What do you silently judge people for?

If you type would of/should of/could of I instantly judge you. Same with walla instead of voila.

I can't even...
;) Yes, you and I would HAVE done it so much better ourselves. And using the word "taters" in a post discussing food? I can accept it occasionally used in casual speech but seriously - what kind of a person purposely types out the word taters instead of potatoes? :eek: Are you posing as a hillbilly in a witness protection program or something and trying to maintain your cover?

Last edited:
Wearing pajamas in public, simply because you couldn't be bothered to get dressed.
Folks walking around with their cell phone on speaker as they engage in random conversations.
Smoking (and I'm a former smoker!)
The worst- the folks driving in oncoming traffic that I can see looking down and using their phones. Scares the hell out of me.

Wearing pajamas in public, simply because you couldn't be bothered to get dressed.
Folks walking around with their cell phone on speaker as they engage in random conversations.
Smoking (and I'm a former smoker!)
The worst- the folks driving in oncoming traffic that I can see looking down and using their phones. Scares the hell out of me.
Smokers are the worse of the worse no matter where. Walk past a smoker and yes they stink to high heaven. They make my eyes water. So happy that in our neighborhood that no one smokes.

Unless you are a Judge, you should not be judging people. Looking down on people because they do or say something you don't agree with is one of the worst human traits.

IMHO this is too simplistic a view. If I am in a store and I see someone verbally abusing a store clerk, am I supposed to stand there and do nothing? What if they are allowing their kids to climb on things and it appears to me that the child is in danger of falling or could cause someone else to get hurt? What if a bunch of teens are ramming shopping carts into parked cars or running up and down a hotel hallway banging on doors? What if you see the same person day in and day out on public transit and they are always taking up two seats or leaving their trash behind? Judging is a part of everyday life. We all look at what others do in relation to what is our norm or that of our community. Judging is not the same as looking down on people. A lot really depends on what action you take or not do in response to others. Things that just annoy me are likely to be ignored. Things that endanger others or their property may cause me to consider taking action or advising others who might be in a better position to do so.

.......i feel personally attacked

JOKING 🤣 🤣

but i will say - it's impossible to know what a pajama is anymore.

after being shifted to permanently working from home now, i wear a lot of leggings and long shirts....i go out in them. maybe they are pajamas to some people?? I don't know what a waist band is anymore so I'm not the best person to weigh in.

People who are wearing coats and winter gear and are carrying a baby/toddler that is half dressed. I understand that they shouldn’t wear a puffy coat in a car seat but put a hat on the child and wrap in a blanket. Takes 3 seconds! If ‘it’s not that cold’ then take off YOUR coat!

Hypocrites. So many examples of this but, most recent example from our COVID times is coworkers who say they cannot come to work, in person, because they have comordities and coming to work is dangerous so they put themselves on the 100% telework list due to medical reasons. Then they hop on a plane and go on vacation to Disney or San Diego, or somewhere else. Hypocritical IMO. Can't come to work, but it's fine to vacation.

People who don't even do the most basic research about anything and have no clue about how anything works. I see it a lot with elderly people and I certainly don't judge them, but in the younger set (under 65), it's ridiculous. I could list a million examples of this but it would take too long and raise my BP!!

Doesn’t change the fact that it is a horrible human trait. Horrible.

Yeah, but there wouldn't be a humanity without it. It is part of the human condition, part of life really. Now, the key is to not let our petty judgements interfere with the more important ones. For me it's tatoos - I am not a fan - BUT I know plenty of folks who have them that I also think are great people, many are my friends. I may judge their decision on that one front, but in the end it's not a big deal. The fact is, we all have these thoughts - what we should do is not let them control us.

Grammar - especially ”I seen” instead of “I saw” & using an apostrophe to make something plural & misspelling really common words (“greatful” instead of “grateful” & “dinning” instead of “dining” & “an” instead ”and”)

Rude, Entitled, and/or Disrespectful Behavior - like leaving the buggy beside your car or really loud talking/laughing to the point it disrupts & disturbs the experience/activity (eating, shopping, watching a movie...) of others around you or talking on your cell phone while checking out of a store w/ a cashier

Kids running & screaming in stores & restaurants

People obviously sick in public

Not wearing a mask in public

And, I know this is really judgy but people wearing winter-specific attire in summer & wearing summer-specific attire in winter or not dressing properly for the occasion/event/place... like wearing strappy, heeled sandals in winter or a heavy sweatshirt & knitted hat when it’s 95 degrees out

Last edited:
What really bothers me is when parents (or even just people in general) excuse all kinds of behavior based on stereotypes for a category. Two primary ones PPs have already mentioned.

Disrespectful kids...
I’m talking kids who tell their parents to Shutup or call them names.
I think every time I have ever heard a kid be extremely disrespectful like this, the parent always shrugs it off as "that's how all teens/tweens are". Nope, it's actually not how all teens talk to people.

I judge people who openly push gender bias to children
and my brother in law gave us a hard time - "are you trying to sissy him up"....
The gender thing (mainly with boys) drives me nuts. I often just want to yell, "No, actually your children do not behave like complete animals because they have penises, they behave like that because you assume "that's just how boys are" rather than setting any appropriate expectations for them." I cannot tell you how many times I have heard that my son was not a "normal" boy or "not like other boys" or all sorts of excuses for why he was respectful of people's feelings/property/personal space/etc.

We had very close friends who had three boys. Those boys were never exposed to anything that was not geared explicitly toward boys (no books, movies, or anything that was "sensitive" or had female leads). They were very sweet, but over the years they just got more unruly and insensitive. The friendship ended when my husband expressed his strong feminist views after one of their boys told him that he was "head of household so he could do whatever he wanted".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter