What did WE celebrate? .. 30 days of Disney fun and food! Update 04/02

Karin I can't believe all the great food you and Tom had and the money you save! The DDP is great isn't it? Ending a good meal with chocolate is the best for me too! We ate at a restaurant here at home called Max & Erma's last night with our daughter and her fiancé. We ended our meals with direct from the oven chocolate chip cookies. Nothing better than that!

Karin wrote:
thanks for catching up!
When will you be at WDW in August? And where are you going to stay?
And most of all ............ where are you going to eat? Yes, nosy me, wants to know it all!

Hi Karin, we are going on 8/1-8/11, staying at the BC and I'm still working out details on dining. AO far, I've booked Via Napoli (based on your pictures and descriptions), Le Cellier, Teppan Edo (my kids sentimental favorite) and California Grill. I am thinking of adding the new Mexican restaurant and the Yachtsman. On the regular DDP so I need to work through the details. We were originally thinking of upgrading to deluxe, but your report convinced me it would be too much food!!

I'm looking forward to the rest of our report and the February report too.

Karin I'm sorry but can you please explain your chart to me. I'm a bit confused with how to read it.
How much did we actually cost Disney?
54 dining credits
36 snack credits
Flying Fish ...... 138,20 (4 DC ......... 6 DC remain)
2 Refillable Mugs ...... 29,80
Enchanted Grove ...... 6,60 (2 snack credits ......... 23 snack credits remain)
Cost altogether ..... 1647,20 $

420$ - 1509 $ = 1227,20 $ * this is what has me most confused. I assume that on the part where it says "Flying Fish.....138,20 (4DC.....6D C remain) that is means the meal cost $138.20 (one hundred thirty eight dollars and 20 cents) and you used 4 Dining credits for the meal rather than pay cash with a total of 6 credits left from your entire DDP. The bottom though.....I'm lost. Did you pay a total of $1227.20 for your plan and you have gotten a total of $1647.20 in dining so far???? Thank you again for such a lovely report!

I just wanted to let you know that your Via Napoli link isn't the correct one.. in case you wanted to fix it ;)

But I absolutely LOVE your dining report. I'm sitting here.. it's one in the morning.. and you're making me soooo hungry! You went to so many fantastic restaurants and I'm making a mental list of all of the foods I need to try!

And went I went over February Break, I went to WPE because I was reading your report and you guys recommended it so many times. My family was impressed. So thanks for that :thumbsup2

Hi Karin
I've been working away for a week so have only just caught up with your latest updates
FF looks yummy!
We will be making ADRs for our October trip very soon and FF is on the list :)

Can't believe I missed this update !! But my dessert would have been what Tom got !!One of these days I will spluge on a solo trip and try some of the signature restaurants !!FF and Narcosse's are at the top of the list!!

Karin I can't believe all the great food you and Tom had and the money you save! The DDP is great isn't it? Ending a good meal with chocolate is the best for me too! We ate at a restaurant here at home called Max & Erma's last night with our daughter and her fiancé. We ended our meals with direct from the oven chocolate chip cookies. Nothing better than that!

We had A LOT of food, to me the DxDDP was too much! I can deal with the basic DDP, but never again will we do DxDDP! ;) :lmao: Even I had to give in to the amount of food and I cannot leave a credit behind! :rotfl2:

Mmh, chocolate chip cookies right from the oven! Yum, yum!!! :laughing:

Karin wrote:
thanks for catching up!
When will you be at WDW in August? And where are you going to stay?
And most of all ............ where are you going to eat? Yes, nosy me, wants to know it all!

Hi Karin, we are going on 8/1-8/11, staying at the BC and I'm still working out details on dining. AO far, I've booked Via Napoli (based on your pictures and descriptions), Le Cellier, Teppan Edo (my kids sentimental favorite) and California Grill. I am thinking of adding the new Mexican restaurant and the Yachtsman. On the regular DDP so I need to work through the details. We were originally thinking of upgrading to deluxe, but your report convinced me it would be too much food!!

I'm looking forward to the rest of our report and the February report too.

Oh, we will miss you by two days! :sad2:
To be honest, when I upgraded our FD to the DxDDP I thought what a nice idea, I had it all worked out - early lunches and late(ish) signature dinners. But after the first few we got so tired of eating 3 courses twice a day and there were treats we could not have because we could not fit them in! :rotfl2:
Next summer we will have the free DDP again for the first portion of the trip and then we will use our TiW.
Your restaurant lineup looks good btw. Check reviews for Via Napoli and the new Mexican Place though - Nicki (MickeyNicki) was not impressed with either! She went to the Mexican restaurant during their fall trip and VN on their February one - we cancelled our ressie at VN because of her review.

I hope to wrap up the last day and a half and finish this report by next weekend ;) hopefully!
I really need to make a move on with my February report - or it will not be very up to date! :thumbsup2

Great FF review, those desserts look delish :)

Thank you, Stefy! We really enjoyed FF, and meeting Sophia and Joe afterwards! :thumbsup2

Karin I'm sorry but can you please explain your chart to me. I'm a bit confused with how to read it.
54 dining credits
36 snack credits
Flying Fish ...... 138,20 (4 DC ......... 6 DC remain)
Cost altogether ..... 1647,20 $

420$ - 1647,20 $ = 1227,20 $ * this is what has me most confused. I assume that on the part where it says "Flying Fish.....138,20 (4DC.....6D C remain) that is means the meal cost $138.20 (one hundred thirty eight dollars and 20 cents) and you used 4 Dining credits for the meal rather than pay cash with a total of 6 credits left from your entire DDP. The bottom though.....I'm lost. Did you pay a total of $1227.20 for your plan and you have gotten a total of $1647.20 in dining so far???? Thank you again for such a lovely report!

No problem!
Tom and I did have Free Dining which we upgraded to DxDDP. I booked with the British Disney Travel company and the 420$ are the cost of the upgrade (value in US dollars versus Euro) - so this is actually ALL we paid.
So ........

420$ (actual cost for dining) - 1647,20$ (money spent on food = DDP credits) = 1227,20$ (money we cost Disney for dining!)

I am not sure if that makes more sense, but I can always blame it on NOT being a maths teacher and English is NOT my first language! :rotfl2:

Let me know if it makes more sense now! :hug:

I just wanted to let you know that your Via Napoli link isn't the correct one.. in case you wanted to fix it ;)

But I absolutely LOVE your dining report. I'm sitting here.. it's one in the morning.. and you're making me soooo hungry! You went to so many fantastic restaurants and I'm making a mental list of all of the foods I need to try!

And went I went over February Break, I went to WPE because I was reading your report and you guys recommended it so many times. My family was impressed. So thanks for that :thumbsup2

Thank you for letting me know about the link! I fixed it and it should be working now!

It's so nice to know that people enjoy reading my review! Sorry for making you hungry ....... ;) :laughing:

I am glad you and your family enjoyed WPE! It is one of our all time favourites and as you know we have even made friends there! :goodvibes

Hi Karin
I've been working away for a week so have only just caught up with your latest updates
FF looks yummy!
We will be making ADRs for our October trip very soon and FF is on the list :)

We really enjoyed FF, even though by then I was "done" with the DxDDP! :rotfl2: The food was really good and Tom and I want to try the Wine Dinner there in August/September, just need to find a spot to fit it in! ;)

Can't believe I missed this update !! But my dessert would have been what Tom got !!One of these days I will spluge on a solo trip and try some of the signature restaurants !!FF and Narcosse's are at the top of the list!!

Never mind, you are all caught up again, Rosie!
We love FF, but we won't return to Narcoossee's any time soon. Didn't like the food - we had VERY chewy lobster and the service was horrible. Not rushing back!

Day 29, September 11

Lunch at Columbia Harbour House

Time to go home, our last few hours at WDW had broken. We had a breakfast reservation at the Wave, but we just didn't make it. There were still lots of things to be done and getting to bed in the small hours of the morning didn't help either.
Mary Ellen and Joe called around 11am, when we were just heading out. They had already arrived at the MK and we decided to meet there!

All of us were hungry and we headed to Columbia Harbour House for lunch.

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

Joe had the Fried Fish Basket served with French Fries. There were no complaints about the food - he finished it all in record time.

IMG_8136.jpg

Mary Ellen had the Fried Shrimp Basket - Served with Coleslaw and French Fries

Tom and I shared our food

IMG_8138.jpg

We shared a Fried Shrimp Basket - Served with Coleslaw and French Fries. There was a generous amount of shrimp, fried to a golden crisp and they were really good. Easy enough to share.

IMG_8139.jpg

The other dish we shared was the Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun. We have had that before and really love it. There is a generous amount of well seasoned tuna salad on lettuce and tomato - again, more than enough to share.

IMG_8141.jpg

It came with a bag of chips.

IMG_8142.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

Dessert was the Apple Crisp. Not my all time favourite dessert, but it was nice. I wish they would warm it up a bit - it would be a lot better warm.

IMG_8143.jpg

And it was the first Halloween cup we came across that year!

54 dining credits
36 snack credits
Columbia Harbour House ...... 63,80 (4 DC ......... 2 DC remain)
Cost altogether ..... 1711$

420$ - 1711$ = 1291$

Next up - And another drink from the Enchanted Grove

I love the tuna sandwich at CHH :cloud9:

I am going to try the Lighthouse (hummus) sandwich when we are there in May :thumbsup2

Timmy & I will DEFINITELY be eating at CHH next week- can you believe it will be my first time!!! :scared1: Crazy, huh? :rotfl:

We had A LOT of food, to me the DxDDP was too much! I can deal with the basic DDP, but never again will we do DxDDP! ;) :lmao: Even I had to give in to the amount of food and I cannot leave a credit behind!

Than you did much better than we did this year... I agree it is a TON of food. I actually think it can work out OK if you do a signature every night and then one other meal during the day. But again, you end up ordering so much more than you probably would otherwise. I, for one, don't always love eating dessert immediately after a big dinner and I can't tell you how many delicious looking desserts I didn't like as much as I might have had I not been SO full.

Oh well.. we left credits on the table. Terrible! :headache: I'm with you... I think when we go back we'll probably do the regular DDP, or none at all. Portions are so big and there are so many snacks and treats around I could see Mark and I sharing a fair amount of CS. To be honest, a number of the one credit TS places just didn't do it for me this time and don't seem worth the time and money. :confused3

To be honest, when I upgraded our FD to the DxDDP I thought what a nice idea, I had it all worked out - early lunches and late(ish) signature dinners. But after the first few we got so tired of eating 3 courses twice a day and there were treats we could not have because we could not fit them in! :rotfl2:
Next summer we will have the free DDP again for the first portion of the trip and then we will use our TiW.
Your restaurant lineup looks good btw. Check reviews for Via Napoli and the new Mexican Place though - Nicki (MickeyNicki) was not impressed with either! She went to the Mexican restaurant during their fall trip and VN on their February one - we cancelled our ressie at VN because of her review.

I hope to wrap up the last day and a half and finish this report by next weekend ;) hopefully!
I really need to make a move on with my February report - or it will not be very up to date! :thumbsup2

And I'm with Nicki on Via Napoli. I was SO disappointed. I was expecting the pizza to be so delicious, based on Nicki's first round of reviews and your first reviews, but the crust wasn't crisp and we didn't find the CMs to be that great, either. I felt like we had a much better meal at Tutto the year before. Plus, we get truly great pizza up here in the Northeast, which is the part of the country most Italians immigrated to when they first came here. Then again, it was our last meal of the trip and I'm finding that by that last meal, I'm DONE with restaurant food of any kind! :lmao:

Columbia Harbour House looks great, especially that shrimp! I also love a good tuna sandwich. I'm definitely on the look out for good CS places for our next trip!

And yes...by all means...get a move on that February TR... :rotfl: Hmm...maybe that means I should, too!

Karin,
Two more restuarants we have not tried!
Both look good especially the shrimp, too bad not coconut shrimp :)

Mmmm Columbia Harbour House looks so good!!! :) Can't wait to try it in August!! :yay:

We really enjoy it there. Get a table upstairs - much quieter than downstairs! :thumbsup2

I've got to say Columbia Harbor House looked good. I need one of those shrimp baskets! :banana:

The shrimp basket is so good - and so is the fish basket1! ;) They have yummy salads too - it is always so hard to decide! :goodvibes :lmao:

I love the shrimp platter at Columbia House !!!!!

Me too! :hug: :thumbsup2

Yummy CH Lunch, must try that place on of these days :)

You have never been? You need to try it in the fall! :thumbsup2

I love the tuna sandwich at CHH :cloud9:

I am going to try the Lighthouse (hummus) sandwich when we are there in May :thumbsup2

I have yet to try the Lighthouse sandwich. We always wanted to, but then the tuna sandwich always wins! :lmao:
Maybe during the summer! :thumbsup2

Timmy & I will DEFINITELY be eating at CHH next week- can you believe it will be my first time!!! :scared1: Crazy, huh? :rotfl:

Be sure to grab an upstairs window table, Ellen! The food is real nice, but sitting upstairs, looking down onto Liberty Square and all the hustle and bustle is just the best! :goodvibes

Than you did much better than we did this year... I agree it is a TON of food. I actually think it can work out OK if you do a signature every night and then one other meal during the day. But again, you end up ordering so much more than you probably would otherwise. I, for one, don't always love eating dessert immediately after a big dinner and I can't tell you how many delicious looking desserts I didn't like as much as I might have had I not been SO full.

We have never let a credit behind, paid for or free dining. I make it a mission to use them all up! :rotfl2:
We did just what you suggested. We had a lunch planned every day as early as they would open up and then a late(ish) dinner. But after a few days we got so tired of having to be at a restaurant every midday, eating 3 courses and not being hungry when we went out to dinner.
There were a lot of snacks I would have loved to try, but we were too full to even attempt an ice-cream! :scared1:

Oh well.. we left credits on the table. Terrible! :headache: I'm with you... I think when we go back we'll probably do the regular DDP, or none at all. Portions are so big and there are so many snacks and treats around I could see Mark and I sharing a fair amount of CS. To be honest, a number of the one credit TS places just didn't do it for me this time and don't seem worth the time and money. :confused3

When we use our TiW we share a lot of things. So we get to try a lot of new things. And with the portion size you will be even stuffed on two appetizers! :lmao:
We have a few "old favourites" that we tend to do every trip, but you are right not many TS are as good as they used to be!

And I'm with Nicki on Via Napoli. I was SO disappointed. I was expecting the pizza to be so delicious, based on Nicki's first round of reviews and your first reviews, but the crust wasn't crisp and we didn't find the CMs to be that great, either. I felt like we had a much better meal at Tutto the year before. Plus, we get truly great pizza up here in the Northeast, which is the part of the country most Italians immigrated to when they first came here. Then again, it was our last meal of the trip and I'm finding that by that last meal, I'm DONE with restaurant food of any kind! :lmao:

The pizza WAS delicious when we first went there a few days after it opened. Very similar to the pizza we get when we go to Italy.
This year we had a reservation, but after Nicki told us about it, we dropped it. Don't know if we will be back in the summer. :confused3

Columbia Harbour House looks great, especially that shrimp! I also love a good tuna sandwich. I'm definitely on the look out for good CS places for our next trip!

You will love CHH! They have some pretty good salads as well! :goodvibes

And yes...by all means...get a move on that February TR... :rotfl: Hmm...maybe that means I should, too!

Yes, I should (and hopefully will) get a move on with my February AND last August TR! :rotfl2:
But then, maybe I should start a February Dining Review once I am done here! :lmao:

Karin,
Two more restuarants we have not tried!
Both look good especially the shrimp, too bad not coconut shrimp :)

I can recommend both - FF and CHH! The shrimp were pretty good! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter