What do you silently judge people for?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
I would say

Talking on public transport - wish they would be quiet
Coughing - again just me quiet
Drinking energy drinks - show off.

I judge people who openly push gender bias to children - "boys don't cry, man up, he's too sensitive, that's just for girls, he needs to toughen up" are all comments we've heard from people about our son - some people were family some not.

it weirds me out. and if i hear people doing it, i'm judging them. we gave my son a toy vacuum cleaner for his birthday when he turned 3 - the only one i could find was pink (which, again, seriously....?)

and my brother in law gave us a hard time - "are you trying to sissy him up"....

pardon me?

so i judge people harshly for that behavior. oh well.

I judge people who openly push gender bias to children - "boys don't cry, man up, he's too sensitive, that's just for girls, he needs to toughen up" are all comments we've heard from people about our son - some people were family some not.

it weirds me out. and if i hear people doing it, i'm judging them. we gave my son a toy vacuum cleaner for his birthday when he turned 3 - the only one i could find was pink (which, again, seriously....?)

and my brother in law gave us a hard time - "are you trying to sissy him up"....

pardon me?

I gave my DS a real ironing board, iron and spray starch when he was a sophomore in HS. He had to wear a shirt and tie every day and I had enough of ironing for him and his sister. He used them every day while he was in HS and still does when he needs something pressed.

My DD has never used them and just wore a sweater over her blouses in HS to avoid ironing.

It's not teaching the boys to be sissies, it's teaching them to be adults.

pardon me?

That would bug the crap out of me and that would be way beyond a silent judgement from me. I'd confront.

Listening to music or watching videos while grocery shopping. First its not like they have headphones in so now I get to hear it but also really you can't just go grocery shopping without being entertained?

Coughing in Church. This bothered me before covid too. If you're hacking up a lung then stay home.

Buying something as soon as it is released... especially if its completely unnecessary... usually luxury items like the newest version of a phone even though you just got the one that came out 4 months ago, or the newest video game console even though the only difference from the previous one is it is slimmer.
Maybe I'm just jealous that I've had my phone since 2016 and want a new one even though mine still functions just not as well lol.

I gave my DS a real ironing board, iron and spray starch when he was a sophomore in HS. He had to wear a shirt and tie every day and I had enough of ironing for him and his sister. He used them every day while he was in HS and still does when he needs something pressed.

My DD has never used them and just wore a sweater over her blouses in HS to avoid ironing.

It's not teaching the boys to be sissies, it's teaching them to be adults.

agree - not to mention - he thought it was fun to vacuum just like daddy bc guess what - mom doesnt do EVERYTHING....

I don't know - i feel like we should be past gender roles at this point.

That would bug the crap out of me and that would be way beyond a silent judgement from me. I'd confront.

oh i did - but i'm an overly emotional female...

That brother in law is a lost cause though - this is the same guy who received a birthday card from his own kid, who drew a rainbow in it, and said OUT LOUD "but i'm not gay why did you do that".

deep breaths.

we don't go over to their house anymore.

oh i did - but i'm an overly emotional female...

That brother in law is a lost cause though - this is the same guy who received a birthday card from his own kid, who drew a rainbow in it, and said OUT LOUD "but i'm not gay why did you do that".

deep breaths.

we don't go over to their house anymore.
Yeah. Sounds like avoidance is probably better than confrontation. He's not likely to change.

What do I silently judge? So many things. I don't even know where to start. lol.
Isn't that really the whole point of people-watching, which is a highly regarded pass-time if Disney trip reports are to be believed. :rotfl:I personally try to ignore most people when I'm in public because what I don't know doesn't hurt me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter