• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Counter Service Do You Like in the Parks?

Of course you can but you get more of it at quick service/ fast food places 🥺😟
Ifyou read a menu properly you can avoid the shortcuts that some restaurants take.

As for the bolded above most of the examples you wrote is in fact overly processed food although I’m confused by your dessert inclusion. I wish you’d include an example so i ‘d understand better🙂
You can do research and see what qualifies.

Examples: ice cream, fruit-flavored yogurt, pie crusts, unbleached flour, pastries, biscuits, any dessert made from a mix, base or box, seed oils (which is almost everything these days unfortunately). Sugars, emulsifiers, many sweeteners, artificial colors/flavors, etc are processed. Do not even get me going on Red 40 and the dangers of it. We are not to starve and in moderation some of it is okay. My point is that we cannot assume we are avoiding processed foods by avoiding "fast food".

We visited with a large group in March 2023. Many of the CS places we used to like were just awful. For example, Tortuga Tavern. Not only is the topping bar gone, which we expected because of the economy, but the food was just awful. Pizze Rizzo changed...less toppings. Woody's lunchbox was no bueno. Where do you go in the parks for counter service where you feel the food is "good" and you get enough for the price. I do understand this is subjective.

The only park for us that is not an issue is EPCOT. There is so much to choose from.

Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree is the only one I usually eat at.

EPCOT - I like Yorkshire, but now they give you 1 small fish for more than they used to charge for 2 good-sized pieces of fish. Mexico guacamole. Mexico nachos. We always visit during the holidays and try the different food booths in the countries.

MGM - We do not like much here. Catalina Eddie's. Rontos.

Magic Kingdom - Not a lot of good choices here. Everything is a hot dog. :crazy2:🤢🤮Better to snack all day. Chicken & Waffle. Friar Nook for breakfast. Use to like Cosimc Ray's when they had roasted chicken.

Satuli for pods, then pongu pongu for dessert
Yak & Yeti for chicken with rice and spring roll
Columbia Harbour House for salmon fillet (a real shame they ditched the tuna salad sandwich)

Some days we have a bigger breakfast and snack all day in the parks :D

Satuli is a fave for us, but I just read the chicken and beef have both changed in 2024. The beef is now a pot roast and the chicken is different too. Has anyone been there in 2024 and can comment?

We have always liked Flame Tree at AK, Cosmic Ray’s at MK, Yorkshire Fish Shop and Boulangerie Patisserie at Epcot. We aren’t super excited about the choices at HS but usually end up at Fairfax Faire.

MK: everyone's already dogged on the options here enough! I will say the only CS we usually wind up eating at is Cosmic Ray's during party events

DHS: Docking Bay 7, also Fairfax Fare has made HUGE improvements IMO

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Katsura Grill (Japan)

AK: ALL OF THEM!
Satu'li Canteen and Flame Tree BBQ are my two favorite CS locations in all of WDW

MK: Columbia Harbor House or take the boat to Roaring Forks
HS: Docking Bay 7
AK: Flame Tree or Satu'li Canteen

For QS, don't discount ordering from the kids' menus even as an adult. I find the portion sizes for the QS regular entrees to be far too much, so often order a kids meal that also includes a water and side.

At Woody's Lunch Box (HS) recently, I ordered the half turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread with dijon, lettuce and tomatoes. It was actually a good size and very tasty. It came with potato barrels (not so healthy), a cutie mandarin and bottle of water.

At the Connections Eatery in Epcot this week, I had the Grilled Chicken Bao which was grilled chicken breast in a wrap, that came with French fries, a cutie and bottle of water. The wrap wasn't huge but it was a substantial order of fries.

I'm not necessarily trying to be cheap, although you also save money with these meals, but the kids' menu choices actually appeal to me more than the adult choices, and is plenty of food for me.
Will I get a funny look if I order a kids meal and I am on my own?

Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in the French Pavilion of EPCOT is a favourite of my daughter and myself. Everyone speaks French, the bread is right for the sandwiches and the service is quick. It is pretty crowded inside around lunchtime but we still manage to find a seat for two without issue.
You burn a lot of calories walking around EPCOT and the deserts are just right anytime of year to give you a boost of energy.

Will I get a funny look if I order a kids meal and I am on my own?

Not at all. I don't think the CMs think anything of it. I've never had a reaction from anyone and I'm usually buying either one kid's meal if I'm alone, or two kids' meals if I'm with my husband or sister.

A lot of places have mobile ordering as well, and no one is questioning that an adult has picked up a kid's meal.

Satuli and Flame tree, Backlot Express and ABC Commissary, La Cantina de San Angel, (used to be Pecos Bill) but we now go to Capt Cooks at the Poly for pulled pork nachos on our MK days.

Satuli and Flame tree, Backlot Express and ABC Commissary, La Cantina de San Angel, (used to be Pecos Bill) but we now go to Capt Cooks at the Poly for pulled pork nachos on our MK days.

The pulled pork nachos and superfood salad are our favorites. Well worth the extra travel time to eat there rather than in MK.

I don't find I do counter service very often - not because I want to avoid processed foods or anything - I just often have sit-down ressies for dinner, eat breakfast in my room, and sometimes just skip lunch or get a snack.

Inside the parks, favorites are Flame Tree, Cantina de San Angel, Pecos Bill, Regal Eagle, and Sunshine Seasons. When I do use quick service, it's usually those ones. But I also often hit quick serves outside the parks - other favorites are the Polite Pig, 4Rivers food truck, Pizza Ponte (all in Disney Springs), Primo Piatto (at Riviera), and Trail's End (at Wilderness campground)..

We had a stuffed pancake or waffle breakfast sandwich at a counter across from Yak and Yeti on our past trip …. Washed it down with a Safari Amber ….Breakfast of Champions
yum, sounds amazing.

There's so many bangers and yes some are hidden or not available all the time but worth a look if you're there! Animal Kingdom has really adventurous foods that we love. Flame Tree is typical BBQ but we LOVE the pulled pork cheese fries for snack, and sometimes feed our kids here while we go somewhere more grown up. Around the corner from Flame Tree is a little kiosk that has street tacos and tortilla chips that actually come with a really fresh tasting salsa. Satuli Canteen has been a favorite of ours for years. Right now they have a huge tuna poke bowl that tastes really fresh and elevated. Also Harambe Market has some more african/middle eastern flavors that have been consistently good.

Epcot is clearly the "foodie" park and we usually go during Food & Wine so that's what we choose to dine on but we LOVE the quick service in Mexico. I know it's basic but it feels more authentic Mexican then say Pecos Bill. We also love Regal Eagle Smokehouse. Again, basic BBQ but the portions are huge and I really like the alcoholic drinks here. The General Tso salad at Connections Eatery caught me by surprise and I had it 3 times during our 10 day trip because it was so good.

Hollywood Studios has a lot of "kid friendly" options but we truly love the Star Wars food. We love the smoked ribs at Docking Bay 7 and a ronto wrap is my go to every time I'm in Galaxy's Edge. Woody's Lunchbox is a good kid friendly option but the grown up lemonade is to die for.

Magic Kingdom is our snack park, because the quick service restaurants are so "boring". Every once in a while Cosmic Ray's has a specialty sandwich that is unique but we typically get spring rolls, dole whips, pretzels, loaded tots over at Friar's Nook, or a waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow. And massive amounts of popcorn.

Disney Springs is full of counter service hits. Yesake has delicious sushi bowls or ramen, Polite Pig is high quality BBQ and huge serving sizes, Daily Poutine sometimes has unique flavors, and we love the quick service side of Raglan Road.

We visited with a large group in March 2023. Many of the CS places we used to like were just awful. For example, Tortuga Tavern. Not only is the topping bar gone, which we expected because of the economy, but the food was just awful. Pizze Rizzo changed...less toppings. Woody's lunchbox was no bueno. Where do you go in the parks for counter service where you feel the food is "good" and you get enough for the price. I do understand this is subjective.

The only park for us that is not an issue is EPCOT. There is so much to choose from.
Sat'uli Canteen is my favorite. The quality of food there is high, and I don't understand why more QS can't be at his level

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter