What are your recommended Top 10 "Must Do" Activities/Shows

udnylad

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks

I am busy planning our trip in July to WDW. I really am enjoying reading everyone’s trip reports. We are staying at All Stars Movies. The team is myself, my very good DW, DD (7) and DS (5). What would you recommend are the top 10 "Must Do" activities/shows while in Orlando?

Regards
Morven

Hi Morven:wave:
As you are staying at wdw All Stars Movies (we stayed at ASmusic 2 years ago) then you probably will get the UMP (unlimited magic pass) wich you can use to park hop and go to any of wdw's water parks on the same day for the duration of your stay, You don't say how long you're staying at wdw for but if you're staying a full fortnight or longer then the things that are an absolute must(especialy with kids of you're age) are the parades at all four Disney parks and the Fire works at MK and EPCOT and my personal favourite FANTASMIC at MGM studios.

Have you got Simon Veness book yet? (A BRITS GUIDE TO ORLANDO FLORIDA AND DISNEY WORLD) it's an absolute god send especialy for first timers (I know you arn't a first timer but as you havn't been for so long there are so much new rides and shows it'll feel like it LOL)
You will find Simons Book at MACRO in Aberdeen or any book store or even on line at Amazon,

Did you also know that your pass card is also your resort ID card and you can decide when you arrive to use it as a charge card as well as you're room key?, it was one of the things i missed most this time (staying off site) as you also get all you're packages sent to your room free of charge(keeping your hands free for more shopping or holding onto the little darlings)

Hope this is enough to get you well on your way, don't hesitate to ask any more questions no matter how trivial you think they may seem.

Luv Audrey,
xxxxxxxxx;) BTW there is also another show at Cirque du Soleil (in down town Disney) called La Nouba, it's wonderful but a tad expensive, they have a web site, you'll find it in the Disney boards somewhere.

I'm not sure I can list only 10 but be sure to see Fantasmic at MGM, Illuminations at Epcot and as many parades as you can fit in to your schedule! You don't say how many days you'll be there, but if you can fit it into your schedule you should try to go to Seaworld especially if you've never been. We didn't go there on our trip 2 years ago and it's one of our biggest regrets!

At Animal Kingdom don't miss The Festival of The Lion King, the Tarzan show and It's Tough To Be a Bug

The only show we saw at MGM was Little Mermaid and it was wonderful!!

Of course at Epcot- Honey I Shrunk the Audience.

We decided that we would make shows our first priority and rides second and it worked out great , dd's were 3 and 5 and they still talk about the shows they saw!!

Hiya Morven,

only 10? Well, here goes.

1. Cirque Du Soleil - difficult to judge for a 5 yr old, but the other littl'un should love it.

2. Fantasmic - though there is a dark loud part that scares some littlies (like the baddy at a panto does).

3. A Character Breakfast - don't eat, just take photies of the kids' faces. You'll get the option to take a CB as one of yer FlexFeature options as a Resort guest. Don't use the kids' Flexs on this, as you can use theirs for more valuable privileges like a family photo with Mickey with one and a silver frame with the other.

4. Reflections of Earth from Norway/Mexico with a frozen Margarita (for you, not the kids)- if you haven't seen it, it's got loud fireworks so another judgement call if the kids are 'jumpy'

5. Shamu Rocks America - great atmosphere as the sun goes down and nice loud music. It's so beautiful as the first whale leaps out of the water.

6.Feeding time at the SeaWorld Dolphin Pool - $4 for a cup of four fish and the dolphins come right up to yer. The cheapest way yer kids can get to pat a dolphin (and the littl'un is too young for DC yet)

7.Spectro Magic - it's in the title! Lights, music and characters in abundance.

8. A meal at O'Hannas. Very nice, and as romantic as yer can get in a kid freindly environment - they have kids games about every half hour. Plan to dine about an hour and a half before Fantasy in the Sky fireworks at MK then walk down to the beach to see a different aspect of the show (or from the jetty where they have the music piped). The Electrical Water Pageant comes by the beach at 9pm and is good for the kids, though a little 'twee'

9. Busch Gardens - fun for all the family and there are two really good areas for your two's age group. Proper fair ground rides and a massive play area. Busch has the best animal areas too, IMHO.

10. Someone (not the kids!!!) has to ride Fire/Ice in the front seat. It's indescribable!!!!:eek:

Oh, was I just supposed to do a list ? :p

We've stayed at AS Music three times so I can be equally borin on all things AllStars too, if yer have any questions yer daft enough to ask. ;)

Wow, thanks for the ideas everyone. :D
I thought if I asked for 10 suggestions, it would not be too greedy. :rolleyes:
We do have Simon Veness book, just got in fact (another suggestion I read on these boards). My DW is busy reading it, I can't even get a peek at it. ;)
We are staying for 3 weeks, because we thought we should make a go of it. ;)
Until we started planning this holiday, we never knew the was so much more to WDW i.e. PS bookings, character meals, specialty cruises etc.
My DS (5) is game for most things but to date still not sure how to handle the characters. We are hoping to cure him of this during the holiday. His DS loves the character interaction, so we are hoping this rubs off on him. ;)

Keep the ideas coming.

Morven

My 10 not in any particular order

1. Tapestry of Dreams followed by Illuminations
2. Fantasmic
3. Spectromagic
4. Kilimanjaro Safari
5. It's Tough to be a Bug
6. A day visiting the upmarket Disney resorts stopping for meals or at least coffees and ice creams.
7. Beauty and the Beast Show
8. Hunchback show
9. Filmshow in China, Epcot
10. Rock'n'Rollercoaster or Tower of Terror

Hi Morven, welcome to the boards :)

Well, my suggestions already overlap with most everything thing that's already been mentioned, but I did just want to make a special comment on one. The Little Mermaid at MGM. I hadn't planned seeing it at all, but happened to be passing and there was no line (I work on the premise that if there's no queue I'll go in, reagardless of what it is!) and I have to say I was so plesantly surprised by it. It's only a little show, but I do consider it a little gem in MGM which I'm sure is overlooked by many people as it's 'low profile'.

Penny :)

I would say, in no particular order

1) a character breakfast
2) Cirque du Soleil
3) The Lion King show at AK
4) Illumination
5) Fantasmic
6) Spiderman ride at IOA
7) The night parade at MK and fireworks
8) Watching the kids face the first time they see the big wave at Typhoon Lagoon
9) feeding dolphins at SW
10) Tough to be a bug

And many many more LOL

Only 10 huh?
Ummmm.............
Well my faves are:

Spectromagic followed by Fantasy In The Sky fireworks ( Tinkerbelle lights up the Castle and flies away just before the fireworks start) - do catch the childrens faces on video as they see the parade and the characters!

Reflections of Earth - particularly having an IllumiNations Cruise and feeling really privileged to be watching it in style, sitting on a boat with a wonderful view!

Cirque Du Soleil

Fantasmic

Just being in Main Street in MK, strolling down the street towards the Castle! Daytime with the blue sky and sunshine, night-time with the lights twinkling in the trees and the Castle changing colours.

Festival Of The Lion King Show in Animal Kingdom

Watching the Epcot fountains! The BIG one that does it's thing to music and the various fountains including the fun ones (!!) near the Imagination pavilion.

Character meal!

Visiting one of the Deluxe resorts for a meal and then watching the Electric Water pageant followed by the MK fireworks!!

Splash Mountain!

I've only mentioned one ride because it would be impossible to pick only a few so I just added my fave!

cant really compile a list as such but here goes a few suggestions. little mermaid at MGM, bear in the big blue house (maybe a bit young though) parade at Epcot, fireworks at epcot, one mans dream at mgm, backstage tour at mgm, animation tour at mgm, that big ball thing at epcot (gone mad, i can't remember the name of it) you will notice it as you go through the turnstile. all the 3d shows, muppets at mgm, honey i shrunk the audience at epcot, tough to be a bug at animal kingdom, safari at animal kingdom, river rapids at animal kingdom, beauty and the beast at mgm, jungle cruise at mk and to finish off, a meal at rainforest cafe at downtown disney or animal kingdom, a trick there is for the kids to share a meal, you get tons of food.

Two more small points, firstly, have a pineapple float at AdventureLand at MK, just over the bridge on the right opposite the swiss family robinson treehouse ($2.99). And secondly, don't buy a beer at the pub at epcot in the English area, I paid nearly $12.00 for a pint off Bass and half a boddingtons, I expect it to be expensive, but I don't think there is a real need to price it that high.

We have just got back from the All Star Movies (Toy Story block). It was stunning.

Have a great time
Steve

nobody's mentioned the Pirates Adventure Dinner show!

It'll never win any oscars but we had a very good nights entertainment there.

Kevin.

Hi

Three weeks - that is a long trip - you lucky thing.

1) Don't rush round to much - you have plenty of time and this is the most important thing. Take time just to appreciate the small things your kids want to see and just sit in the MK for a while and watch the world go by.

2) Don't miss Illuminations - it is fabulous.

3) Big Thunder Mountain and Splash in MK are a must with kids your ages.

4) Lion King Show and Kilimanjaro Safaris in Animal Kingdom are must do's.

5) Definitely do at least one character meal. Chef Mickeys in the Contemporary Resort is the most fun. Easy to get to by monorail from the Magic Kingdom.

6) The Hoop de Doo Show at Fort Wilderness is great fun. I wouldn't say it is a must do but, we enjoyed doing it the once. The show is good however the food is a great letdown.

7) If going to Seaworld - definitely buy some fish and all have a go at feeding the dolphins.

8) Don't miss the parade in the Magic Kingdom - usually at 3pm and get a seat at least half an hour before (on the pavement). In fact watch as many parades and fireworks as you can - they are all great.

9) Definitely do a waterpark if it is included in your ticket and you are there that long. They are meant to be great. Water parks have not been included in our tickets before so we have never done them but, we are excited about doing them this time round.

10) Do get an inroom sitter (kindercare) or put your kids in one of the kids clubs and have a nice meal. I would highly recommend the Neverland Club at the Polynesian. They have a dinnershow there for the kids and don't feel guilty - they will enjoy their night out just as much as you enjoy yours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter