What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Today I made beef and cheese enchiladas, one dish for today's dinner and one to the freezer for future use.

Yesterday I made meatballs which we had for dinner last night and three containers of meatballs for the freezer.

Wednesday, I fried six chicken breasts using almond flour and parmesan cheese as the crust. We enjoyed two of the breasts that evening as Tuscan chicken and two dishes of two each went to the freezer for future use. Most likely those will become chicken parm.

I like to make extra for later use. It makes life much easier when I don't have to do the full prep but can still have a more complicated meal. The other plus side for me is that the cleanup for today is all done, and I won't have a mess to clean up the next time I use one of the items in the freezer.

Today I made beef and cheese enchiladas, one dish for today's dinner and one to the freezer for future use.

Yesterday I made meatballs which we had for dinner last night and three containers of meatballs for the freezer.

Wednesday, I fried six chicken breasts using almond flour and parmesan cheese as the crust. We enjoyed two of the breasts that evening as Tuscan chicken and two dishes of two each went to the freezer for future use. Most likely those will become chicken parm.

I like to make extra for later use. It makes life much easier when I don't have to do the full prep but can still have a more complicated meal. The other plus side for me is that the cleanup for today is all done, and I won't have a mess to clean up the next time I use one of the items in the freezer.
I love making extra for the freezer. Sounds delicious.

I love chicken parm but have never made it. Do you have a good recipe for it or some hints ??? Thanks:)

I love chicken parm but have never made it. Do you have a good recipe for it or some hints ??? Thanks:)

Well to start with I think it works best with fried chicken breasts. I have made it with just plain chicken breast but it's not as good. My DH always cuts the breasts in half making two thinner pieces, you can do this, or some may pound their breast to make it thinner. I don't bother with the pounding process as I like the breast to be a little thicker and by cutting the breast the way DH does thins the breasts out to my desired thickness.

When/if you fry the chicken, I like to brown the outside which does cook the chicken somewhat but not all the way. I put the breasts in a casserole dish and add tomato sauce, place in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes or so (until almost done) then add the cheese and continue cooking in the oven until the cheese is melted and chicken is fully cooked.

As you can see, having the chicken breasts cooked ahead of time will save a lot of time and mess. Makes for a much easier cleanup process. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier. 😉

I hope this helps and that if you try it, that it works for you. Bon Appetit! pixiedust:

Well to start with I think it works best with fried chicken breasts. I have made it with just plain chicken breast but it's not as good. My DH always cuts the breasts in half making two thinner pieces, you can do this, or some may pound their breast to make it thinner. I don't bother with the pounding process as I like the breast to be a little thicker and by cutting the breast the way DH does thins the breasts out to my desired thickness.

When/if you fry the chicken, I like to brown the outside which does cook the chicken somewhat but not all the way. I put the breasts in a casserole dish and add tomato sauce, place in the oven at 350 for 30-40 minutes or so (until almost done) then add the cheese and continue cooking in the oven until the cheese is melted and chicken is fully cooked.

As you can see, having the chicken breasts cooked ahead of time will save a lot of time and mess. Makes for a much easier cleanup process. I'm always looking for ways to make my life easier. 😉

I hope this helps and that if you try it, that it works for you. Bon Appetit! pixiedust:
Thank you very much Ms.Minnie:) I will try it!

This looks yummy! What's in it and if you don't mind, how do you make it?
  • 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
    1 cup sliced celery
  • 1 cup chopped yellow or red sweet pepper
    ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar or mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
    1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (6 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
    ¼ cup sliced green onions
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
    ½ cup crushed cornflakes
    ¼ cup sliced almonds
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, sweet pepper, cheese, soup, yogurt, green onions, lemon juice and black pepper. Transfer to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.

2. In a small bowl, stir together cornflakes and almonds. Sprinkle evenly over chicken mixture.

3. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

(I don't use the yogurt or the corn flakes.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter