are going to be easy to get on Barnstormer and Dumbo, what you are looking for. I'd rather go to a Halloween party in than wait 45 mins for Aladdin. All of the kiddie stuff will be walk on during a hard ticket event, plus some stuff that is really frustrating when it has a wait, like the Little Mermaid or maybe Haunted Mansion, if you want to get crazy. The less hours is great for a toddler anyway.

We have waited 20-30 minutes for Small World, Living with the Land, and People Mover on 3/10 days. We have also seen long lines for the Nemo and LM rides. For Nemo, remember that you can enter the aquarium via the gift shop to wait for the Nemo line to go down.

August 2021 from what I recall

Living with the Land-walk on but saw posted up to 20 mins on a few occasions
- Tiki Room-didn't do it but saw 10 mins generally
- Country Bear Jamboree-wasnt open
- Voyage of the LM-varied between 5 and 40 mins
- Barnstormer-walk on
- Gran Fiesta-walk on to 10 mins
- Anything Nemo-the seas was a walk on, AK show and turtle talk were closed
- Muppet Vision-walk on to 15 mins
- Small World (of course)-10 to 60+ mins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter